Author Topic: Are there any particularly good keycap manufacturers? I'm looking for a keyset.  (Read 4328 times)

Offline pradyungn

• Pradyungn
Pretty much what the title says. I'm working on a zealios v2 75% build, and want to find a keyset that goes well with my setup. For the most part, I'm using a gray and purple workspace theme, with the kbdfans75 case (light gray on top, dark gray on bottom), and want to carry that theme over to my keycap theme. Do you guys know of any particularly good gray/purple keycap sets, and if so, can you link them? Extra points for novelties!

If you don't know of any keysets like this, it would help just knowing what the good keycap manufacturers are! (I only know GMK)

(Note that I've seen the resale GMK pricing on mechmarket, and am willing to pay it if it's a good keyset.)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
The most well-known ones and vouched for are
- Signature Plastics = PimpMyKeyboard.com - they do SA, DSA, DCS, DSS profiles...
- Uniqey / GMK - they do Cherry profile
- EnjoyPBT - Cherry profile
- Keyreative - Cherry profile (I think)
- JTK - Cherry profile

Grey and purple though, I guess there is:

- GMK Uniqey Q:01
- GMK / DSA / SA / DCS / JTK Hyperfuse, Hyperfuse Origins, Hyperfuse Remix, and all the other Hyperfuse variants

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Lightning covered it :thumb:

GMK Deep Space is available new if that fits your colours, not sure how the blue novelties fit your theme...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ImperfectLink

Offline Surefoot

Keyreative are doing KAT and KAM from what i know

Offline zslane

As mentioned, the two most reputable are Signature Plastics and GMK. Their keycaps are the best you will find. Everyone else is an up-and-comer trying to make it into the big leagues with these two.

Offline Surefoot

Their keycaps are the best you will find. Everyone else is an up-and-comer trying to make it into the big leagues with these two.
That's arguable at best - IMHO KAT is better overall, even if a bit more restrictive in colors due to the dye sub process, they keys themselves are very thick PBT with a very nice, smooth profile.. So while they arent (yet) making as many kits every months for the group buys here, "the best keycaps" is a bit more of a fuzzy, personal concept.

Offline pradyungn

• Pradyungn
- Signature Plastics = PimpMyKeyboard.com - they do SA, DSA, DCS, DSS profiles...
- JTK - Cherry profile

- GMK / DSA / SA / DCS / JTK Hyperfuse, Hyperfuse Origins, Hyperfuse Remix, and all the other Hyperfuse variants

- JTK - Cherry profile

Just saw this. All are solid reccomendations, and I'll be sure to look into them!

Offline pradyungn

• Pradyungn
Lightning covered it :thumb:

GMK Deep Space is available new if that fits your colours, not sure how the blue novelties fit your theme...

Holy crap, that looks dope. That's got to be the best keyset I've seen so far.

Offline pradyungn

• Pradyungn
Are you a Bladerunner fan?

https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-2049-keyset/

I actually really like Blade Runner, and saw that keyset! My only gripe is that it's DSA, and I'd really prefer a full on SA or Cherry keycap set, just so that I can get the artisans to go better on the kb. Personally, while I prefer SA and Cherry keycaps per what I've tried, I also have no problem with DSA.