geekhack Community > geekhack Media

Post your Korean Keyboard ^_^

<< < (2393/2398) > >>

Belfong:

I have not bought any new keyboards for the past 3 years. I just took out this GON and use it again. It has MX Clears and still works fine. I miss Clears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr0ximity:
OTD 356CL DGE

Half polycarbonate plate, MX Clears (as found)

GMK Dolch R5, OG Desko RGB mods, Click Clack F2 Blue Skull

As an appreciator of all things cone feet, I've wanted a DGE for a while but could never stomach the prices they often go for. With the help of some very nice friends I was able to export this scuffed example from Korea -- check out how that ano has worn away on the left side, the ano on these is wildly thin. I wasn't quite able to capture the ano around the nav cluster but it has a slight splotchiness/streaking that looks almost like I could rub the ano off with my finger if I tried hard enough. Definitely not comparable to 2023 standards of custom keyboard finishes  :))

It's really the ultimate board in terms of cone feet experiences though -- really simple but every aspect of it feels somehow elevated. The 1mm PCB and clear polycarbonate plate, with a token o-ring and pillowy bumpons contribute to an incredibly comfortable board to type on, even with what feel like stock-weight MX Clear springs. If you pick up the assembly by one end, the entire PCB and plate will bend noticeably under its own weight. I love that it shares a plate, PCB, and top case design with the legendary 356CL but in a budget, "economy" package. Unlike my KMAC which feels intentionally "hollow" or "thin" (which I love about it) the DGE feels like anything but cheap.

A few more on Flickr

LightningXI:

--- Quote from: pr0ximity on Mon, 03 July 2023, 20:35:09 ---OTD 356CL DGE

As an appreciator of all things cone feet, I've wanted a DGE for a while but could never stomach the prices they often go for. With the help of some very nice friends I was able to export this scuffed example from Korea -- check out how that ano has worn away on the left side, the ano on these is wildly thin. I wasn't quite able to capture the ano around the nav cluster but it has a slight splotchiness/streaking that looks almost like I could rub the ano off with my finger if I tried hard enough. Definitely not comparable to 2023 standards of custom keyboard finishes  :))

It's really the ultimate board in terms of cone feet experiences though -- really simple but every aspect of it feels somehow elevated. The 1mm PCB and clear polycarbonate plate, with a token o-ring and pillowy bumpons contribute to an incredibly comfortable board to type on, even with what feel like stock-weight MX Clear springs. If you pick up the assembly by one end, the entire PCB and plate will bend noticeably under its own weight. I love that it shares a plate, PCB, and top case design with the legendary 356CL but in a budget, "economy" package. Unlike my KMAC which feels intentionally "hollow" or "thin" (which I love about it) the DGE feels like anything but cheap.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A few more on Flickr

--- End quote ---

Damn!!! You got one!! Congrats 🎉

Fantastic photos and blurb as well.

Sifo:
mmmmm clears mmmmmm f2 mmmmmm cone

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: pr0ximity on Mon, 03 July 2023, 20:35:09 ---OTD 356CL DGE

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A few more on Flickr

--- End quote ---

Such a great build, everything about this is so nice. Congrats on getting one, wish I had friends like that (and monies too...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version