geekhack Community > Off Topic

The Future of Marijuana

(1/11) > >>

tp4tissue:

If we really think about it,  in the current political context,  Legalizing marijuana may become a Necessity,  America is probably going to need a large amount of soldiers,   education dropout (graph.table.v) ensures that outcome. It makes sense that the Democrats are fighting hard for this, and their heavy investments into marijuana production..

In the long run, it may not math out, because 'murica's population production rate has collapsed, so we're headed towards surrendering military hegemony like Great Britain did when their population refused to pump out kids for The State.

In theory, we can get all our soldiering from poorer European countries, for example right now, Vkra1ne, but this is less of a sure thing, because they can cancel anytime. It's not like Atnt 2 year contracts, it's more like Tmobile..

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 16 August 2022, 17:26:45 ---If we really think about it,  in the current political context,  Legalizing marijuana may become a Necessity,  America is probably going to need a large amount of soldiers,   education dropout ensures that outcome. It makes sense that the Democrats are fighting hard for this, and their heavy investments into its production..

In the long run, it may not math out, because 'murica's population production rate has collapsed, so we're headed towards surrendering military hegemony like Great Britain did when their population refused to pump out kids for The State.

In theory, we can get all our soldiering from poorer European countries, for example right now, Ukraine, but this is less of a sure thing, because they can cancel anytime. It's not like Atnt 2 year contracts, it's more like Tmobile..

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Literally everyone I know that smokes is a college grad doing very well with a family and a good job. Everyone I know working some ****ty retail position, single, and broke drinks heavily but doesn't smoke weed at all.
Read into that as you may.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Tue, 16 August 2022, 17:30:40 ---Literally everyone I know that smokes is a college grad doing very well with a family and a good job. Everyone I know working some ****ty retail position, single, and broke drinks heavily but doesn't smoke weed at all.
Read into that as you may.

--- End quote ---

NT,  you're an educated guy, you should know that personal experience is not a good barometer for what is happening out at the large scale.   It matters "WHEN" they started,   and in this case, accelerating production with legalization will push down the age group. 

We know that most types of hyper_dopaminergic substances when used during adolescence impedes general academic performance which then increases the potential to produce soldiers.

America might require this very process.

(hina approaches this segregation differently,   What they have is a Tri_gate educational system.

They have extremely difficult Middleschool, Highschool, and College examinations.

Students are sorted 3 times, the gates/barriers are very_High, these tests are Stupid hard for kids of those respective ages.

At the end of sorting, it ensures that ~50% of students enter trade_schools, then they either become soldiers, or factory workers.

noisyturtle:
To be fair, almost all of those who one would deem to be very successful in life that also smoke weed only started doing so in the last few years since legalization in this state, and the ever-increasing abundance of storefronts in every town. In WA, much like it was in CO before legalization, a large percentage smokes at least occasionally in the state. Probably around 30% of the state population, the numbers always surprise me.

chyros:
If it gets legalised, weed use is probably going to spike a bit at first, but will actually become lower over time.

Definitely should be legal. Doesn't do all that much for me, personally, but still.

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 16 August 2022, 17:26:45 ---If we really think about it,  in the current political context,  Legalizing marijuana may become a Necessity,  America is probably going to need a large amount of soldiers,   

--- End quote ---
Nah, that stuff that they give to soldiers is a mixture of speed and coke, not weed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version