Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 577854 times)

Offline ninjadoc

Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (Searching for New Resources)
« Reply #2250 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 16:10:10 »
I hope to start the GB either next week or the first week in January. Production is predicted to be 12 - 16 weeks. boards will be shipped to me or to a proxy if there are several orders in another country. Shipping from the factory will be included in the base price, shipping from me or from the proxies to your home will be billed separately. It is MUCH cheaper to be shipped on bulk.

Boards will be made of Aluminum K701 which I've been assured by US machine shops will handle the rigors of being a computer keyboard.

Colors offer will be black, grey/titanium, silver, and either a blue/cyan or pink.
The top and bottom may be ordered in different colors.

Both brass and stainless steel weights will be offered. Stainless steel will cost more because of cost of both material and cost of machining. The brass weight will not be nickle coated due to cost.

Stainless steel and aluminum plates will be offered and due to cost stainless plates will cost more.

Aluminum plates can be anodized or left uncolored. Colors for the plates will include silver, grey, black, and maybe red. I would love gold to be an option but I'm not sure that is possible.

Shipping should be completed by the end of April IF all goes well.

Warning - I can't be held responsible for minor defects but I can get the factory to replace anything with major damage. I don't want an LZ-FE fiasco in shipping to occur.

If this goes well I have plans for a keypad and several other boards in mind and I'm discussing those with my CAD person at this time.

Pictures and colors will be posted shortly, comments that are useful and productive are appreciated and listened to.

Thank you for your patience.

ninjadoc

I asked a question earlier that got buried about how the edges of the case are shaped, in the prototype pictures it's not quite clear if they're rounded fillets or a sort of flat bezelled edge but they look quite rounded. Are they truly smoothly rounded edges? Ex:

More
Show Image

Show Image

Cheers, and thanks for all the work you've done keeping this project afloat.

Easier to answer once the boards are in hand. Just paid for the prototypes this morning, should be on their way to me soon.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2251 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 17:54:22 »
I like that lavender/blue color!!   But maybe it's a possibly to have a rose/gold or champagne/pink, but I'll gladly accept whatever the final color choices happen to be   :thumb: :thumb:

I tried on the rose gold/champagne pink - I really wanted that. I guess it is hard to anodize correctly - it was strongly discouraged.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2252 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 17:58:26 »
I have permission/encouragement to give credit were credit is due - Asilan has done a lot of hard work on the Cad files at the end.
We started with Hubble's files, YukTsi redid them, and then the final changes were done by Asilan and everyone's hard work is greatly appreciated. Limitz has given me endless encouragement when I've been ready to flush this down the drain and has kept me going many times when I started to say "screw it" and close the thread.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #2253 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 18:08:50 »
I like that lavender/blue color!!   But maybe it's a possibly to have a rose/gold or champagne/pink, but I'll gladly accept whatever the final color choices happen to be   :thumb: :thumb:

I tried on the rose gold/champagne pink - I really wanted that. I guess it is hard to anodize correctly - it was strongly discouraged.

Ok!!  Thanks!!  I just know that PhotoE really wanted a Rose Gold like color.   But I'm sure the both of us will gladly choose from the finalized available color offerings.   Thanks!!  Looks GREAT!1 

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2254 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 18:12:29 »
Thanks for the support, skcheng :)

Ninja, what about something more simple, like basic pink, not champagne or rose gold kind?  Not hot pink variety but a light pink of some sort. 
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35864.msg905696#msg905696

I don't mean to create any difficulties, just checking what's possible before the GB starts.  Thanks again for your hard work and everyone else's who's been involved to make this design happen!
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 18:20:53 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #2255 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 00:44:07 »
Thanks for the support, skcheng :)

Ninja, what about something more simple, like basic pink, not champagne or rose gold kind?  Not hot pink variety but a light pink of some sort. 
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35864.msg905696#msg905696

I don't mean to create any difficulties, just checking what's possible before the GB starts.  Thanks again for your hard work and everyone else's who's been involved to make this design happen!

that is pink.

Offline keikun17

« Reply #2256 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 21:37:02 »
im still in on this.

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #2257 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 22:20:59 »
I'm still down for this as well.
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline rabbitfire

Re: Mira Update - Happy Holidays
« Reply #2258 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 03:52:36 »
I hope to start the GB either next week or the first week in January. Production is predicted to be 12 - 16 weeks. boards will be shipped to me or to a proxy if there are several orders in another country. Shipping from the factory will be included in the base price, shipping from me or from the proxies to your home will be billed separately. It is MUCH cheaper to be shipped on bulk.

Boards will be made of Aluminum K701 which I've been assured by US machine shops will handle the rigors of being a computer keyboard.

Colors offer will be black, grey/titanium, silver, and either a blue/cyan or pink.

Both brass and stainless steel weights will be offered. Stainless steel will cost more because of cost of both material and cost of machining. The brass weight will not be nickle coated due to cost.

Stainless steel and aluminum plates will be offered and due to cost stainless plates will cost more.

Aluminum plates can be anodized or left uncolored. Colors for the plates will include silver, grey, black, and maybe red. I would love gold to be an option but I'm not sure that is possible.

Warning - I can't be held responsible for minor defects but I can get the factory to replace anything with major damage. I don't want an LZ-FE fiasco in shipping to occur.

If this goes well I have plans for a keypad and several other boards in mind and I'm discussing those with my CAD person at this time.

Pictures and colors will be posted shortly, comments that are useful and productive are appreciated and listened to.

ninjadoc

100% sure join this GB! Looking for a custom TKL for months.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #2259 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 04:21:44 »
Hey Ninjadoc, any word on which payment method will be used?

I know previous groupbuys have encountered issues with PayPal freezing funds because of the sudden influx of money.

PayPal would definitely be preferred for most int'l buyers like me, I'm sure, but having money frozen is preferred by no one.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2260 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 05:57:19 »
I suppose it's too late to ask if brass plates are a possibility?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #2261 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:49:06 »
any updated word on pricing for this? Saw in the beginning it said from $350-400, just wondering if that was still the zone or if its raised/lowered?

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #2262 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 13:18:57 »
any updated word on pricing for this? Saw in the beginning it said from $350-400, just wondering if that was still the zone or if its raised/lowered?

Current status of the Mira
First – the current prototypes are here   http://imgur.com/a/PWJdb
It will have the famous O’Mira above the keypad and probably SE on the back by the USB hole.
The SE may or may not have a brass inlay.
The plan for now is to offer it with stainless steel weights but brass may be considered but will not be nickel coated and will be subject to corrosion.
 I plan to offer the colors of black, silver, and grey/titanium but one or two other colors may be offered depending on the anodizing available.
II expect to be able to offer stainless steel and aluminum plates and the aluminum plates can be anodized. The plates do not allow switch top removal, that may change depending on time available to make that change.
 I will only offer Leeku boards which will be soldered except for the bottom RGB LED’s. Leeku might be able to offer those soldered for $5 a board. The plates are designed to use both Leeku’s board and the NERD. YukTsi has been working on a TKL board that should fit and Winkeyless has a TKL board that I think will fit.
I can possibly offer stabilizers and even LED’s if there is enough interest.
Assuming everything works out and I can stay out of the hospital I want to start the group buy in January. I haven’t thought of the ordering period yet but as long as the manufacturer can handle the numbers I do not plan on capping out the amount sold. It is possible that it would have to go in two or more stages depending on the capability of myself and the manufacturer to move the product. The plan is for the Mira to be boxed similar to the TX-87 and the TX-CP which should prevent damage. The quality control will be done at the factory and I can’t be help responsible for minor defects but anything like the damages occurred by the LZ-FE will be taken care of. 
Timeline:
1)      Ordering or verifying ordering around 2 weeks
2)      Payment two weeks for price of the board, shipping will be billed separately.
3)      From time of payment to the manufacturer to my door should be about 12 weeks. I may try to have the boards sent directly to other countries that have several orders to a proxy to cut down cost. Canada would definitely be a country I would like to do this with.
4)      Cost – has not been finalized due to all details haven’t been worked out but I would expect the cost to be between $400 - $425 + the shipping to your home. The shipping from the manufacturer will be included in the original cost and is less when shipped in bulk.

Now being honest, I'm going to mention the fly in the ointment:

(Quoting from the original post by DrHubblePhD in the beginning of this thread - I am not asking for donations, money, or a deposit. I'm simply quoting what was initially said about the deposit. I will give a more coherent edit tomorrow.): "In order to produce a prototype for the Mira and secure a production run in the future we need to put money down with the CNC company we have chosen. Instead of asking for donations from a few people I think it would be better that we offer some benefits to everyone on GeekHack who chooses to help produce the Mira!

What it costs: $40 down towards the full purchase of the Mira

What you get in return:
  • You reserve your spot in the first 57 units that will include gold stabs
  • The opportunity to specify which number you would like engraved on your custom center weight (more on this below). Non-pre orders will receive their number in order of purchase, i.e. no say in the matter.
  • Priority for the limited number of boards that will be offered with full assembly
  • Pre-orders will ship first regardless of location and the total volume of the full production run
  • A thank you note from me in the mail with some custom stickers 
    Show Image
    :p

Show Image
    :))
"

That was quoted from the beginning of the thread. I'm not requesting anything.

I don't know how much money I've put into this, I refuse to count up the money or the hours. The numbering on the first 57 will be done and as far as I know Zeal is donating the gold stabilizers. I cannot donate however much has been put down for the Mira as a deposit. I can try to give you a good board at the best price I can give. I don't expect to make money out of this I just want to see the board completed.
My plan now is to charge everyone the same for the board. If there is an issue or complaint - which I can think of many - go ahead and PM me unless you think it is useful to the community then post it in the thread.

If the group buy is successful I have several other keyboards in the planning/CAD phase and I promise I won't post them until I know they can be produced.

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #2263 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 00:35:31 »
Wow, this is nice..

Offline rabbitfire

Re: Mira Update - Happy Holidays
« Reply #2264 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 06:12:54 »

ninjadoc

It's the first week of Jan. Hope this IC goes to GB soon!

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #2265 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 07:53:14 »
Been waiting on this to fire for a long long time, but sadly I dont think I will have the funds if it starts this month :(

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2266 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 08:18:41 »
Been waiting on this to fire for a long long time, but sadly I dont think I will have the funds if it starts this month :(

See if they will accept dabs as payment.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #2267 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 08:25:50 »

I'd pay double.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2268 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 08:39:26 »

I'd pay double.

I double-dab dare you.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #2269 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 08:45:00 »

I'd pay double.

I double-dab dare you.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #2270 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 22:25:37 »
Just joined GB for zealios switch and gold transparent stabilizer from Zeal. Only need a Mira case to make my very first custom kb.  :cool:

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #2271 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 07:54:03 »
Just joined GB for zealios switch and gold transparent stabilizer from Zeal. Only need a Mira case to make my very first custom kb.  :cool:

Would be a hell of a first man!

Offline ninjadoc

Mira update
« Reply #2272 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 16:58:13 »
 Once I get agreement from the manufacturer I will begin the GB.
Colors offered: silver, black, grey, blue/cyan, pink
Plates – aluminum, stainless steel
Aluminum plates will be offered in silver, black, grey, blue, pink
Weights will be offered in stainless steel or brass
PCB’s will be Leeku’s but Gon has a NERD that will fit. Yuk Tsi has also designed a board that will fit and I believe winkeyless also has one. At this time I will only offer Leeku’s and it will be included in the kit price
The first 57 will be numbered as promised
The boards will be in a custom box and are shown in the link provided for colors. The colors shown demonstrate how hard it is to get accurate colors from a picture. Most of you know what the cyan looks like on the LZ-S and the picture is terrible. The grey show is by the manufacturer and all three appear different and the blue does too. I will ask for the darker grey and the blue is close to the LZ cyan but is not an exact match. I will try to obtain better pictures from the manufacturer. The other colors are self-explanatory.
I will attempt to provide stabilizer sets if I can source them cheaply – if anyone has a good source please PM me
There will be a custom keycap included made by the manufacturer; I can’t afford an artesian to be included
Pricing should be between $400 - $425 but will vary depending on the options chosen by each of you.
The shipping from China to me or proxies will be divided evenly among all in order to be most equitable and will be included in the shipping price directly to your home.
Due to circumstances beyond my control the price of the boards will not have the $40 deposit deducted from your bill.  I think most GH members in the GB know why. If you want to complain or need an explanation, please confine it to PM’s to me.
I will probably run the GB for two weeks, it will be open to all. This will occur during the Chinese New Year celebration which will cause a delay. I anticipate 12 – 16 weeks after order for shipping to begin.
I think that covers everything and as always questions are appreciated.
Before I forget let me include thanks to zzyjayfree for helping me find a manufacturer, working as a middleman, and dealing with my endless questions and requests.

http://imgur.com/a/pOa6F

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
Re: Mira update
« Reply #2273 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 17:03:47 »
PCB’s will be Leeku’s but Gon has a NERD that will fit. Yuk Tsi has also designed a board that will fit and I believe winkeyless also has one. At this time I will only offer Leeku’s and it will be included in the kit price
The boards will be in a custom box and are shown in the link provided for colors. The colors shown demonstrate how hard it is to get accurate colors from a picture. Most of you know what the cyan looks like on the LZ-S and the picture is terrible. The grey show is by the manufacturer and all three appear different and the blue does too. I will ask for the darker grey and the blue is close to the LZ cyan but is not an exact match. I will try to obtain better pictures from the manufacturer. The other colors are self-explanatory.
I will attempt to provide stabilizer sets if I can source them cheaply – if anyone has a good source please PM me
There will be a custom keycap included made by the manufacturer; I can’t afford an artesian to be included
Pricing should be between $400 - $425 but will vary depending on the options chosen by each of you.
The shipping from China to me or proxies will be divided evenly among all in order to be most equitable and will be included in the shipping price directly to your home.
Due to circumstances beyond my control the price of the boards will not have the $40 deposit deducted from your bill.  I think most GH members in the GB know why. If you want to complain or need an explanation, please confine it to PM’s to me.
I will probably run the GB for two weeks, it will be open to all. This will occur during the Chinese New Year celebration which will cause a delay. I anticipate 12 – 16 weeks after order for shipping to begin.
Before I forget let me include thanks to zzyjayfree for helping me find a manufacturer, working as a middleman, and dealing with my endless questions and requests.

The premium seems to be quite worth it, the board is beautiful and it's always a large bonus to have a dedicated GB runner. Sad I didn't happen to see this to get into the first 57 but I'm more interested in the max order count. I feel like I read that it won't simply be a fill out the order form and you get one type thing? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Edit: I swear I read the whole post but now I see:

"I will probably run the GB for two weeks, it will be open to all. This will occur during the Chinese New Year celebration which will cause a delay. I anticipate 12 – 16 weeks after order for shipping to begin."

Awesome, thanks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 17:07:25 by Mr_BeastQuake »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2274 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 17:12:01 »
Piiiink!  Yus!  Thank you!   Is it going to be a bright pink/magenta or a muted pink?
Some of the other colors could be interesting.  Which was that grayish blue in the earlier samples you've shown us of the prototypes?  Is that the "blue"?
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 23:29:52 by Photoelectric »

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #2275 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 17:39:49 »
Looks awesome!!   Now to decide on colors and options!!! 

Offline poolside

« Reply #2276 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 17:52:34 »

Great news, thanks for opening the GB to everyone. :)
The Mira has been at the top of my dream boards list ever since I discovered this thread (too late) a few months ago. The slant and the backside chamfer, the waves on the sides, the original CNC weight and O'Mira engraving above the arrow cluster. Everything is there. The diffuser adds a really nice touch as well. And it even comes in a neat branded box. As a distant bystander, I am very happy I will be able to pick up one of these beauties.
Fantastic work, Ninjadoc! :thumb:

How tall will the front lip of the keyboard be?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2277 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:30:38 »
So just to confirm, [this blue-grey](http://i.imgur.com/YBJkXhl.jpg) from the prototype pictures won't be available? Or is it going to be the grey you mentioned? I thought the blue-grey was really incredible  :D

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #2278 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 22:41:30 »
What's up guys. Mira is coming for real soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Weltschmerz

« Reply #2279 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 23:19:01 »
Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but this is going to be MX only, correct? (Sorry if this has been answered multiple times, really don't want to go through 46 pages to find out)

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #2280 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 00:24:03 »

hehe... :thumb:

Does the Mira only has WKL version?

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #2281 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 09:56:02 »
Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but this is going to be MX only, correct? (Sorry if this has been answered multiple times, really don't want to go through 46 pages to find out)

Some time ago ninjadoc wrote me in a pm that an Alps plate can be made.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #2282 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 12:46:40 »
Damn was really hoping for a orange color similar to the color of SA carbon. Still in for this just hope the grey is a very dark gray.

Offline zzyjayfree

[IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (Searching for New Resources)
« Reply #2283 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 16:09:04 »

NinjaDoc sent me both WK and WKL files. So I assume he's going to offer both options.

OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #2284 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 00:37:14 »

NinjaDoc sent me both WK and WKL files. So I assume he's going to offer both options.

Thanks for letting me know! Will go with WK version  :thumb:

Offline Weltschmerz

« Reply #2285 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 01:24:43 »
[/quote]

I'll have to buy it then. Don't really care if it's like the Orion V2 where you have to buy the mx stuff too, totally worth having a TKL alps board in a standard layout.

Offline flopix

• Laur
« Reply #2286 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 08:34:35 »
Silly question: Is the GB open yet? On one hand I'm reading 1st week of Jan, on the other "pending supplier ..."

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2287 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 08:49:48 »
Silly question: Is the GB open yet? On one hand I'm reading 1st week of Jan, on the other "pending supplier ..."

Not open yet.  This is the most recent update:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70149.msg2336353#msg2336353

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #2288 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 09:45:05 »
Glad to hear that this GB will open for everyone. Only won 1/5 recent raffles and it's killing me.

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #2289 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 16:03:04 »
Killin' me! Just put in for two of those RAMA M65-As, and here this opens back up soon... and it's gorgeous. Such a perfect board to drop SA NASA on to if we get that set off the ground.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2290 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 18:33:19 »

Duck offered 2 TKL keyboards that support Alps: Kingsaver and Orion.  I've no idea/haven't checked if their plates would fit in place of the PCB offered in this GB, and you'd need a compatible plate.  If you're set on having Alps in an aluminum case and TKL layout, you might want to look for one of those keyboards. 

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #2291 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 21:13:58 »
Is zeal still offering gold stabs for people in the original 57?
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2293 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 10:39:00 »
Killin' me! Just put in for two of those RAMA M65-As, and here this opens back up soon... and it's gorgeous. Such a perfect board to drop SA NASA on to if we get that set off the ground.
Not only that, but then surprise SA Penumbra & SA Hyperfuse.... I can't even see the charred remains of my wallet at this point.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #2294 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:41:18 »
Not only that, but then surprise SA Penumbra & SA Hyperfuse.... I can't even see the charred remains of my wallet at this point.

The crater where my wallet lies will soon pale in comparison to the crater that will be my final resting place. I'm buying this **** with a major dental bill and my wife's surgery looming on the very near horizon.

It isn't that we can't afford this silliness atop those bills, it's that she has roundly categorized this as one of my sillier hobbies. Even though one of those M-65a's is hers.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #2295 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:43:09 »
Just to confirm, this cannot be assembled without the diffuser right?

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2296 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 13:10:36 »
Just to confirm, this cannot be assembled without the diffuser right?
Correct, limitz stated so earlier in the thread:

The acrylic spacer/diffuser is a nice and unexpected touch.

Yes, this one is my design.

Unlike most designs with acrylic spacers that have the spacer sandwiched; the Mira top/bottom mating is grooved like the 356mini (keyingtogether). The acrylic diffuser is made to support the mating, and is therefore integral to the keyboard.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline CMYK

« Reply #2297 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 13:31:44 »

I'll have to buy it then. Don't really care if it's like the Orion V2 where you have to buy the mx stuff too, totally worth having a TKL alps board in a standard layout.
[/quote]

If there were an Alps plate, what PCB would people use?  I'm not aware of a TKL Alps pcb that is readily available.

Offline Sylanthra

« Reply #2298 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 19:15:09 »
Do any of the PCBs that work with Mira support LEDs in the north position. As far as I know only Winkeyles B.87 R X2 PCB has LEDs in the north position.

Offline tuba section

« Reply #2299 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 10:26:54 »
I also wonder about the pink. Is it a hot pink like kin's boards or a more muted pink like the Jane (and by the looks of it the Mech27)?