Author Topic: Noob from the North  (Read 1160 times)

Offline HID45

Noob from the North
« on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 15:42:47 »
Hello from Finland.

Just to say hi. I'm new to all this mechanical keyboard scene. I've wanted one for a long time, but could'nt justify the price. Then one local vendor did a clearance for Ducky Shine 1's with black switches and purple leds so I pulled the trigger. Been liking it, but I propably would have gone for reds if I could have chosen. Ones with blacks were like 50-70 euros cheaper so I went with those (yes, I am cheap when it comes to keyboards and yes, I know I might regret it later).

My keyboard history has seen LOTS of cheap brandless boards and some entry-level Logitechs. I've learned from experience that there are two things that are especially fatal for keyboards; pet rabbits and playing Trackmania games while being drunk. I have lost several boards to both.

I have done some soldering and dremeling, as I have some experience in flashlight modding. But I'm not very good at those. If you mess up a flashlight controller, you're looking at a loss of 5-ish dollars. But "whoops" a Ducky and it't minimum of 100 bucks down the drain. So my modding will most likely limit to keycap swapping. My dream board would be something in the lines of 100% ISO Nordic layout, red switches for letters and arrows, blues for numpad, blacks for everything else. And leds of course.

So to conclude, I'm not a keyboard fanatic (this text, for example is written without one, on Samsung Galaxy Tab), but maybe I will be some day. What comes to preferences I'm pro ISO (come on... That tiny ANSI-enter is just useless), numpad, backlighting, clearance items and small scale modding.

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
Re: Noob from the North
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 15:49:57 »
Welcome to GH :D

Offline whiskerBox

Noob from the North
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 15:57:17 »
Yo
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 05:02:02 »
welcome. I love the games for mobile devices made in finland by the way.
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline glasspalace

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 11:43:06 »
Hello fellow Finn! welcome to the forums.