Author Topic: A fellow clicky keyboard enthusiast  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Shoka

A fellow clicky keyboard enthusiast
« on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 16:18:33 »
Greetings,

Thought I'd register at this place after finding quite a few interesting posts on this place. That, and I'm getting to the point where rolling eyes and shaking heads commences when "he starts going on about keyboards, again". So where better to go than a forum for like minded input device people!

My 'thing' with clicky keyboards began with a complete chance location of an IBM Model M, early one with the removable lead and two-piece keycaps being thrown out, along with a PS/2 Model 30 286. So I figured I'd have those! I'd heard of the Model M before that but hadn't really done much else about it. At the time I was using a Microsoft split, which is a nice keyboard, or was, but unfortunately since using the Model M, it feels rather like you're typing through a dishcloth.

Anyway it expanded from there. I've got two of the old 80s Model Ms, two Dell AT102Ws (I did have three of these but sent one to a friend of mine), an IBM M4-1, which I know isn't clicky, but is, I understand anyway, pretty rare. Particularly in ISO layout with British keycaps. And then my latest acquisition, only got it today, an IBM M2, in very good condition indeed, and thankfully without the capacitor problem, at least at the moment!

Apologies for going on a bit!

I reckon I'll enjoy this place. :)

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
Re: A fellow clicky keyboard enthusiast
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 20:29:43 »
I prefer clacks to clicks.

Welcome. :)