Author Topic: 27" Monitor with Webcam?  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Malphas

27" Monitor with Webcam?
« on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 20:36:03 »
Anyone know any examples of these? I was considering the Dell UltraSharp UZ2715H, but apparently the screen is pretty mediocre. Integrated speakers would be good too, but not essential - I have a feeling I'd disable them and get dedicated speakers anyway. I can live with a mediocre webcam though, which obviously is the standard you'd expect for one integrated with a monitor.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Re: 27" Monitor with Webcam?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 23:39:51 »
Just wondering what you plan to do with these, and why you are against getting separate components.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 00:08:27 »
apple thunderbolt / cinema display 27" has speakers and a webcam.

I use both on my 24".

Offline Malphas

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 05:21:12 »
Just wondering what you plan to do with these, and why you are against getting separate components.

I'm just sick of having a cluttered mess of separate components, and cable spaghetti.

I use both on my 24".

Ah yeah, I forgot that existed. That might be the way to go.

Offline Altis

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 12:47:25 »

I'm just sick of having a cluttered mess of separate components, and cable spaghetti.

I use both on my 24".

Ah yeah, I forgot that existed. That might be the way to go.

Are you using an Apple computer? I don't think they work with PC.

Could just get a Dell U2713HM for a couple hundred less and buy a separate webcam, if that suits you. Would cost less and offer a matte screen with multiple inputs, and still 1440p. Just another option.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Malphas

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 15:45:11 »
Nah, that's not remotely what I'm after. Price isn't a factor, and I don't want 2560x1440, either; it's a messy resolution. I would get a a 4k monitor ideally, but I don't feel they're really mature enough to consider yet.

I have a PC, not a Mac, but as far as I've always been aware the displays will work with anything.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 17:39:16 »
Are you using an Apple computer? I don't think they work with PC.

Could just get a Dell U2713HM for a couple hundred less and buy a separate webcam, if that suits you. Would cost less and offer a matte screen with multiple inputs, and still 1440p. Just another option.

Heck no I hate apple's OS. I'm using mine on W7 with no issues. The webcam (isight) shows up in device manager with an exclamation mark but works great in google hangouts and skype. The webcam, audio and usb ports all work great when the USB is plugged into a port. Obviously the Tbolt version req's a tbolt port for the stuff to work but it comes with a gige port on the back so maybe it's worth.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 18:35:15 »
If you're gonna buy ghetto monitors..  go with the $300 40" 1080p.. 

and webcam ?  are you even not- ugly ?

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 19:41:25 »
Webcams. LOL
Well I guess anything is better than a laptop cam.

I'd aim the damn thing on a fish tank, or back in the day, the boardwalk when I lived at the beach.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Malphas

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 15:48:50 »
I'm genuinely considerably above average as far as physical attractiveness is concered, tp.