Author Topic: BTC 5339R-0 mini review  (Read 2199 times)

Offline 1839cc

BTC 5339R-0 mini review
« on: Fri, 18 December 2009, 00:49:34 »
I'm typing on a BTC 5339R-0 foam and foil keybard. I purchased it for $6 about a month ago. I have not tested it until now. So far all the keys seem t work although I'm not a huge fan of linear key action. I also do not like the placement of the 'macro' key as I keep pressing it instead of 'control'. However I will admit that these keys make a pleasant sound as they slide up and down.

I would expect longevity to be a problem if I were to use this keyboard regularity. The foam will degrade with both use and age resulting in poor key feel and response. Frankly I am surprised it is intact, considering the age of the keyboard.

N-key rollover! An unexpected treat. Finally a keyboard I can use to play Star Control 2 Super Melee in two player mode. this has always been a problem because player one's controls are nm,./ and player two's controls are 12345. It's actually not a bad arangement except for all the key blocking.

The 'macro' key, according to the only document I found that mentioned it, sends control+shift. I have not confirmed that.
i have seen unix admins with john deere trucker hats, and even seen a man in a nascar shirt correct a passerby's klingon.

Offline chimera15

BTC 5339R-0 mini review
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 December 2009, 11:15:11 »
Quote from: 1839cc;143410
I'm typing on a BTC 5339R-0 foam and foil keybard. I purchased it for $6 about a month ago. I have not tested it until now. So far all the keys seem t work although I'm not a huge fan of linear key action. I also do not like the placement of the 'macro' key as I keep pressing it instead of 'control'. However I will admit that these keys make a pleasant sound as they slide up and down.

I would expect longevity to be a problem if I were to use this keyboard regularity. The foam will degrade with both use and age resulting in poor key feel and response. Frankly I am surprised it is intact, considering the age of the keyboard.

N-key rollover! An unexpected treat. Finally a keyboard I can use to play Star Control 2 Super Melee in two player mode. this has always been a problem because player one's controls are nm,./ and player two's controls are 12345. It's actually not a bad arangement except for all the key blocking.

The 'macro' key, according to the only document I found that mentioned it, sends control+shift. I have not confirmed that.

Hmm, I'll have to look that one up, it's a mini?  Oh it's just a spacesaver?
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline 1839cc

BTC 5339R-0 mini review
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 December 2009, 11:23:30 »
It's not really a space saver even. It's the size of a Focus FK 2001.
i have seen unix admins with john deere trucker hats, and even seen a man in a nascar shirt correct a passerby's klingon.

Offline Mercen_505

BTC 5339R-0 mini review
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 December 2009, 14:10:26 »

Finally a keyboard I can use to play Star Control 2 Super Melee in two player mode.

respect++;