Author Topic: Kinesis Advantage - Center Number Pad [numpad] mod  (Read 3842 times)

Offline Keyboard search

Kinesis Advantage - Center Number Pad [numpad] mod
« on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 18:37:30 »
Kinesis Advantage keyboard
Kinesis numpad  (Yep, it has Cherry MX Browns to match the Advantage)

So very glad I did not destroy my Kinesis in the process.

I bought some X-Acto knife/saws, and basically just hacked away room for it.  

I'm very happy with it, but I would only recommend doing this if you are a MUDder.  Easiest way to walk in a MUD is with a number pad.  Only other use I can think of, is to make entering numbers (i.e. credit card number, phone number maybe, etc) easier.

I use my modded Kinesis Advantage (Black).  It has a Kinesis numpad between the halves.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 01:50:26 »
Heh heh FUN!

It is possible for a couple pics and/or a description of how you dealt with the mainboard?

Can I use a pic of it in the Gallery in my Split Kinesis mod wiki?
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline sordna

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 March 2012, 18:36:04 »
yup, pics needed, inside and out !
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard