Author Topic: [GB] Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit (Over)  (Read 106306 times)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: [GB] Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 20:46:32 »
Woo hoo!

Thanks for all your hard work Badwrench!!!
Hopefully the diligence pays off.  The support from you die-hards is what is making this happen. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline geniekid

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 08:29:17 »
We made it!

This is great news! Thanks for not giving up on Alps caps Badwrench. :thumb:

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 08:44:53 »
Thanks for all the hard work Badwrench! hopefully this will open the gates to more buys in the future!!

Offline catdogpaw

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 09:19:11 »
Woohoo!

I'm new here, so pardon if this is common knowledge. But assuming that all goes well, when should we expect the keys? I have an inconvenient trans-atlantic move scheduled for the fall and want to make sure I request for delivery to the right address.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 11:45:22 »
Woohoo!

I'm new here, so pardon if this is common knowledge. But assuming that all goes well, when should we expect the keys? I have an inconvenient trans-atlantic move scheduled for the fall and want to make sure I request for delivery to the right address.

Once all the invoices have been paid, I will place the order.  From there I am going with the 4-6 week lead of SP plus another week of sorting/packing from me.  I will be mailing them as I pack and will go in order of time ordered. 

No worries if you move during the wait, just keep me updated and I will make sure to change as needed. 

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 15:19:31 »
The age of Alps has finally come, my brethren. Congrats to all on being a part of keyboard history!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 00:34:25 »
PMs have gone out to all those that were pledged at the higher MOQs.  I am not going to close the buy until I finish all the invoicing which will take me several days since I need to figure out shipping for each order. 

Offline Applet

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 03:36:31 »
This is awesome! Thanks for the work you guys put into this, hopefully it will turn out great  ;D

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 19:25:26 »
Hello everyone, just a quick update.  I am currently waiting for the total shipping price on the caps from SP so that I can get the invoices together. 

Would people prefer to be invoiced with the shipping from me to you now or would it be better to do a second invoice with the exact shipping charges (maybe just international?)

Offline catdogpaw

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 19:51:16 »
Hello everyone, just a quick update.  I am currently waiting for the total shipping price on the caps from SP so that I can get the invoices together. 

Would people prefer to be invoiced with the shipping from me to you now or would it be better to do a second invoice with the exact shipping charges (maybe just international?)

Thanks for all the hard work, badwrench. This is my first group buy experience, so I'm gonna pass on opining on that one (either works for me). I'm excited to think about alphanumerics now - which vintage keys will look best with these modifiers?? Time to buy a few alps boards to examine alphanumeric options?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 20:14:32 »

I'm not really clear what you're asking here, but I think a single invoice would mean less money spent on PayPal fees, wouldn't it?

Thanks for all the hard work, badwrench. This is my first group buy experience, so I'm gonna pass on opining on that one (either works for me). I'm excited to think about alphanumerics now - which vintage keys will look best with these modifiers?? Time to buy a few alps boards to examine alphanumeric options?

AEK II caps in white. Dell AT101 caps in beige or black. That's the beauty of these teal modifiers. They go with everything! They are the blue jeans of keycaps.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 21:26:08 »

I'm not really clear what you're asking here, but I think a single invoice would mean less money spent on PayPal fees, wouldn't it?

AEK II caps in white. Dell AT101 caps in beige or black. That's the beauty of these teal modifiers. They go with everything! They are the blue jeans of keycaps.

Should be the same amount as it is just a percentage.  I think what I am going to do is invoice the Domestic orders with the shipping since it is a known amount and do 2 invoices for international so that I can get exact rates. 

Offline a-c

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 23:43:39 »
They tack on a $0.30 per transaction on top of the 2.9%. 3.9% for foreign currency.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 00:34:14 »
They tack on a $0.30 per transaction on top of the 2.9%. 3.9% for foreign currency.

That's fine by me.  I don't mind eating a couple $ to get my rates correct.  Worth my peace of mind.  Thanks for the heads up.   :thumb:

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 21:05:52 »
Ok everyone, I am closing the buy now.  We had a couple late additions, but not enough to get to the next tier.  Thank you everyone for the support on this.  I had hoped to have started the invoices already, but I have not had the time so far this week.  They will be going out soon, and we can finally get these things ordered. 

Offline Touch_It

Re: [GB] Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit (GB closed - Invoicing)
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 22:36:58 »
Excited :).  Fwiw I believe Matias  has listed ABS Keycap sets + stab set son their website.  I believe the stab inserts will be needed if you plan on using this with a board like the Dell at101w. I still plan to wing it, but I will post what I did when my board is finished

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 02:15:13 »
Invoice paid. It's really happening! Woohoo!

Offline Pyrelink

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 21:13:01 »
Paid. So excited!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 21:25:02 »
All invoices have now been sent (and many already paid - Thank you!).  If you did not get one, please pm me asap, thanks.

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 21:26:21 »
Invoice paid!

OMG alps!
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 22:49:08 »
All invoices have now been sent (and many already paid - Thank you!).  If you did not get one, please pm me asap, thanks.

Thanks for your hard work!  I paid up.   :cool:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: [GB] Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit (Invoiced - collecting $$)
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 23:24:55 »
Modifiers and legends paid for.

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 04:00:24 »
All paid up. Looking forward to the end result!

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 04:23:46 »
Invoice paid! can't wait to see how these turn out

Offline Fullcream

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 05:03:35 »
Paid.
I really wasn't going to go ahead with this one but njbair made me do it.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 10:53:31 »
Paid.
Glad to have you aboard. 

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 14:22:40 »
Just got the invoice. I'll be paying on Tuesday or Wednesday when my paycheck comes in. :thumb:
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 14:46:17 »
Paid! Thank you for making history with the first ALPS compatible Keycap Groupbuy! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 19:52:53 »

Some may call it hype, but I meant every word. And I'm positive you will not regret it.

The future of Alps keycap options is a little brighter thanks to you and everyone else who pitched in. That's the really great thing about getting in on the ground floor. I believe there will be many more successful Alps keycap buys to come in the months and years ahead, but there will never be another first successful Alps keycap group buy. You and I and everyone else here will always be able to look at these teal beauties and remember how we made this happen.

Badwrench, our fearless leader, you will be seeing "post your Alps" threads for years to come, and know that your perseverance made our shared success possible.

Thanks, also, to jdcarpe and nubbinator for contributing designs and funding for the custom legends. You guys made sure this keyset will stand unique well before someone pulls a keycap and inspects the stem and switch underneath.

And finally, thanks to everyone who helped promote the buy by sharing links on other sites, or helped keep the thread alive with your comments. Your efforts to spread awareness helped push this buy over the tipping point and beyond, even onward to a further price break at 50 units!

I hope everyone here appreciates the wonderful sense of community and cooperation manifested by this group buy (even more so than most). In a way, I'm sad it's almost over, because I love that sense of anticipation and I really enjoyed being a part of this thing. I mean it when I say that every time I look at these modifier keys I'm going to think back to this group buy and smile.

My boards:
More

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 02:12:53 »
Paid! :D
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:05:28 »

ditto.............paid

have been out for awhile :-\

thank you :thumb:
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:39:49 »
Getting closer!  Still 21 unpaid invoices (of 57 orders).  Lets keep them coming in so I can get this thing ordered. 

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 02:19:14 »
Sorry for the delay!  Haven't been around much lately. :(  Paid right meow!
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:26:16 »
Thank you for the reminder. I thought I had paid this already, but clearly I had not. It is now.  :thumb:

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:49:45 »
I have not paid.  Honestly been to busy and forgot.  Payday is tomorrow, and I should be able to this weekend

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 18:02:47 »

ditto.............paid

have been out for awhile :-\

thank you :thumb:
WELCOME BACK FRIEND

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 20:02:09 »
It's all good guys.  I know payday is coming, so hopefully that will finish us off so I can get it ordered. 

Edit: I just sent out reminders.  Once again, if you aren't seeing an invoice, let me know so I can get it to you.  Also, to those that stated above (Touch_It), I didn't read that until after I sent the round of reminders - no rush buddy  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2015, 21:55:42 by Badwrench »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #187 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 00:11:32 »
Hey everyone, a quick update.  We are down to 11 unpaid orders.  We had a couple people cancel, but they will not hurt the MOQ (especially since I am going to try to get them myself and sell them in the classifieds later for those that missed this - depending on my funds when all payments are in). 

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 00:15:48 »
Yeah, so no excuses I haven't payed yet.  Right now I am 200 % drunk.  I will pay this weekend.  I said that last weekend, but stuff came up last week :(

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 23:05:17 »
Ok, we are now down to 7 outstanding payments.  I have sent out pms (and an email since their username that they submitted was not found). 

I would like to get this thing ordered, so hit me up with a pm or email so we can figure out what we need to do, thanks.

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:40:32 »
If there are people dropping out and still spots available, I'd love to get in on this group buy for both the infinity and optional mod kit.  :D. I'm kinda upset I'm just learning about this now haha.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:21:56 »
If there are people dropping out and still spots available, I'd love to get in on this group buy for both the infinity and optional mod kit.  :D. I'm kinda upset I'm just learning about this now haha.

PM incoming  :thumb:

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:27:30 »
woop! I just pre-ordered my v80-MTS to put these on!
Let the stabilizer-compatibility-induced headaches commence!

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #193 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 23:57:53 »
I'm also interested in taking a spot if someone drops out. I would like the Infinity kit with the optional modifiers if it's available.  ;D

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 01:02:21 »
Ok everyone, we are down to 3 unpaid invoices.  I will be sending out a reminder to 2 of them tomorrow and giving them to the end of the weekend to pay (one of them should be paying tomorrow). 

I plan on placing the order early next week  :thumb:

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 12:09:06 »
How much to buy the spot of one of those unpaid invoices?

Offline zenless

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 12:20:32 »
Ok everyone, we are down to 3 unpaid invoices.  I will be sending out a reminder to 2 of them tomorrow and giving them to the end of the weekend to pay (one of them should be paying tomorrow). 

I'd like to get in line for an unpaid set if possible. Thanks!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 17:51:24 »

I'd like to get in line for an unpaid set if possible. Thanks!

PM sent  :thumb:

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 18:42:12 »
I can get any of the remaining spots, too.
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 21:08:27 »
Is it too late to hop on the GB now? =)) HAHAH.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.