Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 383308 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1750 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 18:30:34 »
Minor Mr.Robot inaccuracy,

ha(krz wouldn't use 3.2.1, they'd use 2.2.1 or 1.6.3

also, would they download such low bitrate torrents?  xvid? yify? dvdrip?

296880-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1751 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 19:05:17 »
also why does the trans character white rose speak such bad chinese?

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1752 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 19:19:13 »
Poker Face, with Russel Crowe. Liked it, had a nice time watching.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1753 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 21:11:40 »
feel like they missed alot of opportunities to shill for gaming gear in mr.robot

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1755 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 23:25:16 »
Ok seriously in mr robot, did they hire a bunch of random asian people ? how come not a single one actually speaks chinese? lololol

Offline phinix

« Reply #1756 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 02:23:25 »
Poker Face, with Russel Crowe. Liked it, had a nice time watching.

(Attachment Link)

so it's not about poker i take it?

Yes, its not :)
Poker game is just a small activity that all characters are coneccted with, there is also one short game shown.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1757 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 15:38:14 »
wow, they really put in the effort on the Rocky 4k disc.

amazing scan.

296951-0
296954-1
296949-2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1758 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 17:21:07 »
rewatching this, wow it's alot slower movie than i remember.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1759 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 01:41:50 »
rewatching station 11, yikes this is hard to go through, it's like reliving the early days of covid. /trauma

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1760 on: Wed, 01 March 2023, 15:33:29 »
Trek Picard Season 3,  ah... hrrm... IDK.. not the trek formula, more like a very long Trek Movie, it's acceptable, buh, i'm not liking this low level squabbling in the plot.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1761 on: Wed, 01 March 2023, 16:56:14 »

Picard Season 3

I don't plan to watch it. The 1st season was barely watchable, but it did have a trajectory .... a sloppy and goofy one.

Season 2 seemed to me as if they took what would have been a single excellent episode and bloated it with meaningless crap to stretch it out to a ridiculous length.

Let me say again that what I like least is fighting (whether in space with phasers or on the ground with swords and fists - it's just plain boring) and endless examination of the inner minds of the characters. Concentrate on the big concepts!

And also, Picard was always one of my least favorite captains. Hey, let's make him a Borg! Hey, let's make him a robot! ugh

Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #1762 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 09:01:08 »
Went into Wednesday thinking it was just going to be good old Addams Family funnies, turns out it's a lot more than that. Pretty hooked tbh =o .

couldn't get hooked myself.  how far are you guys watching into it before hooked.

Pretty quick, maybe ep 2 or so.

Went into Wednesday thinking it was just going to be good old Addams Family funnies, turns out it's a lot more than that. Pretty hooked tbh =o .

Bro, I SO hope they keep it a detective show for season 2. It's been so popular the budget is going to about quintuple for the pick up. The entire hook that kept me interested is the detective aspect of the show.

Also Jenna Ortega is devastatingly hot. God ****ing damn she is so hot. I'll still watch it for her, I guess.
Haha I don't even watch it for the chicks obviously but I can see why you'd say that xD . I agree though, the detective format really works here.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1763 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 09:05:09 »
Finally started watching season 2 of The Bad Batch since there are enough episodes up on my server to warrant watching at my pace - Star Wars animated series are becoming some of my favorite to watch now.  Also I will have to hold off on the New Mandalorian season since only the 1st episode was launched yesterday. 

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline CyCo

« Reply #1764 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 23:24:42 »
any good scifi lately guyz ?

that dark matter show turned into to kind of a let down..

100% see For All Mankind. Frickin amazing show about the space race.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1765 on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 08:32:07 »
I will have to hold off on the New Mandalorian season since only the 1st episode was launched yesterday.
You will have better pay-off if you watch episodes 1 and 2 after one-another.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1766 on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 16:42:47 »
Just watched that Marvel's Wat If.
It was a fun series, although I wish they went even crazier with the plotlines they choose from the comics. It's too bad they only have the licenses for like 1/3 of the comics, they had to change and adapt quite a lot to make it fit MCU.
Really loved Benecio Del Toro's Collector voice. Man, what an accent. Super cool the animated show got all the real-life counterparts to do the voice overs.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1767 on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 18:17:37 »
endgame 2050, well made documentary drama. this is it' folks, we're gon' die, coming soon.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1768 on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 19:01:16 »
endgame 2050, well made documentary drama. this is it' folks, we're gon' die, coming soon.

hopefully I can own a vehicle, and get laid at least one more time before then

Offline phinix

« Reply #1769 on: Sun, 12 March 2023, 18:27:54 »
Luther. Pretty good, I really like Idris. Now I think I may look into old series of that franchise, might be interesting - did anyone watch it?

297334-0

Offline iri

« Reply #1770 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 17:07:29 »
I did, got bored eventually. Wasn't my cuppa.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1771 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 17:36:42 »
Currently im watching The Last of Us show! As a fan of The Last of Us video game series, I was both excited and apprehensive when I heard that it was being adapted into a television show. I wasn't sure if the show could capture the same emotional intensity and immersive world-building that made the games so beloved. But after watching the first season of the show on a https://soap2day-online.com/, I can confidently say that it exceeded all my expectations.

One of the things that the show does really well is capturing the complex and nuanced relationships between the characters. The dynamic between Joel and Ellie is at the heart of the show, and the actors portraying them (Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey, respectively) do an incredible job of bringing their characters to life. The show also introduces new characters and storylines that add depth and complexity to the world of The Last of Us.

Another aspect of the show that I appreciate is the attention to detail in the world-building. From the infected creatures to the various factions vying for power in the post-apocalyptic world, the show does an excellent job of bringing the world of The Last of Us to life. The production design, cinematography, and sound design are all top-notch, creating a gritty and immersive atmosphere that draws you in and doesn't let go.

Overall, I think The Last of Us show is an excellent adaptation of the video game series, and I'm excited to see where the story goes in future seasons. It's clear that the showrunners and creative team behind the series are fans of the games themselves, and they've done an incredible job of translating the games' themes and characters to the small screen. If you're a fan of The Last of Us, or just a fan of great storytelling and world-building, I highly recommend checking out the show.

If soap2day shuts down ill fall to my knees crying

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1772 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 18:26:06 »
Currently im watching The Last of Us show! As a fan of The Last of Us video game series, I was both excited and apprehensive when I heard that it was being adapted into a television show. I wasn't sure if the show could capture the same emotional intensity and immersive world-building that made the games so beloved. But after watching the first season of the show on a https://soap2day-online.com/, I can confidently say that it exceeded all my expectations.

One of the things that the show does really well is capturing the complex and nuanced relationships between the characters. The dynamic between Joel and Ellie is at the heart of the show, and the actors portraying them (Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey, respectively) do an incredible job of bringing their characters to life. The show also introduces new characters and storylines that add depth and complexity to the world of The Last of Us.

Another aspect of the show that I appreciate is the attention to detail in the world-building. From the infected creatures to the various factions vying for power in the post-apocalyptic world, the show does an excellent job of bringing the world of The Last of Us to life. The production design, cinematography, and sound design are all top-notch, creating a gritty and immersive atmosphere that draws you in and doesn't let go.

Overall, I think The Last of Us show is an excellent adaptation of the video game series, and I'm excited to see where the story goes in future seasons. It's clear that the showrunners and creative team behind the series are fans of the games themselves, and they've done an incredible job of translating the games' themes and characters to the small screen. If you're a fan of The Last of Us, or just a fan of great storytelling and world-building, I highly recommend checking out the show.

Just started watching it last night, 3 episodes deep now. It's only OK to my tastes. It's weirdly kind of slow for me, and the entire vibe just leaves me feeling fatigued after watching. I suppose in that respect it's much like the game. The set pieces are amazing, or should I say, the special effects. Really captured the look of the game very well. The writing is not particularly engaging, intelligent, or witty as I've come to expect from HBO shows, but it gets the job done for the material presented. The game was never about amazing dialogue anyway.
There's no way Pedro Pascal can pass for 35 in that first episode though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1773 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 00:36:16 »
googlered shows like trailer park boys,  they is recommended "housos"

it doesn't seem very realistic.

very messy show, a bit over- acted.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1774 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 03:57:46 »

Just started watching it last night, 3 episodes deep now. It's only OK to my tastes. It's weirdly kind of slow for me, and the entire vibe just leaves me feeling fatigued after watching. I suppose in that respect it's much like the game. The set pieces are amazing, or should I say, the special effects. Really captured the look of the game very well. The writing is not particularly engaging, intelligent, or witty as I've come to expect from HBO shows, but it gets the job done for the material presented. The game was never about amazing dialogue anyway.
There's no way Pedro Pascal can pass for 35 in that first episode though.

I finished it last night. Never played the game, only saw some videos on youtube (I only play on PC).
I liked the whole vibe of the series, but yes, it was kinda slow pased, I thought it copied form the game?
Not terribly slow like TWD though. Scenery and acting was great, especially Pascal (girl was anoying).
Will there be second season? I dont know how the game ends (please dont tell me, I'm going to play it 31st March, when PC version comes out :)).

Offline iri

« Reply #1775 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 08:59:13 »
What is TWD?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #1776 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 09:19:28 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1777 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 12:53:21 »
watching, people just do nothing.

it's english, but am missing so many words.  much more watchable than housos though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1778 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 19:00:12 »
The Core, easily 1 of the top 10 sci-fi films of all time, just came out on UHD,

Looks Awesome,  Honestly, in the future, Film is going to look more high def than all the digital we're doing these days, because of the textures. 2K res composites just can't compare.

4k film-scans in motion honestly look like 8K because of temporal resolution.

297531-0
297529-1

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #1779 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 03:55:36 »
The Core, easily 1 of the top 10 sci-fi films of all time,

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I'd never even heard on it, so I looked it up on wiki, the page on it is REALLY not flattering xD .

My favourite one imght be "In a poll of hundreds of scientists about bad science fiction films, The Core was voted the worst." xD

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1780 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 04:24:51 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I'd never even heard on it, so I looked it up on wiki, the page on it is REALLY not flattering xD .

My favourite one imght be "In a poll of hundreds of scientists about bad science fiction films, The Core was voted the worst." xD

Scientists LIE,  this movie is a cool movie when not taken too seriously.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1781 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 04:40:03 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Scientists LIE,  this movie is a cool movie when not taken too seriously.

All those cool disaster/end of the world movies from 90s are super cool.
When watched back then, we were looking at it like it could totally happen. Nowadays, when we grew up, all those stories are funny but not possible :)
I love those movies, I have a separate folder with all those.
The Core, Twister, Armageddon, Day after tomorrow, Deap Impact, Daylight, Dante's Peak, 2012, Volcano, Contagion, Chain Reaction, Missions to Mars, Event Horison...

TP, what else would you add to this group?
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 March 2023, 04:42:47 by phinix »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1782 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 08:33:44 »
To be honest, a lot may depend on my mood when I watch those movies. The difference between "totally stupid but enjoyable to watch" and "too stupid to be enjoyable to watch" is probably a thin and blurred line.

From your list, I did actually enjoy Twister, Deep Impact, and Contagion. I haven't seen all the others, but the ones I did mostly produced groans, although almost all movies like that have a few impressive and memorable scenes depicting the disasters themselves.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1783 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 11:00:42 »
All those cool disaster/end of the world movies from 90s are super cool.
When watched back then, we were looking at it like it could totally happen. Nowadays, when we grew up, all those stories are funny but not possible :)
I love those movies, I have a separate folder with all those.
The Core, Twister, Armageddon, Day after tomorrow, Deap Impact, Daylight, Dante's Peak, 2012, Volcano, Contagion, Chain Reaction, Missions to Mars, Event Horison...

TP, what else would you add to this group?

Reign of Fire
Knowing
Battlefield Earth
Evolution

the thing is most if not all disaster movies would work, the specialty here one supposes is that the Critics missed the mark, when they're clearly very watchable films.

for example the recent, Moonfall,   how could you NOT be entertained...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1784 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 15:26:48 »
ya no wha..  People just do Nothing,  it's really good background show. cuz half the time, i don't know what they're saying, so it's just like a very calming white noise,  and they got some random beats spliced in there, for a little texture/ up down.  very chill. you don't have to pay attention, atmosphere it's like a hangout, yea, you knoh woh i mean, yea, .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1785 on: Tue, 21 March 2023, 22:44:32 »
(hildren of the corn 2020,  idk.. it's just not very smart,  such a bad solution soil problems, i don't think it was remotely plausible.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1786 on: Tue, 21 March 2023, 23:48:14 »
Breaking Boundaries, The science of our planet (2021).

Great documentary on the planetary boundaries/ tipping points of earth ecology. Some of which we are already well beyond.

We prolly gon' die soonish gekhrs.

297622-0

Offline phinix

« Reply #1787 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 05:15:08 »
Re-watching Fargo.
One of my favourite tv series of all time, 10/10. Finished Season 1, best one, now started second.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1788 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 05:22:10 »
Re-watching Fargo.
One of my favourite tv series of all time, 10/10. Finished Season 1, best one, now started second.

(Attachment Link)

All the seasons were pretty good, except for season 4 which had literally nothing to do with Fargo. No money, no story links, didn't even take place in the same damn state or town namesake.
s04 is when I stopped watching, it was like a totally unrelated show.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1789 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 08:17:01 »
Re-watching Fargo.

(Attachment Link)

All the seasons were pretty good, except for season 4 which had literally nothing to do with Fargo. No money, no story links, didn't even take place in the same damn state or town namesake.
s04 is when I stopped watching, it was like a totally unrelated show.

Oh yes! I never watched S4. Fargo Season 4 is crap, I only watched first 20 minutes of first episode and turned it off. I saw Chris Rock and said - oh no, not this clown!
Done.
Original movie and first 3 seasons are good. After that it was dead to me.
Waiting for S5, hopefully they will bring back its unique character.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 March 2023, 08:19:41 by phinix »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1791 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 14:58:58 »

Offline phinix

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1794 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 22:41:43 »
The new transfers for Trek 7,8,9,10 look great.   

I mean, as expected since they're pretty fresh. but it looks LOAAADs better than the old blurays. Full grain full glory.

297662-0
297664-1

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1797 on: Sat, 25 March 2023, 18:28:06 »
Watched Gremlins last night.
I forgot how violent it was, like the scene where the mom is just brutally murdering Gremlins in the kitchen by dismembering and blowing them up. Ah, the '80s.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1799 on: Tue, 28 March 2023, 23:27:44 »
Champions (2023),    kind of a risky movie,  Special needs basketball team.

but overall, it was tastefully done enough to be heart-warming.