Author Topic: Happy New Year GH. What is your 2016 Keyboard Goal?  (Read 22398 times)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Happy New Year GH. What is your 2016 Keyboard Goal?
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:45:35 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:03 by alienman82 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:46:34 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:00 by alienman82 »

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:53:16 »
Rowdy is a brother that's fighting along with me the good ol topre fight. We won't rest until all these cherry plebs (and all the other ****ty switches too) own and love the hhkb or RF87. No novatouch **** here. Down with topre/mx sliders also.

What about the glorious Alps switches?  Also should i get a FC660 or a Realforce 104UB-DK(first version)? I need to try Topre.

55g or hhkb

Im leaning toward RF 55g more, i may have to buy both RF 55g and RF 104UB-DK so i can get the awesome keycaps it has

JIS HHKB is worth it?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:54:40 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:32:56 by alienman82 »

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 01:00:42 »
Rowdy is a brother that's fighting along with me the good ol topre fight. We won't rest until all these cherry plebs (and all the other ****ty switches too) own and love the hhkb or RF87. No novatouch **** here. Down with topre/mx sliders also.

What about the glorious Alps switches?  Also should i get a FC660 or a Realforce 104UB-DK(first version)? I need to try Topre.

55g or hhkb

Im leaning toward RF 55g more, i may have to buy both RF 55g and RF 104UB-DK so i can get the awesome keycaps it has

Show Image

JIS HHKB is worth it?

Those caps are sweet!  JIS seems too complex for me

Ill go with the RF 104UB-DK first then the RF 55g, i gotta have those caps. I need to find a proxy first though, it will cost $275 + $55 for shipping + however much the proxy fee is.

Theres this version also

IMO both look way better than the new version that Ducky just released.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 01:02:39 »
This year i hope i can get my first Korean Custom board (OTD,Duck or LZ are my dream):D
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 03:49:00 »
My highest priority goal of 2016 is actually to go around and flip everyone's flipped space bar back to normal.

Demik's bounty hunter!  @.@

My first impression on skimming this thread was that you were demik's bouncy hunter.

Then I wondered which bouncy part of demik you were hunting.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 03:59:11 »
I have no keyboard goals for 2016 and the reason is simple. Topre. At this point in time, since I own three RF 87Us and an HHKB, any other keyboard is just a waste of money.

I preface the above by saying 'at this point in time'. If Cherry were to come up with something other than their sand-filled crap switches, I'd be all over Cherry. I'm not a Topre fanboy. Just a fanboy of the best switch available today. Cherry isn't it.

damn... I feel that way about alps since I can't find many boards with sought-after switches that are new.

I'm sorry to say that I've not had the pleasure of trying Alps. I see a lot of guys speak very highly of them here. I'll eventually give them a try and would be happy to jump the Topre ship if I liked them better. I'm not a Cherry hater. I'm just frustrated that they've not really innovated anything in years. Cherry MX is like the Windows 95 of keyboard switches.

Have you ever customized Cherry switches? That's the beauty of it since there is several options in terms of linear or tactility, then there is even more options in terms of spring weights, and even though this doesn't apply to everybody but they offer very good backlighting. Cherry switches takes a lot more trying to find the perfect switch for yourself, new switches by themselves are horrible imo. Judging by your hate towards Cherry I can not help but think all you did was buy a ****ty mass produced keyboard and then hate it.

I've owned/used Das Ultimate in brown and blue, Filco TKL in both brown and blue, CM in red and brown, other crap in red. Basically, all I've experienced in Cherry is blue, brown and red.

My conclusion? Cherry MX sucks like a cheap wh1ore with a chipped tooth.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:01:04 by Macsmasher »

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:04:23 »
Yep I think I can't never leave topre switch.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:05:03 »
I have no keyboard goals for 2016 and the reason is simple. Topre. At this point in time, since I own three RF 87Us and an HHKB, any other keyboard is just a waste of money.

I preface the above by saying 'at this point in time'. If Cherry were to come up with something other than their sand-filled crap switches, I'd be all over Cherry. I'm not a Topre fanboy. Just a fanboy of the best switch available today. Cherry isn't it.

damn... I feel that way about alps since I can't find many boards with sought-after switches that are new.

I'm sorry to say that I've not had the pleasure of trying Alps. I see a lot of guys speak very highly of them here. I'll eventually give them a try and would be happy to jump the Topre ship if I liked them better. I'm not a Cherry hater. I'm just frustrated that they've not really innovated anything in years. Cherry MX is like the Windows 95 of keyboard switches.

Have you ever customized Cherry switches? That's the beauty of it since there is several options in terms of linear or tactility, then there is even more options in terms of spring weights, and even though this doesn't apply to everybody but they offer very good backlighting. Cherry switches takes a lot more trying to find the perfect switch for yourself, new switches by themselves are horrible imo. Judging by your hate towards Cherry I can not help but think all you did was buy a ****ty mass produced keyboard and then hate it.

I've owned/used Das Ultimate in brown and blue, Filco TKL in both brown and blue, CM in red and brown, other crap in red. Basically, all I've experienced in Cherry is blue, brown and red.

HHKB!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline lolpes

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:11:09 »
Well 7bit over at GH gave me a Hyper7 pcb for christmas and I so I made it my goal to get a space cadet keyboard until the end of the year :D

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:12:56 »

HHKB!

Agreed. I really enjoy my HHKB for typing. However, for coding I prefer my 87Us.

With that said, I'd rather work with a slab of granite and a chisel than type on a keyboard with Cherry switches.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:14:12 »

HHKB!

Agreed. I really enjoy my HHKB for typing. However, for coding I prefer my 87Us.

With that said, I'd rather work with a slab of granite and a chisel than type on a keyboard with Cherry switches.

Depends what environment you are coding in.  I enjoy using my HHKB  to code in vim on Linux.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:15:42 »
I'm making my own 1 off keyboard to get my damn layout, need to hire ppl who can do all the actual work for me (draw custom pcb, then make case, and I can hopefully figure out writing the firmware for it). I don't have the dedication to devote to learning how to make all that myself unfortunately
I love Elzy

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 10:10:37 »

So you typed on the three ****tiest switches that are new on some not so great keyboards, my thoughts exactly. Thank you for the response.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline hotrattz

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 10:12:10 »
Build my first board from scratch !

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:59:05 »

Sadly, youve had crap keyboards with the worst of the cherry switches in them. Can't really judge Cherry as a whole until you've had boards with all of their switches  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 14:03:04 »
CST87/CST104 keyboards are crap? Really?

Offline flacman

• I have oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 18:49:59 »
Topre Type Heaven or Unicomp Endura Pro.

My 55g 87U is just so stiff for long gaming sessions.
HHKB Pro 2 | Realforce 87U 55g | Realforce RGB | RAMA Kara

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 21:23:57 »
So...already made the goal for my g80-1800 happen. Still in China, but it's on the way! The best part is now I can sit back and just watch everything sell (or better idea, stay away from classifieds).

But 2017, year of the 356 or ANSI ErgoPlus! or maybe a Nixdorf Softkey...I can dream can't I? hue hue hue

My highest priority goal of 2016 is actually to go around and flip everyone's flipped space bar back to normal.

You are my favorite geekhacker of the week

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 23:15:56 »
So...already made the goal for my g80-1800 happen. Still in China, but it's on the way! The best part is now I can sit back and just watch everything sell (or better idea, stay away from classifieds).

But 2017, year of the 356 or ANSI ErgoPlus! or maybe a Nixdorf Softkey...I can dream can't I? hue hue hue

hhkb, and only hhkb

ftfy

No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 00:42:54 »

You are my favorite geekhacker of the week

Show Image

FITE ME!!!!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:23:53 »
My goal is to purchase a mill and make a custom case with integrated plates for at least the AT and possibly, Unsaver and F122s
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 07:50:49 »

FITE ME!!!!

1v1 leggo

hhkb, and only hhkb

ftfy

literally the worst

at least I keep my spacebar in the correct position

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 07:55:28 »
I'm hoping to find a 75% keyboard like metalliqaz's.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:27:25 »
Okay, I was previously aiming at some Topre models -
but since then I've found my dream keyboard (by Zidli, seen at CES 2016) and now ...
everything else doesn't matter. Like it never existed, even.

http://i.imgur.com/Q3J66Z9.jpg

Seriously, LOOK. AT. IT.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:53:29 »
Finish my first GB  :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:36:17 »
but since then I've found my dream keyboard (by Zidli, seen at CES 2016) and now ...

Seriously, LOOK. AT. IT.

I did.

Now my eyes are bleeding :eek:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 21:32:03 »

Seriously, LOOK. AT. IT.

I did.

Now my eyes are bleeding :eek:

I'm only interested if they do a Call of Duty version.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 21:34:50 »

Seriously, LOOK. AT. IT.
Don't spread the cancer please my eyes are bleeding rite now

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 21:41:25 »
i'm hoping to reach my end-game board this year. after using topre for over a month, while it's a lovely experience, i can safely say it isn't the switch for me. i'm going to find some more 45g domes to make it 45gt uniform (right now only the alphas are fully 45g), after which i'll sell it to probably fund a custom 60% with zealios, which should hopefully end it all. i'll still be browsing GH and all but at the moment i don't have the funds to fuel both my audio and keyboard addiction and i've decided that audio is more relevant to my interests and my wallet atm, so yeah.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 21:42:35 »
To build up the courage to sell my two MX boards. I'm finally going to accept that topre is the endgame.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 22:16:32 »

Seriously, LOOK. AT. IT.

Selling everything and buying that.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 23:27:54 »

Seriously, LOOK. AT. IT.

What is it?  Seriously.  What makes that keyboard so special?

Offline vatin

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:16:51 »
HPNY!  My keyboard goal is to not buy any keyboard.
OLKB Planck V6

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:25:26 »

Good luck with that! :p

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 01:53:21 »

Somehow I figured it's self-explanatory.

Basically, there's so much WTF details you can't really grasp it all at first glance - and then you end up taking a look again, and again, and again...
After a while, nothing else exists, and you just have to get it.

Offline axtran

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 07:03:48 »
I need to find a way to not spend so much money on keyboards in 2016... LOL /s

Nah, I need to decide on a color to resolder my RealForce LEDs to, build out a Blue ALPS 60% AEK, and then last finish up a few other board projects and prepare them for weekly rotation.
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 11:07:17 »

Basically, there's so much WTF details you can't really grasp it all at first glance - and then you end up taking a look again, and again, and again...

Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 11:18:13 »
My Realforce 87U should arrive this week which will be my first Topre board.  I've already ordered Muirium Damping rings for it!
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 16:35:56 »

So, buying that keyboard is kind of like buying this...

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 16:37:44 by Macsmasher »

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 17:23:04 »

Good luck with that! :p

My goal too.

It's not that bad because I'll just focus on modding existing keyboard instead of buying new ones.  :)

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:18:00 »

so you did get it.

k

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:46:35 »
@ jerue

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell if /s or not.

@ Macsmasher

LOL
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:40:57 by Burt Macklin »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:07:58 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:25:03 by alienman82 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:10:28 »
find a new pcb for this lightsaver
I love Elzy

Offline zslane

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:29:15 »
1. Get the Space Cadet keycaps from Round 5a onto my Varmilo 108.
2. Play with other Round 5a colorway combos on my Filco Majestouch-2 boards.
3. Get SA Dasher & Dancer out into the world.

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:49:01 »
To build my first keyboard. Got all of the parts, and soldering iron/tools are on the way soon. Hoping it goes smoothly!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:50:51 »
2015 was a big collecting year for me, I want to make 2016 more about enjoying the boards that I have now that my collection has stabilized. Probably work on a side project and learn a new programming language as a good excuse for doing more desk work at home.

And more IRC and PM's to people. I've talked with a lot of great people here over the past two years. Who wants to be friends? :)
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150