Author Topic: [GB] GMK Dots 2  (Read 49106 times)

Offline DukeEsquire

Re: [GB] GMK Dots 2
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 10:33:05 »
+1 nice work on picking up so many extras, should curb the flippers and make it easier for newer people coming into the hobby to be able to get it.

uhhh...when you have an unlimited GB, every "flipper" drives down the aftermarket price. A flipper is just someone buying extras to sell.

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 11:09:39 »
+1 nice work on picking up so many extras, should curb the flippers and make it easier for newer people coming into the hobby to be able to get it.

uhhh...when you have an unlimited GB, every "flipper" drives down the aftermarket price. A flipper is just someone buying extras to sell.

So on what part were you disagreeing with me? We essentially said the same thing in different ways. Vendors having tons of extras available for new people that weren't here/Reddit when the GB window was open means it's less likely they have to pay after market prices, instead just the non-GB price that the vendor charges.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 00:01:42 »
Curb the flippers part.

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 06:25:35 »
Curb the flippers part.

If individual sales were 1200 and vendors bought 300 extras there is going to be a mad frenzy when extras go live and things are going to sell out in seconds keeping aftermarket prices high and flippers doing well. If vendors bought 5000 extras it's going to be a whole lot easier to get a set driving down aftermarket prices, making it harder for flippers to mark them up enormously. If their bottom line is being pushed down significantly (on top of that Paypal fees) and having money tied up for 1.5 years there is going to be less incentive to buy things to flip, hence curb flippers.

Hypothetical example - you bought a set for $120 (then $10 shipping) and there were so many extras available that this is now worth ~ $150 aftermarket, after Paypal fees you take in $145. Was having your money tied up for 1.5 years worth that $15?

Most sensible people would say no, but I suppose there will always be that person that gets excited about even making a buck or two off something and sees their time as worthless.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 11:02:15 »
So, curb flippers for future GBs?

I don't know why you want to curb anything since people buying extras as part of unlimited GBs is a good thing.

That said, venders are buying extras to make money. They don't care about flippers.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 March 2021, 11:05:49 by DukeEsquire »

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 02:01:11 »
I don't know why you want to curb anything since people buying extras as part of unlimited GBs is a good thing.

That said, vendors are buying extras to make money. They don't care about flippers.

This^^ In the case of unlimited GBs flippers are a good thing. They allow you to purchase what you missed in the first place.

Offline GingGing

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 10:56:59 »
One of my all-time favorite sets!

Offline mrln.bllmnn

• Marlon Bellmann
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 09:10:21 »
Had to buy these. I was really impressed by the first run, then got my ducky mecha mini, now I'm going to mod my mecha mini with NK Silk Milkshake and I'm waiting for my GMK Dots. My dad won't be able to use my keyboard ever again.

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 10:18:19 »
Couldn't find any decent white keycaps so picked up some pre-orders of these instead! Just realised how nicely it'll match the brass accent on my B/W WindX.

Offline SpeedRcrX

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 06:08:43 »
And they are here !!!

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 06:09:34 »
And they are here !!!

Show Image

indeed, now shipping!

Offline vandread

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 14:35:33 »
I ****ed up my order and forgot to include the spacebar set... Now i am missing a 6U spacebar for my HHKB. ):
Is there maybe anyone around who has it extra or maybe anyone know how/where I could get one?
It looks so uncompleted... *cry*

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 16:45:20 »
There’s gonna be a lotta extras. A lot.

Offline vandread

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 03:42:19 »
I was lucky to find an extra spacebars kit... Happy ending! Just waiting now for the package.