Author Topic: [GB]LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case [Packing]  (Read 203107 times)

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
Re: [GB]LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:33:04 »
So you say that North America shipments will be handled by Zeal, does that mean hes going to try and use DHL overnight and charge us like $75 to ship from canada? Ive dealt with zeal in the past, and his shipping is handled pretty poorly (no options, overcharging, etc).

I want to get in on this but if Zeal is proxying, im expecting to see a $75 shipping invoice.

To offer a different perspective (in case this post deters you from ordering), Zeal's name is part of the reason I decided to join this buy. He charges ~15$ from Canada to the US and I have never felt he has 'overcharged.'
I have been in three other group buys regarding Zeal (proxy for SPRiT, 1st round Zealio, and now, 3rd round Zealio) and he has delivered everytime - even with the SPRiT stuff that I think some people STILL haven't received... and he replaced a plate for me during that buy when I told him he didn't have to.

I am sorry that you seem to have had issues with him in the past.

Theres no issue with reliability, i know Zeal is trustworthy. I am just a little worried about getting overcharged for DHL overnight shipping, because thats all he uses.

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:45:58 »
btw what is the estimated ship date for this?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 12:39:04 »
So you say that North America shipments will be handled by Zeal, does that mean hes going to try and use DHL overnight and charge us like $75 to ship from canada? Ive dealt with zeal in the past, and his shipping is handled pretty poorly (no options, overcharging, etc).

I want to get in on this but if Zeal is proxying, im expecting to see a $75 shipping invoice.

To offer a different perspective (in case this post deters you from ordering), Zeal's name is part of the reason I decided to join this buy. He charges ~15$ from Canada to the US and I have never felt he has 'overcharged.'
I have been in three other group buys regarding Zeal (proxy for SPRiT, 1st round Zealio, and now, 3rd round Zealio) and he has delivered everytime - even with the SPRiT stuff that I think some people STILL haven't received... and he replaced a plate for me during that buy when I told him he didn't have to.

Theres no issue with reliability, i know Zeal is trustworthy. I am just a little worried about getting overcharged for DHL overnight shipping, because thats all he uses.

I'll work with Zeal to find the best options regarding both time and price for you guys :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 12:40:50 »

I expect the shipping to be ready 1 month after order close, or 6 weeks if for worst case scenarios :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline maximm

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 12:47:23 »

I expect the shipping to be ready 1 month after order close, or 6 weeks if for worst case scenarios :D

Will shipping be from finland? I am in Sweden.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 12:50:16 »

Will shipping be from finland? I am in Sweden.

Shipping is from Vietnam :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline JDragon

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 13:02:00 »

Oh wow, much faster than I was thinking! Can't wait. :D

I think I see 3 people down for purple including me - anyone else?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 13:30:35 »
Now we have 3 kits with blueish color. 2 more to go? If only we can see some samples...

If the smoke acrylic is not an option, I will likely go with a blue color.
Nice. Let's pick some special blue, not those common ones on the market already

I'm definitely a fan of the darker/grayish blue color. Not sure how interested other people are in that though.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 13:54:08 »

I'm definitely a fan of the darker/grayish blue color. Not sure how interested other people are in that though.

You mean like the gray blue in Octagon V2 or something else? We better describe color with sample, but it's hard to find proper ones.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:58:57 »
So we can get some Zealio switches at same time with this GB?

Offline graefeln

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 15:14:22 »

I have a PM out to Zeal asking if he could ship this case (since he is NA proxy) and my round 3 Zealio together - you may want to try the same thing if you're not getting assembly.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 15:50:50 »

I have a PM out to Zeal asking if he could ship this case (since he is NA proxy) and my round 3 Zealio together - you may want to try the same thing if you're not getting assembly.
Yea, I'd like to do the same if possible.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 15:58:54 »

You mean like the gray blue in Octagon V2 or something else? We better describe color with sample, but it's hard to find proper ones.

Yes, that's the color I'm talking about. I'll try to dig up some pictures later tonight.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 16:22:04 »

Please let us know how that goes!

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 17:43:11 »
Hmm. Seems like I'm the only one that's looking for gunmetal :/

Offline graefeln

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 19:09:41 »

Please let us know how that goes!

I asked him to stop by the thread if he could to speak for himself - but his reply seemed positive. He mentioned anticipating early July for his R3 and bazh mentioned 4-6 weeks for this, so it looks like things would line up fairly nicely barring any complications.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 19:16:57 »

I'd appreciate if you would lessen the exaggeration...I offer DHL Express because the cost savings of items under 2lb is less than $2 vs Canada Post. Any heavier and it's faster and cheaper. I'm fairly certain anyone would take overnight delivery over 4-7 business day delivery.

For me to charge you $75 via DHL overnight to USA, the keyboard would have to be 45lbs+. Let's be reasonable, shall we? Depending on how the Lustros are packed, I expect DHL shipping to be in the $20 range.

---

Yes, I can offer to ship Zealios with your Lustro/Weaven. Please send me an email with your order # shortly after you've paid for your Lustro/Weaven kit.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 19:27:11 »

I'd appreciate if you would lessen the exaggeration...I offer DHL Express because the cost savings of items under 2lb is less than $2 vs Canada Post. Any heavier and it's faster and cheaper. I'm fairly certain anyone would take overnight delivery over 4-7 business day delivery.

For me to charge you $75 via DHL overnight to USA, the keyboard would have to be 45lbs+. Let's be reasonable, shall we? Depending on how the Lustros are packed, I expect DHL shipping to be in the $20 range.

---

Yes, I can offer to ship Zealios with your Lustro/Weaven. Please send me an email with your order # shortly after you've paid for your Lustro/Weaven kit.

You are the man! Your explanation for shipping is also very reasonable.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 19:54:09 »

---

So how this works? Place an order over your website? Or just include Zealios as parts on Lustro/Weaven order?
It would be nice to just make one combined payment and get correct shipping fee at once. Thanks for the help!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:11:53 »

---

So how this works? Place an order over your website? Or just include Zealios as parts on Lustro/Weaven order?
It would be nice to just make one combined payment and get correct shipping fee at once. Thanks for the help!

From my understanding, I'll be invoicing for shipping after bazh's GB is closed. Just send me an email if you've already got Zealios orders, I'll calculate the difference. If not, place an order for Zealios still, as I'll be using that order as a reference. The shipping invoice for the keyboard will be adjusted accordingly.

Offline sosatran

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:12:40 »
Really excited about this case, will probably be in for Round 2 once I see more pictures of fully built boards from this round. I was also super curious how purple anodized legs would look with the smokey acrylite body so I did a rough photoshop for those that were also interested. Will remove at bazh's request.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL RENDER FROM THE GROUPBUY RUNNER. IT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF HOW THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL LOOK, BUT RATHER IS MY OWN INTERPRETATION IN ORDER TO GARNER INTEREST FOR A POSSIBLE COLOR COMBINATION.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:15:30 »
WOW! Would def be interested in this! :thumb:

Really excited about this case, will probably be in for Round 2 once I see more pictures of fully built boards from this round. I was also super curious how purple anodized legs would look with the smokey acrylite body so I did a rough photoshop for those that were also interested. Will remove at bazh's request.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL RENDER FROM THE GROUPBUY RUNNER. IT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF HOW THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL LOOK, BUT RATHER IS MY OWN INTERPRETATION IN ORDER TO GARNER INTEREST FOR A POSSIBLE COLOR COMBINATION.

Show Image

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:16:41 »

Show Image

That's a sick colourway... Just asking for Purple Zealios!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:24:22 »
maybe my gh60 will show up one day for this case.
I love Elzy

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:24:53 »
bazh, could we possibly order extra side pieces? People could support a custom colour (like purple) and get a stock colour (like silver or black) for when they use a different set of keycaps.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:34:38 »
bazh, could we possibly order extra side pieces? People could support a custom colour (like purple) and get a stock colour (like silver or black) for when they use a different set of keycaps.

That might be a good idea. Plus you can do different colors on each side when you get a mad day, haha. If this supports Planck, you can even create a symmetric two-color layout for the keys. Just saying. :D

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:37:15 »
From my understanding, I'll be invoicing for shipping after bazh's GB is closed. Just send me an email if you've already got Zealios orders, I'll calculate the difference. If not, place an order for Zealios still, as I'll be using that order as a reference. The shipping invoice for the keyboard will be adjusted accordingly.

Cool. Order placed on your website. It's a nice website, BTW.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:46:40 »

Show Image

That is beautiful and exactly what I had in mind when I put in for this. Really hoping purple hits MOQ.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 20:52:29 »

This would be a phenomenal idea. Definitely interested in the possibility of getting multiple side pieces.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 22:00:50 »

Great idea! Would definitely be in for 2-3 different colors.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 22:37:06 »
yo this is dope
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline teemo

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 23:17:40 »

I also support this idea, bazh please make it so.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 23:32:17 »
Would gladly order extra side pieces. I'd love to get both Gold and Purple (if Purple becomes a thing).

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 02:13:30 »

That might be a good idea. Plus you can do different colors on each side when you get a mad day, haha. If this supports Planck, you can even create a symmetric two-color layout for the keys. Just saying. :D

This would be a phenomenal idea. Definitely interested in the possibility of getting multiple side pieces.

Great idea! Would definitely be in for 2-3 different colors.

I also support this idea, bazh please make it so.

Would gladly order extra side pieces. I'd love to get both Gold and Purple (if Purple becomes a thing).

Since many of you want that, I can make that happen. The pair of the stand will cost $60.  :thumb:

I'll put "Extra stands" in the form, those who already put your order in you can comment the quantity and color you want for extra pieces and I can put it in the order list manually.  :p

Also, I'm listing all color proposal and quantity so far so you could easily get a record of what color can make it  :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 02:37:37 »

Show Image

this looks so nice

Offline joinhandmade

• * Maker
  • www.jellykey.com
    • Jellykey website
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 02:41:45 »
awesome :)
Our website: https://www.jellykey.com
OurFacebook Page: https://www.fb.com/jellykey.joiha/
Our email: jelly.key@joiha.com

Offline pear_voz

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 02:45:41 »

No you won't, we already have had 3 order for Gun Metal in Vietnam :3 It's really close!!!
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 06:20:25 »
Thanks bazh for making extra side pieces available!

My preferred case is smokey acrylic with purple side pieces (like that unofficial mockup), but would like to get extra side pieces in gunmetal (or black if gunmetal doesn't make MOQ).

Should I wait until you confirm smokey acrylic is available, or should I order now and cancel if it's not available? I don't like the idea of cancelling and wasting your time, but also don't want to miss out on the group buy.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 06:36:33 »

My preferred case is smokey acrylic with purple side pieces (like that unofficial mockup), but would like to get extra side pieces in gunmetal (or black if gunmetal doesn't make MOQ).

Should I wait until you confirm smokey acrylic is available, or should I order now and cancel if it's not available? I don't like the idea of cancelling and wasting your time, but also don't want to miss out on the group buy.

you can order now, every changes in the future I can edit it directly in the order list for you guys :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 08:29:14 »
I have a question about the fully assembled option.

If I am going to pick that option, I am getting the case, the pcb from winkeyless.kr, and select the LED/switch that I'm looking for?  And it will come assembled?

Can zealios be an option in the fully assembled?  Is it being assembled in Vietnam prior to getting it to Zeal?

Thanks!

Offline JDragon

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 08:56:02 »

you can order now, every changes in the future I can edit it directly in the order list for you guys :thumb:

Thank you! Can you please add 1 Purple extra stands for my order? Would also like smoked acrylic if possible (assuming it has a diffuser effect).

Appreciate it, this GB is awesome :)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 09:05:27 »

If I am going to pick that option, I am getting the case, the pcb from winkeyless.kr, and select the LED/switch that I'm looking for?  And it will come assembled?

Can zealios be an option in the fully assembled?  Is it being assembled in Vietnam prior to getting it to Zeal?

Thanks!

Yes we'll assemble the keyboard before shipping if that's what you want. A lot of guys chose Zealios too so no worry we can do that. :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 09:19:53 »

Thank you! Can you please add 1 Purple extra stands for my order? Would also like smoked acrylic if possible (assuming it has a diffuser effect).

Done! :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 10:28:07 »

Thanks!
Yes we'll assemble the keyboard before shipping if that's what you want. A lot of guys chose Zealios too so no worry we can do that. :thumb:

Thanks, that's awesome.  Now I am excited!!   :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 May 2016, 10:30:00 by eyedrop »

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:09:46 »

No you won't, we already have had 3 order for Gun Metal in Vietnam :3 It's really close!!!

YASSSASSSS

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:10:51 »
Two questions

1) To estimate the cost of the PCB on winkeyless.kr, should we be adding all soldered components as well (diodes, resistors, controller, RGB, LED's, etc)?

2) Would it be possible to have sip sockets installed instead of LEDs? If not, since your plate supports switch top removal, would it be possible to add these after assemble is complete?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:19:30 »
Two questions

1) To estimate the cost of the PCB on winkeyless.kr, should we be adding all soldered components as well (diodes, resistors, controller, RGB, LED's, etc)?

2) Would it be possible to have sip sockets installed instead of LEDs? If not, since your plate supports switch top removal, would it be possible to add these after assemble is complete?
1. Most likely the PCB will be purchased with controller components soldered, all other thing including diodes, resistor, LEDs (regular 2x3x4mm LED), RGB SMD LEDs will be ours to be done.
2. I don't have a source for sip sockets plus install those require extra efforts (removed switch tops, put in, then close switch tops) so it will be done by you if desired. Basically we don't provide custom switch work now. :D

Also, here's the color count, including order from Weaven Round 2 too

Note that this is just a visualized example using color fill from Google Sheets, it may not represent 100% accurate real color

There's also people with Dark Blue and Deep Sky Blue in the order sheet but I'm assuming that you all want a deep blue more like Navy blue so it will be basic option, no counts needed.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:21:33 »
Will round 2 be a thing? I need some time to decide if I need another keyboard, as this is super tempting.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:36:21 »

Done! :thumb:

Thank you! Can't wait :D

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:06:39 »
Two questions

1. Most likely the PCB will be purchased with controller components soldered, all other thing including diodes, resistor, LEDs (regular 2x3x4mm LED), RGB SMD LEDs will be ours to be done.
2. I don't have a source for sip sockets plus install those require extra efforts (removed switch tops, put in, then close switch tops) so it will be done by you if desired. Basically we don't provide custom switch work now. :D

Also, here's the color count, including order from Weaven Round 2 too

Show Image

Note that this is just a visualized example using color fill from Google Sheets, it may not represent 100% accurate real color

There's also people with Dark Blue and Deep Sky Blue in the order sheet but I'm assuming that you all want a deep blue more like Navy blue so it will be basic option, no counts needed.
Is it possible to have diodes, RGB LED and resistors pre-soldered as well? There are options for those on Winkeyless, but not sure if that works for this GB.

So the default blue is the blue in the pictures of Weaven OP, right?

Though I'm fine with that blue, I would prefer some special blue. Cyan is a little too bright to me. Maybe we can find a color between cyan and blue?

BTW, gunmetal is appealing too

Is it the time for the poll now?