Author Topic: Howdy & Hello!  (Read 2024 times)

Offline mattdonders

Howdy & Hello!
« on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 07:28:36 »
Hello there - what a great community this is. Found this website from the /r/MK subreddit where I found some information but this forum seems to contain even more information!

Anyway - I bought my first MK a week ago to try it out and I really love it. I grabbed a TOMOKO 87-key TKL with Cherry MX Blues clones and really like how they feel and sound. I grabbed some keycaps for a friend and this is what it looks like in its current state.

The Blues are too loud for work so I bought myself a Drevo Gramr 84 (with MX Red clones) to see how I like the 75% form factor - should arrive early next week.

So far these keyboards are much better to type on than anything else I have before so I see this becoming quite an addiction.  Can't wait to share pictures and learn a lot more while I am here.

Thanks for having me!

Offline XyberYogi

• Xyber Guard
Re: Howdy & Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 21:55:16 »
Lovely! Like you I ended up on this website while researching about keyboards and how to customize them. Last week a bought 2 x Drevo 71 Calibur (Black and White) with black switch. I ended up damaging both when I tried replacing the keycaps. For some reason, the keys with stabilizers are very difficult to pullout (felt like they were glued). Out of frustration I pulled them with force. Sadly, now both keyboards have a damage Backspace, Enter, 2 x Shift and Spacebar keys. Keyboards are still usable but annoying and sometimes does not work because th stabilizers are now broken.

I purchased the REALFORCE RGB (for my desktop) last night and I should be receiving it tomorrow. Additionally, I am also considering the Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 as a portable keyboard for when I am on the road.

Attached is photo of the damage Drevo 71 Calibur! I mixed the keycaps from the 2 keyboards.