Author Topic: [IC] GMK BoW Cyrillic  (Read 5633 times)

Offline Mangas

[IC] GMK BoW Cyrillic
« on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 10:28:02 »
Hello everyone!

I'm very happy to present to you a simple BoW (WS1 & CR) set with Cyrillic Alphas and Icon+Text modifiers . This is inspired by Tom's  Beige and WoB Cyrillic that ran a litle while ago , before publishing the IC I have made sure to get permission to run this from the designer .

Interest Check Form

Vendors:
USA: Mechs & Co
Other Regions : TBD

Timeline: Q3 2022

Pricing: TBD

Info on the sublegends
This set will be using the same doubleshot sublegends as GMK Beige & WoB Cyrillic :

- grave, Q, W, E, U, I, O, P, ], A, S, G, K, L, semi-colon, apostrophe, Z, X, B, M, comma, period: all using T0mb3ry's mono Cyrillics as sublegends
- R, T, Y, [, D, F, H, J, C, V, N: all using Cherry Latin as sublegends
- the '/' tertiary legend on the pipe key has been put in the top right to be more accurate to the way it's used
- Ë position changed to bottom right of the keycap to be consistent with the rest of the Cyrillic. This is a change that Cherry made in their later Cyrillic boards that hasn't translated through to a lot of modern sets.

Kitting:

Base

Extension | Pending Cherry approval to use their logo

Spacebars

Renders:

TGR Jane V2 CE by Yuktsi

Frog Mini by Geonworks

Ciel by Chickenman

Update Log :

7/7/2022 : Kitting Changes
Extension : Added Macro keys

4/7/2022 : Kitting Changes
Base: Added 3 key 40's support (r2 1.75u backspace , r3 1.5u enter , r3 1.25u tab) . Changed numpad to include navigation sublegends .
Extension: Removed the duplicate backspace and tab , removed Alt Gr as I decided I will keep regular Alt in base .
Spacebars: Added a second 1.75c spacebar .

3/7/2022: IC Posted

Discord : Mangas#4103
Feel free to leave any feedback and suggestions here. We would really appreciate you filling out the IC form if you haven’t already.
Special thanks once again to Tom  for making the doubleshot legends possible , to iinko providing me the initial cyrillic template to make the renders and to all the people who helped me with the kitting.
Thank you so much for your interest :)

Interest Check Form
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 July 2022, 11:05:51 by Mangas »

Offline Fraaaan

Re: [IC] GMK BoW Cyrillic
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 10:35:20 »
Consider navigation subs on numpad. Looks empty compared to alphas and mods.

Offline Mangas

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 10:38:17 »
Will keep that in mind , thanks for the observation !

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 11:41:19 »
Some 40s support in base or extensions would be appreciated

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 12:09:40 »
ne macro/XT support for the extension kit?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 13:24:02 »
hello there
40's please
thank you

also, what's the reasoning for the same tab and backspace found in the base kit in the extensions?
the alt gr keys are also a bit weird too, i often don't see both alt and altgr offered, it's usually one or the other
seems like a lot of duplicated keys

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 13:24:26 »
what's the second 2u backspace and  1.5u tab in extensions for? 24 seconds slower than kokaloo
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 July 2022, 13:26:16 by ankit-sachdeva »
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 13:29:38 »
No 40s support? based.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 13:43:39 »
I was sad to see ePBT BoW Cyrillic put on standby so I’ll be watching this.

Extension kit is hot if you can use the logo. Maybe make the logo smaller for the windowed R1 key? Looks like a tight fit. Might look better with some more white space near the top edge to better match other keys.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Mangas

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 13:47:17 »
what's the second 2u backspace and  1.5u tab in extensions for? 24 seconds slower than kokaloo

hello there
40's please
thank you

also, what's the reasoning for the same tab and backspace found in the base kit in the extensions?
the alt gr keys are also a bit weird too, i often don't see both alt and altgr offered, it's usually one or the other
I was told the second set of tab/BS is especially useful if you wanted to use alternatives alhpas from another set and that BoW is pretty versatile so including them couldn't hurt for anyone doing a mix/match of sets .
I am open to removing them if you think that is redundant .

About 40's , I think the base is quite big already and I am not sure if I could add 3key support in there . Maybe it would be a good idea to add the 3key 40's into the extension kit instead of the duplicated backspace + tab .
About Alt / Alt Gr , I think it would be pretty nice for people who buy the extension kit to be able to pick and choose between the different alts , but again I am open to any kitting suggestions .

Offline AstraRus

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 15:41:22 »
idk about this one
as for me, ePBT one looks better

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 18:45:17 »
like the clean numpad, wouldnt mind seeing a r1 or r2 = key instead of a second - key for the numpad personally

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 19:29:59 »
Looks pretty nice. For me personally, i think using qarmaa’s cyrillic sublegends would be pretty cool to see. Also also i feel like this should be an addon to sets like Classic BoW.
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 21:16:01 »
Call me crazy, but are those renders a little cool (tending more towards WS2) than WS1?

Offline Mangas

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 06:51:06 »
Some 40s support in base or extensions would be appreciated

hello there
40's please
thank you

Base: Added 3 key 40's support (r2 1.75u backspace , r3 1.5u enter , r3 1.25u tab) . Changed numpad to include navigation sublegends .
Extension: Removed the duplicate backspace and tab , removed Alt Gr as I decided I will only keep regular Alt in base .
Spacebars: Added a second 1.75c spacebar .

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 07:32:56 »
I know gmk is better for kitting, but I really have to wonder if it's worth it to have a set that is basically just BoW but more interesting done by them given how royally screwed up their production queue is. I know other manufacturers would mean losing the windowed kit at the very least. But damn, It would be lovely to get a cap set before some people on the forum get their doctorate.

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 08:12:22 »
I know gmk is better for kitting, but I really have to wonder if it's worth it to have a set that is basically just BoW but more interesting done by them given how royally screwed up their production queue is. I know other manufacturers would mean losing the windowed kit at the very least. But damn, It would be lovely to get a cap set before some people on the forum get their doctorate.

Lol.
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline KBKlon

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 12:46:51 »
Is this WS2?

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 14:02:11 »
Like it a lot more after the nav subs on numpad. Will definitely join if financially able.

Offline Mangas

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 11:05:31 »
ne macro/XT support for the extension kit?
Added Macro keys into the extension kit

Offline jjolddahgoo

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 14:14:52 »
In for an Extension Kit!

Offline Plaketdebeur

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 13 July 2022, 02:16:46 »
It would be interesting to have a child kit with only the cyrillic characters ( like taiga or perestroika)
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 July 2022, 08:11:50 by Plaketdebeur »

Offline stomaha

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 13 July 2022, 06:15:25 »
In for an Extension Kit!