Author Topic: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | REFUNDING  (Read 205630 times)

Offline timzilla

Re: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | SHIPPING TO YOU [48%]
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 17:14:46 »
Hey everyone!  Apologies for the silences, I'm out of town visiting family right now, I'll be back in Ottawa this coming Tuesday.

So a quick update, silver boards have been reanodized to the best quality we can get.  Due to the nature of the media blasting and anodizing there may be some colour inconsistencies on the large bottom surface.

Another update, I received the remaining blue orders back anodized as originally required, unfortunately one of these boards are going to be powdercoated.  If someone with a blue order who is flexible with their finish would like to contact me, we can organize the possibility of switching to black or red powdercoating if interested in a colour change..

I'll be bringing in the remaining anodized pieces that have a matching top or bottom that will be refinished to ensure that they are powdercoated and will match the finish as best as possible. 

Thank you everyone for the patience while I work through this.

I'll try to have some powdercoating samples ready in the coming weeks.

So does this mean silver boards will be getting shipped out this week?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #501 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 17:26:31 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2020, 16:17:17 by Unforgivable »

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 09:46:14 »
Hey everyone!  Apologies for the silences, I'm out of town visiting family right now, I'll be back in Ottawa this coming Tuesday.

So a quick update, silver boards have been reanodized to the best quality we can get.  Due to the nature of the media blasting and anodizing there may be some colour inconsistencies on the large bottom surface.

Another update, I received the remaining blue orders back anodized as originally required, unfortunately one of these boards are going to be powdercoated.  If someone with a blue order who is flexible with their finish would like to contact me, we can organize the possibility of switching to black or red powdercoating if interested in a colour change..

I'll be bringing in the remaining anodized pieces that have a matching top or bottom that will be refinished to ensure that they are powdercoated and will match the finish as best as possible. 

27, my order #546. Is my Navy Blue affected ?

I have already communicated to you that no your order is not going to be powder coated.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #503 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 09:50:05 »

27, my order #546. Is my Navy Blue affected ?

I have already communicated to you that no your order is not going to be powder coated.

Cool. Nope I did not receive your pm thus I asked here. Thanks for the good news ! Cant wait for it. Hope to receive it soon.

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #504 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 23:06:23 »
Do I understand it correctly that the plate will support Alps switches and the PCB will not? Would the PCB from LFKeyboards work?  Thanks!

Offline Cyllinus

« Reply #505 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 12:46:36 »
Do I understand it correctly that the plate will support Alps switches and the PCB will not? Would the PCB from LFKeyboards work?  Thanks!
No it would not work. The PCB's are different size.

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 12:49:31 »

So is there any way to use alps switches on this board? I imagine there is because why else would the plate fit alps switches?

Offline smorc

« Reply #507 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 12:59:38 »

So is there any way to use alps switches on this board? I imagine there is because why else would the plate fit alps switches?

Leeku made a PCB called the Alphas L3 that works.

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:13:40 »

Thanks for the info! Anywhere I could purchase that PCB?

Offline smorc

« Reply #509 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:16:00 »

Pretty sure the only way to get one now is resale. I tried to email Leeku about buying one but I havent gotten a answer yet.

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #510 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:17:37 »

Pretty sure the only way to get one now is resale. I tried to email Leeku about buying one but I havent gotten a answer yet.

Aw ok. I guess I'll try over on r/mm...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #511 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 14:58:02 »
With leeku, you'll be waiting a while. Bother Kin on telegram, maybe he has some.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline smorc

« Reply #512 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 15:22:11 »
With leeku, you'll be waiting a while. Bother Kin on telegram, maybe he has some.

Already tried.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #513 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 15:26:46 »

Already tried.

mechmarket it is, then
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Taeha Types

• Subscribe to me :D
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 20:02:49 »
any updates on the silver?

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #515 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 09:11:24 »
Anyone got a spare plate? Don't care if its polycarb, brass, alu or whatever...

Edit: Got a plate!  :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 July 2018, 17:53:24 by Darknight00z »

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #516 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 10:09:11 »
you could possibly get an acrylic one made

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #517 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:24:20 »

literally any jane plate will work

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #518 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 01:16:43 »
any updates?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #519 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 11:35:35 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2020, 16:17:37 by Unforgivable »

Offline Pell99

« Reply #520 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 08:28:03 »
any updates?  :(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 19:21:48 »
i poked 27 but i think he's pretty busy right now

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 21:34:43 »
Hey 27,

Are there any updates on the silver boards?

While I’m on the fence about it, I might be selling my silver spot, pm if interested.

Red spot is currently pending! :]
Sent you a PM.
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline get_weird

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 19:42:38 »
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone know the screw sizes for the TKL v1? Any help would be nice.

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #524 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 00:16:23 »
One month no update  :(

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 00:24:38 »
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone know the screw sizes for the TKL v1? Any help would be nice.

I do believe they are m3.  I bought a bunch for my mech27v1 at least. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline get_weird

« Reply #526 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 01:22:14 »

I do believe they are m3.  I bought a bunch for my mech27v1 at least.

Much appreciated, I thought they were m2 at first.

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #527 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 10:18:24 »
One month no update  :(

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer. I do have some specific questions that I thought might be addressed shortly after the last update, but no answers yet:

• Will the completed, anodized silver and navy boards be shipped ahead of the powder coated boards? If not, what are they waiting on?
  • Has the owner of the one, powder coated navy order been notified, or has someone voluntarily selected that finish?
  • For the powder coated boards, will the top and bottom both be refinished with powder coat? The wording of the last update made it sound like only the top or bottom would be refinished, depending on what was defective.
  • Can you set some reasonable expectations for the next steps? I expect that powder coating samples should be available any day now. Assuming they look good, would it take another month to get all the boards refinished? Then, what else needs to be done before final shipments can go out?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #528 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 16:15:30 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2020, 16:19:34 by Unforgivable »

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #529 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 12:24:53 »
Hey, finally back to geekhack.

Just so this thread isn't TOO worried, 27 is alive. I don't know what % of re-finished boards I helped him take back home for QC from the manufacturer, but it was >50% and he's going through them. These were the re-anodized cases. He also dropped the final samples for colour-matching on the powder-coating, and the manufacturer will have it all turned around soon. My understanding is he's currently short on cash for shipping, so he's figuring QC and shipping overhead at the same time. This update is from July 4th (when I last saw him), so you can expect some progress has been made on both fronts.

Just so we're clear, I'm not too up to date on the EXACT status of everything. I'm just trying to give an update some people might not know about to soothe tension. :)

Offline smorc

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 13:05:20 »
So people wont get the DHL Express they paid for?

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #531 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 13:34:45 »
I'm pretty sure they will. It just seems that Mech27 is a bit short on cash to ship all of the boards.

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #532 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 09:49:53 »
I'm pretty sure they will. It just seems that Mech27 is a bit short on cash to ship all of the boards.

this is the likely scenario

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #533 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 06:31:02 »
selling my navy spot, pm me if interested.

Offline Pell99

« Reply #534 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 02:39:01 »
Two month no update  :(

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 12:44:47 »
any have extra pc Jane plates?

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 01:45:39 »
is this GB rip?

Offline hansichen

« Reply #537 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 03:35:17 »
Looks like it.. He's still posting on reddit but not here. Sad to see that both of his gbs went down the drain.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #538 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 08:23:05 »
The last few boards are still getting powder coated IIRC.  As clappingcactus said, shipping is delayed but you will receive them.  I happened to be able to get mine via local pickup recently and personally saw the stack of them at his place.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 09:08:06 »
FYI I'm looking to personally buy something (at an overpriced budget) from 27 so that he can start raising funds to meet his shipping and fulfilment requirements. It's all happening, you just need patience because the situation sucks a little.

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #540 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 15:45:34 »
is this GB rip?
Some boards are still getting finished and he can't ship atm. Still happening though.

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 16:15:04 »
I don't want to be an ass.
But the price was raised and the boards were made in Canada. Listening to mech27 when he speaks about the GB on topclack it sounded like he had a bigger margin to have more funds for unforeseen circumstances.
I was under the impression that this would also give mech27 better control during manufacturing.
Still there are almost never an update. And he has run out of funds to ship the boards?

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 21:06:03 »
But the price was raised and the boards were made in Canada. Listening to mech27 when he speaks about the GB on topclack it sounded like he had a bigger margin to have more funds for unforeseen circumstances.
I was under the impression that this would also give mech27 better control during manufacturing.
Still there are almost never an update. And he has run out of funds to ship the boards?
Not sure why he isn't updating in the thread but he does respond to Discord pms.

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 22:06:31 »

my understanding is that the cost of refinishing the boards has eaten through the extra margin

the main problem was with the anodizer, as they just... held the messed up boards for a long time without saying anything

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #544 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 23:14:52 »

my understanding is that the cost of refinishing the boards has eaten through the extra margin

the main problem was with the anodizer, as they just... held the messed up boards for a long time without saying anything

Why do we have to rely on other people guessing the issues instead of 27 simply giving us an update? He's active on every platform but here...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #545 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 05:14:54 »

Why do we have to rely on other people guessing the issues instead of 27 simply giving us an update? He's active on every platform but here...

I mean that's what he told me but still very understandable

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #546 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 05:16:02 »

Was not an insult to you, more of a criticism on 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #547 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 05:18:06 »

Was not an insult to you, more of a criticism on 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been called out for the same thing before, is all. No worries. I'll see if I can get him to post an update in here of he doesn't do it this weekend while I'm away.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #548 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 19:10:26 »

I think he's just stressed. When I asked, he said he wants to post when he has an update. Technically since his last post there's been no progress other than he did what he wanted to do.

For what it's worth, I have an update on my end in that 27 and I have agreed on the sale I mentioned in my last post, so he should have some head-room to start shipping things now.

Offline bminhz

« Reply #549 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 07:43:24 »
Any updates on shipping these?