Author Topic: [GB] SX60 Split 60% Keyboard  (Read 48329 times)

Offline Quantastrophus

Re: [GB] SX60 Split 60% Keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 22:18:46 »
Hi All,

Another update! Boards are currently being CNC'd.

Let me know if you're curious about anything else.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 13:54:07 »
Hi All,

Another update! Boards are currently being CNC'd.

Let me know if you're curious about anything else.

Good to know! I am pretty excited to get mine.

Offline inter

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 08:33:06 »
Will there be any extras available for purchase? I am really disappointed I missed this buy.

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 10:43:40 »
Will there be any extras available for purchase? I am really disappointed I missed this buy.

There are 2 extras being made. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell them or keep them at this time.

Offline mdaly001

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 02:11:19 »
I ordered a gray I think I am down to let go of. Just pm me if interested

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 11:54:59 »
Hi All,

Another update for everyone. Currently the Tops/Plates/80% Bottom have finished CNC. So we just have a few more bottoms and the Weights before the parts go to anodizing. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks

Offline nsbirl

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 20:02:45 »
I really would like to get in on this. If anyone’s interested in giving up their spot please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 15:59:25 »
Hi All,

If you are interested in a tenting kit please PM me. There will be 5 available and they will be $100 each shipped to you. They will be made of walnut by woodkeys.click!

Thanks

Offline spiritjeon

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 19:34:55 »
Hi All,

If you are interested in a tenting kit please PM me. There will be 5 available and they will be $100 each shipped to you. They will be made of walnut by woodkeys.click!

Thanks
Pm'd!! Plz give me one. XD

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 00:00:33 »
Can we get some images of the tenting kits. If not, at least a rendering/ drawings of them please. Thanks!

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 00:18:33 »
Can we get some images of the tenting kits. If not, at least a rendering/ drawings of them please. Thanks!

Of course!

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 13:19:38 »
Hi All,

The boards have finished anodizing but my contact found defects in 1 of the gray boards and 1 of the black boards.  We'll wait for those 2 boards to be redone and then the boards will be shipped to me!

Here are some pictures to tease you a little bit  :p.

Gray:

Rose Gold:

Thanks!

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 18:13:05 »
Awesome! Can't wait.

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 20:47:56 »
Hi All,

Looks like the rework happened sooner than I expected and the boards will ship today :).  Also, for the list of people who wanted the arrows layout I have jaymaikan, PandaRooooong, WilySouser, and spiritjeon.  Please PM if you want the arrow layout so I can discuss with you.

Thanks!

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 21:44:09 »
Hi All,

Looks like the rework happened sooner than I expected and the boards will ship today :).  Also, for the list of people who wanted the arrows layout I have jaymaikan, PandaRooooong, WilySouser, and spiritjeon.  Please PM if you want the arrow layout so I can discuss with you.

Thanks!

That’s great! Thanks for the update.

Offline PandaRooooong

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 00:10:20 »
Hi All,

Thanks!
Good to see that update :D
Seems receive it in next month ;D

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 02:05:22 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 April 2018, 03:05:57 by midnight2903 »

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 18:52:44 »
Have you received the boards?

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 21:47:25 »
Have you received the boards?

Slow down cowboy :cool:. The boards are expected to arrive on Friday.  Then it will be a little bit more time for the PCBs. I have all the packing material, screws, bumpons ready to go.

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 13:49:56 »
Hi All,

Currently half the boards are stuck in customs so the entire shipment is being held up until they are released. FedEx has said there is nothing I can do from my end :/.  I'll keep everyone updated and bother FedEx daily :).

Thanks!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 16:48:02 »
Thx for the update man!

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 02:27:35 »
Damn just saw this so sad I missed it.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 04:29:56 »
Damn just saw this so sad I missed it.

i think there are a few ppl selling their spots

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 14:06:09 »
If anyone is looking to sell their spot, shoot me a Pm <3

Strongly considering a second board for work =)

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 12:45:31 »
What size are the spacebars? 2.25u and 2.75u?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 12:53:20 »
What size are the spacebars? 2.25u and 2.75u?

2u and 2.75u

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 11:50:16 »
Hi All,

Picked up the boards from the post office yesterday and did QC and initlal packing for all of them.

Some problems I want to make you all aware of:

• 5 of the weights for the left half of the board do not fit properly. I am getting replacements for these. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were placed. I will notify you if you will have delayed shipment.
  • The manufacturer pulled kind of a bait and switch on me with regards to the overall quality of the boards.  The multiple prototypes I have received are flawless from the inside to the outside. The outside of the boards are flawless and look amazing, but there are visible tooling marks on the insides of the boards. Obviously these are not visible when the boards are assembled but I want to make you all aware and see your thoughts.
  • The PCBs are in assembly right now and should be in my hands next week. I will receive them and then flash the QMK firmware and verify all of the buttons are working as desired.
  • The cables are arriving this week

Thanks for being patient with the group buy I hope to start fulfilling orders in the coming weeks!

Offline prestonmechs

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 12:33:50 »
Hey all,

Just made an account specifically for this keyboard (I've been stalking for years)! Does anyone have a spot they're willing to give up? Super interested. Thanks!

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 17:58:47 »
Hi All,

Picked up the boards from the post office yesterday and did QC and initlal packing for all of them.

• 5 of the weights for the left half of the board do not fit properly. I am getting replacements for these. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were placed. I will notify you if you will have delayed shipment.
  • The manufacturer pulled kind of a bait and switch on me with regards to the overall quality of the boards.  The multiple prototypes I have received are flawless from the inside to the outside. The outside of the boards are flawless and look amazing, but there are visible tooling marks on the insides of the boards. Obviously these are not visible when the boards are assembled but I want to make you all aware and see your thoughts.
  • The PCBs are in assembly right now and should be in my hands next week. I will receive them and then flash the QMK firmware and verify all of the buttons are working as desired.

Thanks for being patient with the group buy I hope to start fulfilling orders in the coming weeks!

Do you have any pictures of the tooling marks on the inside? I'm not too worried as long as the outside looks good and that seems to be the case.

Also thanks for the constant updates! Always appreciated from a group buy organizer!
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:01:49 »
Hi All,

Do you have any pictures of the tooling marks on the inside? I'm not too worried as long as the outside looks good and that seems to be the case.

Also thanks for the constant updates! Always appreciated from a group buy organizer!

I have attached 2 images.  The part circled in blue is the tooling marks. The silver is my prototype for QXP that has no tooling marks.

Also here is your case as a reward for feedback :).

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:06:29 by Quantastrophus »

Offline Pemdas

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:08:19 »
I have attached 2 images.  The part circled in blue is the tooling marks. The silver is my prototype for QXP that has no tooling marks.

Oh that's way less than I thought, I can't speak for everyone else but I have no problems with marks like that on the inside :thumb:

And oh man the black looks great! Cant' wait to try it :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:13:19 by Pemdas »
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Tally810

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 18:10:37 »
Hi All,

If mine is similar to the one shown I don't care about that on the inside

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 20:20:36 »
Thx for the upfront update Quantastrophus!
I don’t mind the marks personally so try not to worry too much about it <3

Also no pressure but I shot you a pm about transferring a spot to me, so let me know how to proceed whenever you find some time

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 08:22:54 »
A very long shot but if anyone wants to give up his or her spot, lmk :)

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 13:54:16 »
I don't mind the inside being marked up either.  It's aluminum so it won't really oxidize, not a problem.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 19:13:34 »
Hmmm nobody giving up spots :( sad me :( should just have joined. Rip me :P

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 17:13:25 »
Hi All,

Got the PCBs in today and they are good to go. I'll upload a simple version of the firmware and test out the keys before shipping. I have the cables as well.

Going to start fulfilling orders. Super excited for you guys  :thumb:

Thanks

Offline Tally810

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 17:14:49 »
Hi All,

Got the PCBs in today and they are good to go. I'll upload a simple version of the firmware and test out the keys before shipping. I have the cables as well.

Thanks
Ayy hype

Offline Pemdas

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 18:14:51 »
Hi All,

Thanks

Quite excited for this board! Can't wait to try out the split board style! Very quick and communicative GB too, thanks Quantastrophus!

Offline Pemdas

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 03:59:40 »

SX60 Zilents by thosepeoples, on Flickr

Wooo! Got the board in the mail today and built it up with some 78g Zilents! Thanks again to Quantastrophus for the awesome board!  Straight wrists feel great :thumb:

One question how do I go about programming the board?

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 08:08:48 »
Show Image

Wooo! Got the board in the mail today and built it up with some 78g Zilents! Thanks again to Quantastrophus for the awesome board!  Straight wrists feel great :thumb:

I'll upload my branch for qmk_firmware to GitHub today.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 08:19:40 »
Nice looking build dude. Mine shows up today
Show Image

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 08:59:44 »
Uploaded my branch to my GitHub. Still need to write a README and create an info.json so it will work with the online tool  :thumb:. Those more experienced with QMK can clone the branch here:

https://github.com/amnobis/qmk_firmware-1/tree/sx60

Offline Tally810

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 10:17:41 »
Got my board and it is stunning.  https://imgur.com/a/FdeZm0h

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 00:35:56 »
Got my board and it is stunning.  https://imgur.com/a/FdeZm0h

I immediately regret not getting that spot...

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 03:22:30 »
Love seeing the first builds pics pop up <3

Are we getting separate invoices for shipping btw?
If so I haven’t gotten one yet ;___;

Offline Athlio

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 17:31:25 »
Also very interested in a black or grey kit if anyone decides to sell  :thumb:

Offline Ammomruoy

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 05:47:53 »
Damn, I missed out :(
Anyone willing to sell their's? Got lots of love and PayPal to give :)

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 06:50:26 »
Here is my build.

https://imgur.com/a/j3CQjFE

The board is really great. I am very happy with it all!

Offline Quantastrophus

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 10:50:57 »
Love seeing the first builds pics pop up <3

Are we getting separate invoices for shipping btw?
If so I haven’t gotten one yet ;___;

Some orders are delayed waiting for replacement parts.