Author Topic: Alps good find but maybe not great  (Read 9017 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Alps good find but maybe not great
« on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 08:19:24 »
My favorite keyboard after the 122-key Model F, appears to be in excellent condition with little or no yellowing. I would say that the price is quite fair.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254393304607?ul_noapp=true
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Trmi8120

Re: Alps good find but maybe not great
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 10:32:10 »
Cool find. Might go for it later if it’s still available.
Keyboard

Offline Argan12345

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 18:04:31 »
Thanks. What's a reliable method to convert that cable to USB. Does a simple off the shelf PS/2 converter work?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 07:53:17 »
Yes, and you could also buy a male-to-male mini-DIN 6 cable to eliminate an adapter.

But be careful, some "PS/2" cables are made for mice and lack enough wires inside, even though it looks like they have the right pins from the outside. That is what I do with Northgates because I loathe coiled cables.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 October 2019, 07:54:58 by fohat.digs »
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015