Author Topic: Unicomp New Model M spilled water now has sitcky keys  (Read 1651 times)

Offline MegaTroyMohawk

Unicomp New Model M spilled water now has sitcky keys
« on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 08:53:14 »
I have Unicomp's new Model M keyboard and have recently spilled water on it. I let it dry out and later that day it was totally fine. But as I used it a couple keys started to become sticky, which I don't understand, are the springs messed up? I first noticed this on the left shift key but only the side with the spring and then on the a and r keys. I don't know a ton about the interworking's of this model of keyboards but I do know its a pain to open up to the membrane and fix the switches, I'm not sure what I should try.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 February 2024, 09:23:01 by MegaTroyMohawk »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Unicomp New Model M spilled water now has sitcky keys
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 10:49:52 »
Many people would say that it takes days of drying after a water spill. Capillary action and all that ....
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Tseg

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 February 2024, 07:46:13 »
Are the switch springs starting to rust? 

Offline Mandan

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 February 2024, 19:07:52 »
Put it in front of a fan and dry it out some more. 

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 March 2024, 05:28:48 »
Maybe if you spill a Coke on it too, it'll stop being sticky.  :p
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg