Author Topic: New REALFORCE 108UW-HiPro Just Systems auction  (Read 19467 times)

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
New REALFORCE 108UW-HiPro Just Systems auction
« on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 07:30:10 »
I saw this on the Japanese auction site buyee. It has it's box and all and but it is used. Very rare and sought after keyboard it's already on 191 Euros and 4 days to go.
If anyone is looking for one of these keyboards i would say go ham at it.

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/p586849461

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 December 2017, 08:52:39 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline clappingcactus

Re: New REALFORCE 108UW-HiPro Just Systems auction
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 08:51:49 »
Tempting...

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 08:52:16 »
I saw this on the Japanese auction site buyee. It has it's box and all and it says it's new. Very rare and sought after keyboard it's already on 191 Euros and 4 days to go.
If anyone is looking for one of these keyboards i would say go ham at it.

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/p586849461

Show Image

Edit: Item is used but it's complete
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 21:56:04 »
I just looked, and it's up to ¥63,000 ($738 U.S.). Well, thanks for drawing this example of hysteria to our attention. Hope no one hurts themselves slipping in their own drool.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 07:04:08 »
I just looked, and it's up to ¥63,000 ($738 U.S.). Well, thanks for drawing this example of hysteria to our attention. Hope no one hurts themselves slipping in their own drool.

It started at 191 Euro it went up insanely since well it's a rare keyboard i havent even seen it pop up on Mech Market. There is a reason people are paying **** load for it they can probably flip it in a few years.
current
Coming soon

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 09:13:36 »

Strange, now I see Current Price: 69,000 yen (US$633.42)

Has USD dropped that much in only a few days?

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 09:16:18 »
Someone really want those keycaps.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 10:41:10 »
Tempting...

Not at all tempting at this price. Anyone paying that kind of money for it is dumb with their money. :(

Offline alisonica

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 11:59:52 »
This is what happens when the rich kids join in the community.

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 13:49:28 »
what is even that great about it. Is it the keycaps?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 14:11:11 »

The key caps and it isn't produced anymore. It was even rare when it was released since you needed a Japanese proxy. Normally it costed 250 Euro new.
current
Coming soon

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 14:33:26 »
Wow, very unique!  Almost identical to the board I have (without those neat keycaps, but similar layout).

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:12:34 »
Strange, now I see Current Price: 69,000 yen (US$633.42)... Has USD dropped that much in only a few days?

Maybe... Did our president say anything to lower international confidence in the U.S.? (I know that's hard to imagine...)

Not at all tempting at this price. Anyone paying that kind of money for it is dumb with their money. :(

Or has so much, they can't spend it fast enough.

The key caps and it isn't produced anymore. It was even rare when it was released since you needed a Japanese proxy. Normally it [cost] 250 Euro new.

IMHO, the idea of paying substantially more for something only because it's rare is a kind of mental illness.

Okay, you have a "rare" item—what does that mean? It means you have something few other people do—including, presumably, some people who'd really like to have it, but can't. So you look at this thing, and you think, "Ha. I have something that other people want. But they can't have it, because it's mine."

In other words, it's based entirely on the envy and unhappiness of other people. Does that seem like a good way to live, a good way to practice being? I'm just saying.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline subcat

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:45:57 »
people don't just want these for their rarity though - the profile is highly acclaimed in terms of both aesthetic and feel, and the only alternate option for Topre. With all these community-made options for Topre hitting the market recently, it's only natural people want these. What, did you think the buyer would frame it?

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:53:23 »
ander,

You are presuming people are acquiring these as trophies.

They are acquiring them because they want to use them. They are arguably some of the best Topre caps available. The price reflects the intersection of supply and demand. The supply, in this case is freakishly low and the demand is at unprecendented levels. Auctions also artificially inflate prices - it only takes two motivated bidders to drive the price through the roof. Some artisan keycaps on eBay go upwards of $1600+ because so many people have been trying to acquire one literally for years.

This is about economics, not psychology. The people buying these items don't want to pay these prices, but they do because they have no other option. They would rather see these sets available to the whole community, but Topre refuses to do group buys.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:56:41 by amoswetherbee »

Offline alisonica

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 05:33:44 »
Strange, now I see Current Price: 69,000 yen (US$633.42)... Has USD dropped that much in only a few days?

Maybe... Did our president say anything to lower international confidence in the U.S.? (I know that's hard to imagine...)

The key caps and it isn't produced anymore. It was even rare when it was released since you needed a Japanese proxy. Normally it [cost] 250 Euro new.

IMHO, the idea of paying substantially more for something only because it's rare is a kind of mental illness.

Okay, you have a "rare" item—what does that mean? It means you have something few other people do—including, presumably, some people who'd really like to have it, but can't. So you look at this thing, and you think, "Ha. I have something that other people want. But they can't have it, because it's mine."

In other words, it's based entirely on the envy and unhappiness of other people. Does that seem like a good way to live, a good way to practice being? I'm just saying.

I bid 100,000Yen on that, and was outbid at 101,000Yen. That doesn’t mean I’m stupid, or have any sort of mental illness at all and this is clearly a small amount of money for me. Now I did that fair, I put 100,000 since the start. But that person who is “richer” but only wants to outbid by 1000yen, now that’s a mentally retarded person because he only wants to **** up everyone’s experience, and probably joined only because of my absurd offer. Whoever you are, I just want to tell you this: it’s scratched :) little fcker

Here’s my purchasing plan:
NIB - 250,000 Yen
Used - 100,000 Yen - Now up to 150,000
Nissho - 150,000 Yen

I’m bidding these prices on the next one that comes out, good luck trying to outbid me.

Also, if anyone wants to give up their white Realforce Hipro, look at the above prices ;P
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 January 2018, 05:54:17 by alisonica »

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 11:09:46 »
For 250,000 Yen, I'd personally commission Busgamer or another artisan to make me a custom dye-subbed set.

Offline alisonica

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 19:25:44 »
For 250,000 Yen, I'd personally commission Busgamer or another artisan to make me a custom dye-subbed set.

i've heard about those, are they that good?  might wanna try it out sometime ;D

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 06:48:25 »

I bid 100,000Yen on that, and was outbid at 101,000Yen. That doesn’t mean I’m stupid, or have any sort of mental illness at all and this is clearly a small amount of money for me. Now I did that fair, I put 100,000 since the start. But that person who is “richer” but only wants to outbid by 1000yen, now that’s a mentally retarded person because he only wants to **** up everyone’s experience, and probably joined only because of my absurd offer. Whoever you are, I just want to tell you this: it’s scratched :) little fcker

Here’s my purchasing plan:
NIB - 250,000 Yen
Used - 100,000 Yen - Now up to 150,000
Nissho - 150,000 Yen

I’m bidding these prices on the next one that comes out, good luck trying to outbid me.

Also, if anyone wants to give up their white Realforce Hipro, look at the above prices ;P

Damn you are ready to spend if you are willing to spend that much cash try that on mech market i am pretty sure you would get some reactions. orr just buy a Realforce 104UG
current
Coming soon

Offline alisonica

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 07:33:47 »
Damn you are ready to spend if you are willing to spend that much cash try that on mech market i am pretty sure you would get some reactions. orr just buy a Realforce 104UG

Mannn i've been trying for 3 months,

1) BeamingRobot sold his Nissho caps to his friend, i was literally 10 mins late.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/78fqa1/sghkmac_nissho_dyesubs_artisans_wotd_koala_trades/

2) The 108UW sold in November on Yahoo auctions jp got sniped within 4 minutes, I was literally sleeping while it got sniped. (Seller was dumb enough to put a 25000Yen Buyout haha)
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l416328268

Start date and time   :    November 11 (Sat) 23: 37
End date and time   :    November 11 (Saturday) 23: 41

3) This 108UW I lost as I thought 100,000 Yen was as far as anyone would go, if this particular winner had the balls to bid earlier, then I doubt he would've had the chance to win, but I literally lost by 1,000 Yen on the last possible second.

I believe I've just summed up all the major HiPro transactions that I've lost in the past 3 months.
So I guess maybe ranting about it here on this thread would make someone feel sorry for me and sell me his? Tearing up yet?  :'(

edit: What if the Seller of (3) was the Buyer of (2)?
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 January 2018, 07:43:42 by alisonica »

Offline subcat

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 03:35:12 »
i know the buyer of 2 and can confirm he is not the seller of 3

Offline alisonica

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 15:31:00 »
i know the buyer of 2 and can confirm he is not the seller of 3

Will you kindly ask him if he's willing to let it go for these prices? <3

Offline alisonica

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:11:30 »
I bow down to everyone on this holy Geekhack forums and pray that no one will outbid me this time. Please, Onegaishimasu, I promise to give massive giveaways after modding.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:49:07 »

Mannn i've been trying for 3 months,

1) BeamingRobot sold his Nissho caps to his friend, i was literally 10 mins late.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/78fqa1/sghkmac_nissho_dyesubs_artisans_wotd_koala_trades/

2) The 108UW sold in November on Yahoo auctions jp got sniped within 4 minutes, I was literally sleeping while it got sniped. (Seller was dumb enough to put a 25000Yen Buyout haha)
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l416328268

Start date and time   :    November 11 (Sat) 23: 37
End date and time   :    November 11 (Saturday) 23: 41

3) This 108UW I lost as I thought 100,000 Yen was as far as anyone would go, if this particular winner had the balls to bid earlier, then I doubt he would've had the chance to win, but I literally lost by 1,000 Yen on the last possible second.

I believe I've just summed up all the major HiPro transactions that I've lost in the past 3 months.
So I guess maybe ranting about it here on this thread would make someone feel sorry for me and sell me his? Tearing up yet?  :'(

edit: What if the Seller of (3) was the Buyer of (2)?

I don't get your goal. Do you want to have Hi Pro keyboard to type on or to collect a rare Hi Pro keyboard? Because i didn't get the answer you can just buy a Realforce 104UG for 270 Euro or maybe even cheaper from where ever you are. It's not worth spending so much on a keyboard unless you are a some sort of a collector. I will say there is nothing wrong with the Realforce 104UG the keycaps are even better then a nissho Hi Pro keycaps since those are made from ABS. You won't regret it :)
current
Coming soon

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:49:36 »
]
current
Coming soon

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:59:47 »
alisonica just wants a collection of rare keyboards. It likely has very little to do with actual typing. Collectors are rarely rational. :) It is more of a "gotta collect them all" mentality, because aliconica already has multiple HiPro boards, including white capped HiPro. I equate the desire to pay unreasonable amounts of money with the need for expensive handbags or shoes. It makes people feel special. Some people also take pleasure is making other's envious. I don't judge because a significant portion of our community has the same values, and even I will covet a rare board or two even if the typing experience is subpar.

Is the Nissho really ABS? I was almost certain it was PBT. How is ABS even possible? It is clearly dye-sublimated. They would have had to use completely different machinery to make ABS.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2018, 13:07:55 by amoswetherbee »

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 13:05:12 »
?

Offline alisonica

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 21:48:13 »
alisonica just wants a collection of rare keyboards. It likely has very little to do with actual typing. Collectors are rarely rational. :) It is more of a "gotta collect them all" mentality, because aliconica already has multiple HiPro boards, including white capped HiPro. I equate the desire to pay unreasonable amounts of money with the need for expensive handbags or shoes. It makes people feel special. Some people also take pleasure is making other's envious. I don't judge because a significant portion of our community has the same values, and even I will covet a rare board or two even if the typing experience is subpar.

Is the Nissho really ABS? I was almost certain it was PBT. How is ABS even possible? It is clearly dye-sublimated. They would have had to use completely different machinery to make ABS.

@sup: This :D

However, the main driving factor is the birth of the Norbaforce cases. If you’re gonna spend 384$ + Euro shipping and tax on a single case that will never be made again (I ordered 5 to help him reach MOQ faster), then you probably want a set of rare keps that will never be made again. Perhaps it’s just me, but i find HiPro keycap shapes to be mildly sensual as compared to GMK profiles. Justsystem released a crappy non-HiPro realforce RGB-but-without-RGB version this year.

But hey guys I love you all cause at first I thought I was becoming retarded for buying 2 razer keyboards, before falling into this Rabbithole and realizing that I’ve found my kind of people and a sense of belonging. So please if anyone finds a Nissho KB106DE, please help me obtain it!

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:13:59 »

I read it from a other guy that owns the Nissho Pro he can be wrong tho. He told me They are not thick PBT, to his understanding they are ABS, and about the same thickness as stock topre caps, although the construction is very different.
current
Coming soon

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:15:07 »

@sup: This :D

However, the main driving factor is the birth of the Norbaforce cases. If you’re gonna spend 384$ + Euro shipping and tax on a single case that will never be made again (I ordered 5 to help him reach MOQ faster), then you probably want a set of rare keps that will never be made again. Perhaps it’s just me, but i find HiPro keycap shapes to be mildly sensual as compared to GMK profiles. Justsystem released a crappy non-HiPro realforce RGB-but-without-RGB version this year.

But hey guys I love you all cause at first I thought I was becoming retarded for buying 2 razer keyboards, before falling into this Rabbithole and realizing that I’ve found my kind of people and a sense of belonging. So please if anyone finds a Nissho KB106DE, please help me obtain it!

Makes sense if i ever find a Nissho or a just systems board for sale i will hit you up :).
current
Coming soon

Offline alisonica

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:41:57 »
Makes sense if i ever find a Nissho or a just systems board for sale i will hit you up :).

Thx <333 everyone's so nice here.

Offline subcat

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:50:40 »

I read it from a other guy that owns the Nissho Pro he can be wrong tho. He told me They are not thick PBT, to his understanding they are ABS, and about the same thickness as stock topre caps, although the construction is very different.
That's incorrect, they're dyseubbed PBT, they just tend to shine if they haven't been cleaned in a while
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 February 2018, 16:55:08 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 09:32:09 »

Thx <333 everyone's so nice here.

Hey look at your private messages you have a second chance!
current
Coming soon

Offline 1391406

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 02:00:32 »
Why can't they just make more of these?
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 15:34:05 »
So...Did you win, alisonica? :)

Offline alisonica

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 15:52:24 »
So...Did you win, alisonica? :)

Lost by 1000 again :(

Jesus what’s going on lol. 151,000.

Offline alisonica

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 15:57:35 »
I’m so tilted but now I have come to a sudden realization that I can’t afford it anymore omg. So it went from an average of 25000yen to 101,000 and now a whopping 151,000. I do believe that I am dictating the price and am giving the winner a run for his money. I’m done boys, I’m done. Hope is a very dangerous thing. ;D

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 16:03:02 »
Someone must really love that janky JIS layout. It is truly aweful to type on in English and that spacebar drives me crazy.

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 20:16:50 »
They probably just want the caps to put on an HHKB or a keyboard with a layout a little less pus than JIS / OADG.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 20:58:22 »

Because it was a limited run with just systems and Topre. This year they have a limited version to but the only difference from the normal version is the label and 3 red colored keys.
current
Coming soon

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 21:51:12 »
December 2017's JustSystems model was also the first one using the new Realforce R2 case, which I suspect they will continue to use going forward. I'm not even sure if Topre plan to continue making Realforces with the old cases now :(

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 21:59:18 »

Because it was a limited run with just systems and Topre. This year they have a limited version to but the only difference from the normal version is the label and 3 red colored keys.

It also has the dye sublimated kana legends like the ZH0200. These legends are not printed on the regular R2 black.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 22:03:01 »
December 2017's JustSystems model was also the first one using the new Realforce R2 case, which I suspect they will continue to use going forward. I'm not even sure if Topre plan to continue making Realforces with the old cases now :(

This month Topre just released a metric butt-ton of restocked Realforce models to Leopold, including the white ANSI HiPro 104UK which is much nicer in my opinion than the 108UW. They even restocked some rare models like the 106 with the red backplate. It remains to be seen what date will be printed on the PCBs or whether this is the last restock of the legacy models before Topre completely jump ship to R2. Will have to wait and see but the writing appears to be on the wall.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 02:40:53 »
Is there a way to order from leopold and have it shipped to US?  Or do I need to find someone to proxy it for me?

Offline E3E

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:14:38 »

I got mine NIB for $200 or so a while back. This kind of bid warring is absolutely ridiculous. People looking for one need to relax and wait for a low priced opportunity. Prices on things in general are getting a bit out of hand.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 05:28:13 »
Show Image

I got mine NIB for $200 or so a while back. This kind of bid warring is absolutely ridiculous. People looking for one need to relax and wait for a low priced opportunity. Prices on things in general are getting a bit out of hand.

I doubt the prices will go back down after the extreme bid battles lol. When you search for the keyboard you get this forum page as first result.
current
Coming soon

Offline E3E

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 06:35:03 »
I doubt the prices will go back down after the extreme bid battles lol. When you search for the keyboard you get this forum page as first result.

It's so awful now, man. Prices are going crazy everywhere right now. Everyone has suddenly seemed to have lost their minds while simultaneously gaining very deep pockets.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 06:48:29 »

Crazy right? Next thing you know everyone will be throwing down their wallets to grab Zhuyin dyesubs!!

« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2018, 06:51:09 by Wetherbee »