Author Topic: Passive Income?  (Read 17129 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Passive Income?
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 13:28:25 »
Other then being a hostess, i deliver flyers. Its a good way to make easy cash quickly.  :D

how heavy are deep fryers ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 14:17:20 »
Other then being a hostess, i deliver flyers. Its a good way to make easy cash quickly.  :D

TP4 it's too early to be drinking, they said flyers not fryers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 15:41:11 »

TP4 it's too early to be drinking, they said flyers not fryers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Holy crap..  I could've sworn, I read  - I deliver deep fryers - ... !!

I thought it an odd thing, but I'd assume professional deep fryers distribution had their own delivery/setup protocol

Offline dbme

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 15:33:45 »
Damn people, now social media makes the biggest money! It is very nice that we can have such possibilities.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 16:32:32 »
Damn people, now social media makes the biggest money! It is very nice that we can have such possibilities.

When you have literally zero talent or ability but somehow have managed to manipulate strangers into supporting your unemployment. If being a useless drain on the planet is your thing...

We are creating an entire generation of useless self-centered expectant do nothing's, and I'm not going to support them one iota when their social media bull**** stops paying bills they have no right to be paying. When they discover people have moved on and they actually don't have any skills or talents.

The fact that this "job" is even MENTIONED is a passive income thread proves my point.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 August 2020, 16:35:53 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 16:43:06 »

When you have literally zero talent or ability but somehow have managed to manipulate strangers into supporting your unemployment. If being a useless drain on the planet is your thing...

We are creating an entire generation of useless self-centered expectant do nothing's, and I'm not going to support them one iota when their social media bull**** stops paying bills they have no right to be paying. When they discover people have moved on and they actually don't have any skills or talents.

The fact that this "job" is even MENTIONED is a passive income thread proves my point.

NT,  it's just prostitution lite, not glamourous, but it's always been a thing.

Lacking proper public education, a person haven't many choices, it's either  Waiter/Waitress, prostitution lite, or prostitution.

Arguably, young people who choose lite, is a cut above full. None of them are bad people.

The human hedonistic inefficiencies create oligarchies, oligarchies install wealth gaps, wealth gaps coincide education gaps, education gaps make poverty, poverty leads to dehumanizing occupations.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 17:18:35 »
That's not what bothers me. It's how successful social media people act like they are important or deserving of their success in any way when all they are doing is preying on the pocketbooks of others through sheer social manipulation, and how they think they got one over on the rest of the planet by circumnavigating any learning or hard work others go through to get to the financial position they had handed to them by people who are worse off than they are.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 17:35:28 »
That's not what bothers me. It's how successful social media people act like they are important or deserving of their success in any way when all they are doing is preying on the pocketbooks of others through sheer social manipulation, and how they think they got one over on the rest of the planet by circumnavigating any learning or hard work others go through to get to the financial position they had handed to them by people who are worse off than they are.

Their shallow interpretation of their circumstance is their business.

NT owns the shortcoming of letting such superficial lottery winners get under his skin.

NT knows better, his energy is better spent working out, getting a new fone, take some dik pix, send it to all the popular instagram models, then mining the h8er's energy to go viral.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 19:06:47 »
A few years ago there was a kid (guy? he was about 25 going on about 14) who worked at my company and constantly came up with money-making schemes, mostly hare-brained at best or just plain stupid.

I tired to befriend him and gently demonstrate the implausibility of his ideas, for example my kids and I have done some kitchen-table "art" silk-screening T-shirts. When he got excited about selling screen printed clothing, I actually brought in a screen, some ink, and a blank T-shirt which I printed on a table in the break room. I hoped that it would show him what the actual real-world mechanics of it looked like and give him an anchor point.

His response was to tell me how he needed to recruit some "important" "influencers" to push his merchandise. Did I mention that he was not at all artistic and did not have any catchy ideas for images to actually print on the clothing?

Just about then my wife and I watched a documentary on the Fire Island Music Festival, and how it was a complete disaster on every level. (off-topic - Why did they even bother with a few tents and some grilled cheese sandwiches? It was far more embarrassing to do that than to just take the money and run.)

So brought that up to him as an example of the horror of idiots following their "influencers" but yes, he had seen it and saw it as a triumph of the power of influencers on the internet!

I threw up my hands. Honesty and truth had not risen to the level of being visible on his radar screen.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline JP

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 23:12:26 »
A few years ago there was a kid (guy? he was about 25 going on about 14) who worked at my company and constantly came up with money-making schemes, mostly hare-brained at best or just plain stupid.

I tired to befriend him and gently demonstrate the implausibility of his ideas, for example my kids and I have done some kitchen-table "art" silk-screening T-shirts. When he got excited about selling screen printed clothing, I actually brought in a screen, some ink, and a blank T-shirt which I printed on a table in the break room. I hoped that it would show him what the actual real-world mechanics of it looked like and give him an anchor point.

His response was to tell me how he needed to recruit some "important" "influencers" to push his merchandise. Did I mention that he was not at all artistic and did not have any catchy ideas for images to actually print on the clothing?

Just about then my wife and I watched a documentary on the Fire Island Music Festival, and how it was a complete disaster on every level. (off-topic - Why did they even bother with a few tents and some grilled cheese sandwiches? It was far more embarrassing to do that than to just take the money and run.)

So brought that up to him as an example of the horror of idiots following their "influencers" but yes, he had seen it and saw it as a triumph of the power of influencers on the internet!

I threw up my hands. Honesty and truth had not risen to the level of being visible on his radar screen.

You might think this kid is hopeless but I say he is destined for upper level management.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:27:48 »

You might think this kid is hopeless but I say he is destined for upper level management.

The kind of individual that they make golden parachutes for.

I read about a seminar that included leaders from only fortune 500 companies.  One of the questions was "If you could make 5x your profits in 1 year, but be out of business in 3, or steadily increase to 2.5x your profits in 5 years and have a stable company which would you choose?"

Sadly, I think it's pretty obvious which one most of the room chose.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 12:19:47 »

"If you could make 5x your profits in 1 year, but be out of business in 3

I look at that as truly evil and cynical, because these were obviously mature and intelligent men making deliberate choices, while I feel that the kid I was describing was simply so transcendentally stupid and/or so lacking in moral or ethical education that he did not really comprehend the difference between right and wrong, and/or could not recognize wrong when he looked at it.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline yuppie

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 12:28:43 »
Back on the investment train, it's probably the most passive thing you can get into. Ask yourself, "Will this stock be worth more or less money in the next 3 - 5 years?". If more, then buy it now and just forget about it.

On real-estate investments, people like to claim it's passive but it's not. It is a very good way to make some extra income or build equity. It can become passive if you get a property management company to handle the tenants.

Now, this whole Amazon Drop Shipping thing is anything but passive. It's actually a lot of work. I went to a little seminar a while ago and it's better than a lot of other jobs out there but it's still a job. Just like buying barrels of glitter and repackaging them into smaller bags to sell to strip clubs. Sounds like a good amount of time invested.

There is usually going to be a lot of up-front time invested in order to make a revenue stream fully automated or passive. I think it'd be much better to find something you like doing with your time and maybe making money with it. Like growing micro-greens in your garage / closet and selling them at farmer's markets or restaurants. Art is great. Make that.

"Passive" income is kind of misleading. Even buying stocks takes some effort, but if the stock goes up over some period of time, you didn't do anything but click a few buttons and risk a few dollars to profit off that growth.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 14:01:11 »
Back on the investment train, it's probably the most passive thing you can get into. Ask yourself, "Will this stock be worth more or less money in the next 3 - 5 years?". If more, then buy it now and just forget about it.

On real-estate investments, people like to claim it's passive but it's not. It is a very good way to make some extra income or build equity. It can become passive if you get a property management company to handle the tenants.

Now, this whole Amazon Drop Shipping thing is anything but passive. It's actually a lot of work. I went to a little seminar a while ago and it's better than a lot of other jobs out there but it's still a job. Just like buying barrels of glitter and repackaging them into smaller bags to sell to strip clubs. Sounds like a good amount of time invested.

There is usually going to be a lot of up-front time invested in order to make a revenue stream fully automated or passive. I think it'd be much better to find something you like doing with your time and maybe making money with it. Like growing micro-greens in your garage / closet and selling them at farmer's markets or restaurants. Art is great. Make that.

"Passive" income is kind of misleading. Even buying stocks takes some effort, but if the stock goes up over some period of time, you didn't do anything but click a few buttons and risk a few dollars to profit off that growth.

Tp4 also gambling, chk out Tp4 gambling thread Tsla PRINTTTTNT

Offline JP

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 08:30:31 »

I look at that as truly evil and cynical, because these were obviously mature and intelligent men making deliberate choices, while I feel that the kid I was describing was simply so transcendentally stupid and/or so lacking in moral or ethical education that he did not really comprehend the difference between right and wrong, and/or could not recognize wrong when he looked at it.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 08:48:29 »

This is the largest thing.  There's always research and due diligence and set up costs, no matter how "passive" the activity is.  And there's some level of maintenance- taking the investments, you have to keep your eye on them even if they're something that you're investing in for the long haul.  Companies' fortunes rise and fall, and your invested money is subject to the same tides.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 09:23:28 »

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski

Your big-brain thoughts on  AMD Long,  Retail dips.

Offline JP

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 10:24:55 »

I am so disgusted at myself. I was going to put money into AMD back when it was < $4 a share but had trouble setting up my brokerage account. At the time work was stressing me out and was suffering from depression and I gave up too soon. Every time you bring up AMD is a painful reminder of that time. I would hold onto AMD if I were you.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2020, 10:27:38 by JP »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 11:40:08 »

I am so disgusted at myself. I was going to put money into AMD back when it was < $4 a share but had trouble setting up my brokerage account. At the time work was stressing me out and was suffering from depression and I gave up too soon. Every time you bring up AMD is a painful reminder of that time. I would hold onto AMD if I were you.

Kekeke.. Opportunities everyday..  we got gold' all over the floor righ now.  Just gotta flex some Brain p0wr.

Wild west land grab.

BBY may be ready to blast off.

Problem right now is the gigantic NVDA/TSLA bubble.   If they pop, we can expect 3 to 6% Dip in all the neighbors.   This is problematic because  the gain for a week up to earnings is only 5-10%.  And it takes 2 days minimum before funds refocus.

Timing is really tight, the bubble shrinking the window.  It's a foggier window.