Author Topic: [GB] Bushi - Tactile switch based from GMK Red Samurai's color  (Read 45845 times)

Offline anonymous

[GB] Bushi - Tactile switch based from GMK Red Samurai's color
« on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 01:40:06 »
Based from GMK Red Samurai's Colorway
Disclaimer: This IC/GB is not affiliated to RedSuns, the designer of GMK Red Samurai. But I have his permission to use the colors for these custom switches

Join here -> GB Form: https://forms.gle/DtP4ic1yJBNaGeAVA

Red Stem, Yellow Housing
Tactile, 67g bottom out
Nylon PA Bottom, Polycarbonate Top, POM Stem
These are recolored T1s. Tactility is comparable with Holy Pandas
Force Curve and Technical Specs: https://i.imgur.com/NPVlrtk.jpg

Some Info:
  • Manufactured by Durock
  • Tactile and Linear will be available
  • Housing Material: Nylon PA Bottom, Polycarbonate Top, POM Stem (No factory lube)
  • Both are 67g bottom-out
  • MoQ: 10,000
  • Pricing: Tactile: $0.5/pc (includes paypal fees)
  • Shipping Cost: Please refer to the table below
  • MoQ per person: 10pcs (additional in multiples of 10)
  • GB ends December 23 31, 2019
  • Estimated fulfillment date: January February or March 2020
  • Shipping transit time: 12-17 days for most countries (I've only experience delays when shipping to Czech Republic)

# Join here -> GB Form (this is a new GB form that doesn't have the linear switch as an option. If you wish to join the GB even without the linear switch, please respond here): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhuMoYaBYg4iWU2RdAfU5jrvsAgj3qSKp234RaIO3QT7JrDg/viewform?usp=sf_link

# Invoices will be sent via paypal once there is enough responses on the GB form

# Discord Server: https://discord.gg/cgt2H6C

Thank you in advance for joining this GB! Let's make it happen  :thumb:

02/18/2020 Update

Hello guys! Sorry for the dead silence in this post. I've been sending updates via email but forgot to post an update here.

Order for 10,000 switches is already paid since last week. The invoice from Durock was delayed due to CNY + Coronavirus outbreak. Not all 10,000 is already taken, some were ordered as extras. So those who were late and still wants them, I'll sell the extras once all orders were received.

Regarding timeline, the production schedule is affected by the virus outbreak. I am still waiting for an updated timeline from Durock
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2020, 07:08:41 by anonymous »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline nuclear_wizard

Manufactured by Durock

That's gonna be a no from me dawg.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Manufactured by Durock

I used to be like, than I found out some more "information". There's a lot of finger pointing and hearsay between all parties. At this point, it's hard to say who is at fault or if one switch manufacturer just made up claims to hurt his competitor. One thing is certain though, Durock makes great switches.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

Can someone point me to the controversy around Durock ?

Offline nuclear_wizard

Manufactured by Durock

I used to be like, than I found out some more "information". There's a lot of finger pointing and hearsay between all parties. At this point, it's hard to say who is at fault or if one switch manufacturer just made up claims to hurt his competitor. One thing is certain though, Durock makes great switches.

I've been through the messages that the guy from Durock showed screenshots from and agree that there is a lot of finger pointing/he said, she said; but at the end of the day they knowingly (imo) lied and misled companies and customers.

I don't think anyone here is interested in rehashing the drama because at this point, if you know about it, you've already made your decision on whether you want to support their products or not. Nobody is changing hearts and minds on this thread (it's certainly not my intention) and that's not what it's for anyways. I only commented originally to say that I'm not going to support a product from this manufacturer.

I mean the fact that they were able to sell their products as switches priced at $1+ and it took so long for people to notice is a testament to their switches quality, but I just don't want to personally support a company willing to pull their shenanigans.

Again, just to head off any arguments that anyone wants to make that they don't see anything that such and such company did as a problem given whatever business practices, blah, blah, blah: I don't care. I'm not trying to lead a charge for everyone to boycott this company's products, just giving my input into why I won't join the GB.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor

Manufactured by Durock

I've been through the messages that the guy from Durock showed screenshots from and agree that there is a lot of finger pointing/he said, she said; but at the end of the day they knowingly (imo) lied and misled companies and customers.

I don't think anyone here is interested in rehashing the drama because at this point, if you know about it, you've already made your decision on whether you want to support their products or not. Nobody is changing hearts and minds on this thread (it's certainly not my intention) and that's not what it's for anyways. I only commented originally to say that I'm not going to support a product from this manufacturer.

I mean the fact that they were able to sell their products as switches priced at $1+ and it took so long for people to notice is a testament to their switches quality, but I just don't want to personally support a company willing to pull their shenanigans.

Again, just to head off any arguments that anyone wants to make that they don't see anything that such and such company did as a problem given whatever business practices, blah, blah, blah: I don't care. I'm not trying to lead a charge for everyone to boycott this company's products, just giving my input into why I won't join the GB.

Well said and I'm glad you are able to stand by your convictions.

Offline blakstealth

Hm, good to know about the history of the manufacturer. Might still try them out, though.

Offline anonymous

Hey guys! If you want to join, please answer the form as soon as possible since invoices will only be sent once there's enough responses on the gb form. Thanks in advance

We're currently at 25% of MoQ for tactile and 15% of MoQ for linear

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
Hey, is there a color sample avail? :)

Offline anonymous

There is none, sadly. However, I will make sure that it will match GMK Red Samurai. Before mass production, I will ask them to send me a sample. If ever they have a hard time color matching, I am willing to send some of my red samurai keycaps to the factory to have a reference.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..

There is none, sadly. However, I will make sure that it will match GMK Red Samurai. Before mass production, I will ask them to send me a sample. If ever they have a hard time color matching, I am willing to send some of my red samurai keycaps to the factory to have a reference.

Ok cool, imo i would have liked to see one before and i know they don't charge that much for a color sample ;)
But i am great fan of there tactile switch, just hope they can match the brown/beige properly  ^-^

Offline anonymous

Ok cool, imo i would have liked to see one before and i know they don't charge that much for a color sample ;)
But i am great fan of there tactile switch, just hope they can match the brown/beige properly  ^-^

It's not possible to get color samples unless the order is placed. I asked them many times if they can give me samples before placing the MoQ order but they said that I need to place the bulk order first.

Offline Bubblegum

This could use some more advertising if it's going to make it!

Offline svenge

Hi, just want to clarify this is just a re-color T1 or if the material is any different from the T1's currently on the market - I have inventory of the "smokey" housing T1's with grey stems as well as the teal/green stem ones.

There is also availability on drop right now for a clear/purple "Everglide Crystal Violet" switches which are apparently a lighter variant of the T1's also being made by Durock.
Mostly just curious.  If I didn't already have inventory I would buy in, I love the T1 switch, but not enough to buy a simple re-color.

Edit:. I just realized the Koala switch is similar to this... I think those have full nylon housings rather than a poly top.  So it's like half T1 / half koala?  Interesting...
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 08:55:26 by svenge »

Offline dilkROM

Re: [GB] Bushi - Tactile switch based from GMK Red Samurai's color
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 14:00:09 »
Forgive me for the beginner question here, but how do these work with LEDs? Partially shine-through or none at all?

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 19:21:02 »
Will these come prelubed?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord

There is also availability on drop right now for a clear/purple "Everglide Crystal Violet" switches which are apparently a lighter variant of the T1's also being made by Durock.

Everglide and durock are just brands reselling from the same factory behind the scenes. The factory in question is JWK aka JWick. C3 uses this same factory, so does marshmallow.

Offline CPU_Cartel

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 17:30:07 »
So when are the invoices going to be sent? Or how much until MoQ?
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 December 2019, 05:53:27 by CPU_Cartel »

Offline YangYoga

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 00:45:00 »
Any news?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 00:11:02 »
Any news?

I think this GB has been abandoned because it didn't reach MOQ, but I hope I'm wrong. OP, please send us an update.

Offline Ac1221

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 14:08:40 »
i will be super upset if this GB end up not happening, pls give us an update luv the color way of the switch.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline dilkROM

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 16:02:56 »
Not sure if it matters or helps MOQ much, but I had forgot to (re)enter since the new form went up. Did so now, hope I'm not too late... went in for 12 packs so that's another 120 switches added.

An update would be rad, like others said! :)

Offline RobK_aka

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 16:47:14 »
Just sent in a form for 180 switches. Hope I'm not too late!

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 07:53:46 »
Just got an invoice. Op has been silent for ages. A bit weird.

Offline Magnificent Bureaucrat

• Sooooo much red tape
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 10:57:38 »

Same. It would be nice to get a public update of how things are going before pulling the trigger on paypal.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:09:55 »

Same. It would be nice to get a public update of how things are going before pulling the trigger on paypal.

Same for me. I sent a message on Reddit but no response. Invoice also state "If you want to change your order, please send me an email or private message so that I can edit the invoice" but only contact details are reddit, GH and Discord. No email?? So an update with current numbers would be nice.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 06:51:22 »
Hello guys! Sorry for the dead silence in this post. I've been sending updates via email but forgot to post an update here.

Order for 10,000 switches is already paid since last week. The invoice from Durock was delayed due to CNY + Coronavirus outbreak. Not all 10,000 is already taken, some were ordered as extras. So those who were late and still wants them, I'll sell the extras once all orders were received.

Regarding timeline, the production schedule is affected by the virus outbreak. I am still waiting for an updated timeline from Durock

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 14:26:21 »
Interested in getting some extras for an upcoming build, how would we go about procuring them?
Thanks!

Offline anonymous

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 23:53:41 »
Interested in getting some extras for an upcoming build, how would we go about procuring them?
Thanks!

I'll sell them on r/mm once all orders are shipped and received by the gb participants

Offline anonymous

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 08:52:12 »
Color samples will be available at the last week of March, according to Durock. Their production capacity is still limited to the virus outbreak.

I will post pictures of the samples once I have them.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 06:08:07 »
April 2, 2020 Update:

Hi guys, this is the latest reply from Durock (which is from yesterday).

Color samples are still unavailable. And this is not only for this order but also for other pending orders of custom colored switches.
At this point, I cannot give a definite timeline on when these switches will be finished and shipped out. Not only because production is delayed but also because some countries already suspended international flights coming from China, including the Philippines.

I will post another update after a week or two. And hopefully it will be a good update.

Take care guys, I hope you are okay in this time of global crisis.

Offline japancakes

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 23:23:49 »
Stoked when these eventually show up and I completely forgot  :cool:

Offline anonymous

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 04:29:29 »
Still no update from Durock

Offline japancakes

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 16:40:43 »
ResidentSleeper

I thought most factories were back on it by now? Weird for them to have no response. I don't need these switches for a while (July?) but at this point I'm wondering if it'll go past that.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 11:07:09 »
I asked for a specific explanation on why the color matching is being delayed. Because I am also not sure what is the problem they are facing right now. Let's hope there will be progress soon.

Offline YangYoga

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 01:40:20 »
Any updates?

Offline anonymous

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 02:19:46 »
Hello guys. There is still no progress on production as of the moment. Not sure if it is really that many but my contact says they have 100 custom color orders that needs color matching. And that includes a custom silent linear switch (I am assuming she is referring to Ghost switches, or Serikos)

I believe those switches are also facing the same delay this GB is facing. I hope that many of you will understand and patiently wait. As soon as there is progress in color matching/production, I will post it here and in discord.

Offline japancakes

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 23:33:20 »
How's this going?

Offline schlep

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 09:03:26 »
Any updates?

Offline anonymous

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 07:24:58 »
Sorry for not updating this thread. Last major update was the color sample photos provided Durock which I sent to GB participants via email.

Current update:
According to Durock, production of our order might finish by the end of the month. I recently received the actual sample switches. I will provide a color comparison with the GMK Red Samurai keycaps within the week

Offline _senya

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 12:21:29 »
Any updates? All the parts for my next build came, waiting only for these switches.

Offline japancakes

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 17:05:28 »
Just received a fat bag of these

256600-0