Author Topic: [GB] SA Oblivion - CONCLUDED  (Read 280174 times)

Offline smart5088

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (MassDrop poll live, 11 fresh previews created, 23.10.2016)
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 09:10:25 »
this keycaps looks like good image. !

interest.!

Offline zool

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Updated Kits, now with specialties, 19.10.2016)
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 30 October 2016, 10:30:31 »
Also gonna investigate the GIT logo situation, will send an E-Mail  to them tomorrow.

The git logo has Creative commons Attribution 3.0 Unported licence.

You just have to include a credit and (I think) a URI to original creator for the creation of the logo for that keycap when you distribute it.
src: https://git-scm.com/downloads/logos

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (MassDrop poll live, 11 fresh previews created, 23.10.2016)
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 22:17:58 »
New changes:

- FUNCTION instead of CONTROL as the CAPS LOCK alternative in the regular modifier kits. CONTROL I find doesn't work as good since it's short form CTRL has different functionality than what that key would be used for.
- I've decided to split the Numpad after all. I received pricing from SP and my previous argument of how combining order numbers for a better MOQ drop point that would make it just as cheap doesn't hold up with the drop points they have given me. Naming is subject to change, 'Numpad Quarry' and 'Numpad Hagoromo' felt a bit long, calc.exe v1 and calc.exe v2 too abstract and rather confusing. Suggestions welcome!

The project website is coming along nicely, hope to be able to share that one soon, though there is nothing new there, just an easier format for looking at the set and sharing with friends and others.

Lastly, I'm looking to order the color chips very soon. I've compiled a list of alternative colors that I want to check out in real life, YY and RDA are highly unlikely to be actual candidates though, but there aren't many shades for those colors and I wanted to get more than just one for those, you never know. If you have any suggestions, speak now or forever hold your peace. Unless someone donates more after this order, I don't feel like paying 15$ shipping, 2-3 weeks wait time and custom fees a second time  :) I'm looking at a 70 euro bill as it already is. The first in the lines are the current candidates I have listed so far.

« Last Edit: Sat, 05 November 2016, 22:34:50 by Oblotzky »

Offline Anuk

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 20:51:24 »
Looks awesome, I also really like the Oblivion IDE theme  ;)

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 23:24:20 »
PLEASE put a R3 full touch Control in the Tsangan set, at least. I'd hate to have a stupid Function legend

Offline pschoen

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 02:52:48 »
will there be also a white ISO addon?

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 02:59:48 »
love it !
HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 03:28:42 »
Really Nice.. Looking forward the renders to have a better idea on how it will look like

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 22:14:36 »
Voted. Really love the Ergodox kit.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 04:41:37 »
Well I'm in

Offline WASD_Greg

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 06:56:36 »
This really is a great looking set with the potential to become a true classic.

May I suggest adding an Esc and Enter key in ON color with WFM legends to the Monochrome Regular Modifiers kit.

This would allow for some nice subtle accents for those who like that. Two additional keys shouldn’t affect the price much either. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 06:59:48 »

May I suggest adding an Esc and Enter key in ON color with WFM legends to the Monochrome Regular Modifiers kit.

This would allow for some nice subtle accents for those who like that. Two additional keys shouldn’t affect the price much either. Just my 2 cents.

Not a terrible idea actually, and I can see where you get that from  ;)  I'll do some mockups and see how it looks. I'm mostly focused on getting the renders done at the moment. Should have something substantial by the weekend (I hope).

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:03:23 »

Seconded!

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 07:14:14 »

Seconded!

yeah, sounds neat

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 17:11:57 »
I would really like to see this make it to GB state. I'm not sure why it hasn't yet though. Seems a real shame MD didn't pick up on it.
It's really the first time I've seen multi-color legend options on an SA keyset aside from Penumbra and not including 7bits Round 7 which will take 2 years to complete.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 19:10:06 »
It's really the first time I've seen multi-color legend options on an SA keyset aside from Penumbra and not including 7bits Round 7 which will take 2 years to complete.

This is really the crux of it :<

I want my multi-color legends.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 21:12:59 »
I would really like to see this make it to GB state. I'm not sure why it hasn't yet though. Seems a real shame MD didn't pick up on it.

Things take time :) MD doesn't drop sets right away but spreads them out, they do 1 or 2 sets a month currently from both GMK and SP from what I can tell. The schedule for 2017 is being prepared which I hope Oblivion will be part of. There are other designs that have been floating around longer as well as some re-runs (e.g. SA Carbon Round 2 will happen). It's been exactly two months now since I opened this Interest Check, that's pretty short so far in comparison. Dasher/Dancer is launching in December, 10 months after zslane opened his IC, Chocolatier was 8 months, Godspeed a full year. There is noone who would want this set sooner than I, but in this hobby we have to be very patient!

Thanks for showing your interest  :thumb:

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 21:52:21 »
Would it be possible for the alphas to have a smaller font size (like they were on SA retro)?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 22:38:08 »
i would sell all my pulse caps for this

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 00:26:43 »

Things take time :) MD doesn't drop sets right away but spreads them out, they do 1 or 2 sets a month currently from both GMK and SP from what I can tell. The schedule for 2017 is being prepared which I hope Oblivion will be part of. There are other designs that have been floating around longer as well as some re-runs (e.g. SA Carbon Round 2 will happen). It's been exactly two months now since I opened this Interest Check, that's pretty short so far in comparison. Dasher/Dancer is launching in December, 10 months after zslane opened his IC, Chocolatier was 8 months, Godspeed a full year. There is noone who would want this set sooner than I, but in this hobby we have to be very patient!

Thank you for you info. It seems there is a long queue waiting for a run.
 Is this heared from MD?

Offline olieatstofu

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 02:02:37 »
That planck kit  ;D

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #221 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 13:44:38 »

Thanks for the info. Would it actually just be possible to keep an eye on massdrop once in a while through 2017 or are there are place on massdrop where you can actually see the queue?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 14:40:45 »

Thanks for the info. Would it actually just be possible to keep an eye on massdrop once in a while through 2017 or are there are place on massdrop where you can actually see the queue?

This thread would be best  ;)

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 14:26:12 »
Project page with renders and stuff, also updated first post. All renders were done by myself.

https://oblotzky.github.io/Oblivion/

Color chips are somewhere stuck in customs in Germany, should have them soon and be able to finalize the colors when seeing them in real life. I switched the blue tone from BBJ to BFJ for now, wanted something less neon, more calm.

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 14:37:33 by Oblotzky »

Offline DannyHuynh

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Renders and dedicated project page added, 05.12.2016)
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:02:34 »
Please make the ergodox keys all come with legends  :D :D

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:26:57 »
 :eek: :thumb:
Looks amazing. Can't wait for this set.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:35:18 »
well, this is going to hurt my wallet...

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:38:17 »
New renders are outstanding, I can't wait to pick up this set for the ErgoDox.

Offline ishtob

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 16:31:51 »
i love the color scheme of this set

Offline poolside

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 16:48:19 »
Classy set and nice renders! :thumb:

How about Cobalt for the next syntax-highlighting-scheme-inspired keyset?

Offline dsaf

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 16:53:48 »
Nice renders! Did you make them yourself from scratch?

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #231 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 16:58:44 »
one of the best renders i've ever seen, too real.

I always skip the SA keysets, but this set is too good even i'm a big fan of GMK.

might be my first SA keyset  :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 17:00:06 »
Nice renders! Did you make them yourself from scratch?

A friend helped me with modeling the keys, but otherwise it's the result of countless hours of me messing around  ;)

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 17:24:34 »
truly amazing renders, my hats off to you.

This will definitely be something I invest in once the wallet has recovered!

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 00:41:14 »
Project page with renders and stuff, also updated first post. All renders were done by myself.

https://oblotzky.github.io/Oblivion/

Color chips are somewhere stuck in customs in Germany, should have them soon and be able to finalize the colors when seeing them in real life. I switched the blue tone from BBJ to BFJ for now, wanted something less neon, more calm.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

WTF ?? I can't breathe, i'm dying of excitement RIP
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 12:55:27 »
The color chips have landed! I will be taking these with me during the holidays and do proper photos with my dad's DSLR and sleep many nights over what chips I will finalize, though the ones I had picked so far are pretty spot on to what I imagined. Also, I would have never thought that i'd be upset about getting keys, I'd much rather have OBC as a chip as well.

They do make a fine bracelet so far
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 December 2016, 13:44:13 by Oblotzky »

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 14:54:13 »
Hmm, I totally had no idea that the color gray is gay  :-[ :-[

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 15:08:03 »

Dude, i'm so into gay
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 21:47:44 »

Dude, i'm so into gay

Gay me up over here!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 02:51:30 »
Uh, I don't think this will matter really but I just remembered that the Oblivion theme doesn't actually include the orange color. I changed that myself about a year ago as I wanted if/else/while/for etc to stand out in a different color  :rolleyes: So it's Oblivion Modified to be precise.

Edit:
Also, I finally got around to sending that email regarding the Git logo permission.

I'm out of the office on family leave and am not able to respond to my email.
Please contact Karen Sandler (karen@sfconservancy.org) with any urgent items.

I wouldn't say this is urgent so I'll update whenever something comes back.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 December 2016, 03:06:23 by Oblotzky »

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 06:36:00 »
Nice one, I'm in for SA with ISO kit.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 09:40:48 »
Dasher & Dancer SA is to be delivered in July 2017. I guess we still have a year or two to save up. ;)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 14:36:10 »
Dasher & Dancer SA is to be delivered in July 2017. I guess we still have a year or two to save up. ;)
Signature plastic seriously need to step up their game. This is unacceptable by now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Maybee

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 15:20:30 »
Voted, and I can't wait for this set. The dark set has my name all over it. :p
Build In progress. B.face X2-67g R4 Zeals-SA HyperFuse

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 19:47:51 »
A couple changes I have made recently, project page is out of date therefor until I have made new renders.

#1 FN in SDK has received the appropriate modifier color, thanks jessica/brazzers for pointing that out

#2 R1 DEL / END / PAGE DOWN have been added to the TKL to support 1800 and 96key layouts, although I feel it would be more appropriate in the Numpad kit as anyone needing these three keys will also have a Numpad, while not everyone getting the TKL will need these as R1, or am I mistaken? Is there any keyboard that does not have a numpad but needs any of these three keys in R1?

#3 ALT GR has been removed from both UK and International sets in favor of change #4. Also I am aware that the UK and International kit both do not support Git and Monochrome themes. This would add two ISO Enter keys and two short Shift keys, bumping the price of both kits by around 10$. Rather have change #4 again. Also no more Z key in the International kit, rotate the R2 key from the Alphas by 180 degrees, it's perfectly symmetrical (checked on my Nantucket)

#4 Let's do Colemak&Dvorak and International in both Quarry and Hagoromo. I believe in you guys!

I'm now trying to rework Ergodox a little. People have requested legends on the currently blank keys, will probably have a few variations to pick from in the new year.

Edit: Oh, and I wanted to do those mockups with ON colored Enter/Esc keys. I'm not really into the idea of adding more keys, but I'll at least give it a chance by doing those mockups or even renders.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 December 2016, 20:22:17 by Oblotzky »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 22:54:28 »
wow. holy ****, this is the holy grail of SA sets for me. to think i almost got caught up in all that Chronicler nonsense  :rolleyes:
cannot wait to spend all my money on every kit available  :thumb:

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 23:29:46 »
I know this is complex set for ISO, but is there any chance of an ISO enter and shift key with the grey text?

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 23:56:31 »
is there any chance we can get minila compatibility ? :3

Offline Saiph

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 00:04:49 »
#2 R1 DEL / END / PAGE DOWN have been added to the TKL to support 1800 and 96key layouts, although I feel it would be more appropriate in the Numpad kit as anyone needing these three keys will also have a Numpad, while not everyone getting the TKL will need these as R1, or am I mistaken? Is there any keyboard that does not have a numpad but needs any of these three keys in R1?
It's not necessary, but I do prefer having the R1 DEL for 75%. I like having delete next to backspace :).

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 02:07:02 »
#3 ALT GR has been removed from both UK and International sets in favor of change #4.
You lost me there. Is there any international (European) layout that will work without AltGr key?

Edit: Ah, wait, there are of course the Git keys, Meta and a few more. That'll do I suppose.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2016, 02:18:26 by fax668 »