Author Topic: Howto? Deactivate the Buzzer on my Tipro KMX128A?  (Read 3032 times)

Offline vlgstlt

Howto? Deactivate the Buzzer on my Tipro KMX128A?
« on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:20:26 »
Hello Geekhack!

:)

is there a way to deactivate the "schrill" sounding Buzzer/Beep Tone when i press more than 3 Buttons at the same time?

Didnt found anything in the CHANGEME Software!

Tipro
USB
TMC-KMCV-C10-067
KMX128A

Thanks

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Howto? Deactivate the Buzzer on my Tipro KMX128A?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:27:47 »
Is it coming from the computer or from the Tipro itself?  If it's the latter, it's likely just a cheap piezoelectric speaker or something similar on the inside of the case that you can desolder.  I haven't opened one up, so I can't say for certain, but that's what my guess would be.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:28:51 »
That buzzer is because the Tipro is no more than 2KRO anywhere in the matrix. Sham really.

Offline vlgstlt

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 13:42:59 »
The Beep comes from the Board itself. I guessed it would involve some Desoldering!

Meh...

:)

thx

Offline zulios

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 01:40:04 »
It involves desoldering indeed.
There is a round black thingy on the controller you need to remove. Pretty easy, I did it several times although I am extremely bad at this.

Tipro matrix - mx black

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 06:56:03 »
Desoldering the black minimal speaker at the controller board is best solution, hower I heard from people who take a pliers to get off.

For me desoldering the speaker is the first thing I do with my tipro boards when I get them.

Offline vlgstlt

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 11:15:22 »
Desoldering the black minimal speaker at the controller board is best solution, hower I heard from people who take a pliers to get off.

For me desoldering the speaker is the first thing I do with my tipro boards when I get them.

Ok! disassembled my Tipro made some pictures...

Can you point me in the right direction?

If i go the pliers way? Where to set the cut? There Seems like no space under the Piezo?

thx

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 11:25:25 »
Those two screws on the board should let you pop that board off and get to the underside.  That big round black thing is your buzzer and you should be able to desolder it from the bottom of the board.  Since the pictures are really low resolution, I can't really say anything more than that.

Offline Scoox

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 08:42:40 »
I also own this model, mine was making a strange, almost inaudible, buzzing noise when a mouse was connected to one of the USB ports on the back of the keyboard. I used a magnetic pickup to find out where the noise was coming from and it was the buzzer. Apparently there is some crosstalk between the wires feeding the buzzer and the USB data lines, which caused the idle noise. Eventually I desoldered the buzzer, which I didn't need anyway, and the problem went away. So if the buzzer is annoying you in any way, just remove it.