Author Topic: Trying to repair a hotswap socket, with a complication (Epomaker RT100)  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Suds

I've got an Epomaker RT100 that doesn't work, and when I opened it up I found this:

Now it's my understanding that when hotswap sockets break they usually only break that key, they don't kill the whole thing. But that's the situation that I have here, the keyboard doesn't turn on or do anything. There's no other visible damage to any of the circuit boards.

If you look closely at the picture, you can see that the socket didn't merely pull away from the circuit board, it also took a little piece with it on the side. And it's my guess that the little piece there is a broken trace and that's what the real problem is.

I can do some very basic soldering but I don't really know what I'm doing here so I thought I'd ask for advice. What do you all think?

Offline Exquite

• GeekAnubis
Re: Trying to repair a hotswap socket, with a complication (Epomaker RT100)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 23:46:38 »
I think you could test it by pushing that socket against that soldered joint. I once have a broken socket and I just soldered it again right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a Color lover and a designer.