Author Topic: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - GB Ended, Fulfillment Early November  (Read 251358 times)

Offline Sazuke9

Re: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - GB Ended, Fulfillment Late October
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 08:52:50 »
Still looking for a buyer. Need to sell my Cloud White spot. If anyone interested then please contact me via Discord: Amino
#5893 :)

If it doesn't work out for you here, then post it over on the mechmarket discord page. I'm sure someone over there will pick it up pretty quick.
Will do, thanks!

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #251 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 08:56:35 »
Still looking for a buyer. Need to sell my Cloud White spot. If anyone interested then please contact me via Discord: Amino

If it doesn't work out for you here, then post it over on the mechmarket discord page. I'm sure someone over there will pick it up pretty quick.

Personally, i just don't trust it.  I want a cloud white kit, but I can't trust this person to change address when they don't exactly seem to be honest about why they're selling their spot in the first place.
PM => Pay with Paypal Good and Services => then I will contact the gb runner to change the address(Will CC the buyer in the mail as well). Just need money for an upcoming board nothing to worry about lol

Offline upas

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 08:32:41 »

Personally, i just don't trust it.  I want a cloud white kit, but I can't trust this person to change address when they don't exactly seem to be honest about why they're selling their spot in the first place.

Yeah. At the very least, include the GB runner in the transaction. All 3 should communicate. Of course, this all depends with the GB runner, if he will permit this or not.

PM => Pay with Paypal Good and Services => then I will contact the gb runner to change the address(Will CC the buyer in the mail as well). Just need money for an upcoming board nothing to worry about lol

Hey guys,

So, in the past I have allowed a transfer of a single spot. Both the seller and buyer kept me in the loop, and to the best of my knowledge, the spot was sold at the GB price.

It's come to my attention that there may be unscrupulous folks trying to sell their spots without looping me in, and also trying to make a significant profit. ($300 profit at first). This individual also claimed that they bought their spot resale, which is patently false.

For what it's worth, I don't care if people flip for profit after they receive their boards. But given that Cloud White was a limited addon, and the GB has not shipped yet, I do not agree with this sort of flipping.

It's extremely hard for me to keep track of all of these things, and it causes a significant amount of extra work and makes me assume extra risk, so from here on out, I will no longer allow transfers of GB spots. I understand that things can happen in life, and if circumstances come up where you might need the money, please send me an email with proof to support <at> cannonkeys.com and we can work something out.

The individual who was trying to flip the spot has been refunded in full, and his unit will be sold as an extra after all of the group buy participants have received their boards.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 July 2019, 08:47:56 by upas »

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 10:51:46 »
Are u serious? I told the guy that 800$ because I need the money to buy a no2. Just trying to get as much help as I could. Anyone trying to buy a no2 knows how expensive they are. There was another buyer who pm'ed before him so I told him if I cannot work out a plan with this buyer within a week then it will for him at cost. It wasn't even a week yet, and he already pmed me. However, when it was over a week and I pmd him asking if he still wants it. He didn't respond for 2 days. "I was at my best friend's wedding all weekend and my daughter was in the hospital today" lol dude u were online in those 2 days. Discord doesn't lie lol. I asked for 500 + 50 PP(who knows how PayPal fee work lol). It's only a few dollars difference. He then asked me to do F&F to save money. It is understandable, but I don't even know who is this guy why would I do F&F. I even let him know beforehand that I only do G&S. After that, I tried to tell him to look for someone's else. He insisted on buying and said, "whatev just do that". Okay, so I spent my lunch break to sent him an invoice. Somehow, he changed his mind and told me "Sorry to bother but can you edit for $499.21 then select buyer pays fees? It should automatically add them to my total when I pay it". Like there is an option for that? At this point, he just gonna waste more of my time, and I told him to look for someone's else to buy.

"For what it's worth, I don't care if people flip for profit after they receive their boards. But given that Cloud White was a limited addon, and the GB has not shipped yet, I do not agree with this sort of flipping." Okay, but I don't get your logic. It is my board/property why I cannot sell it at whatever I feel like it is worth for? 550$ wasn't reasonable? It is a few dollars difference than at cost but considering the time, inflation, etc. In my opinion, it was very reasonable. Not sure why there is such acting in a free market economy. This should only be happening in China and North Korea lol. Anyways, I don't care if you cancelled my order, however, there should be some compensation for holding my money for 2 months even the greedy bank give some back for their customers. I am not asking for one. But most keyboard designers have to go through gb and not have product available in-store is because lack of funds to support their projects. If this is how you treat the people who entrusted the money to you to do your project then it is quite disappointing.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:01:01 »
Are u serious? I told the guy that 800$ because I need the money to buy a no2. Just trying to get as much help as I could.

Get a job

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:04:33 »
Are u serious? I told the guy that 800$ because I need the money to buy a no2. Just trying to get as much help as I could. Anyone trying to buy a no2 knows how expensive they are. There was another buyer who pm'ed before him so I told him if I cannot work out a plan with this buyer within a week then it will for him at cost. It wasn't even a week yet, and he already pmed me. However, when it was over a week and I pmd him asking if he still wants it. He didn't respond for 2 days. "I was at my best friend's wedding all weekend and my daughter was in the hospital today" lol dude u were online in those 2 days. Discord doesn't lie lol. I asked for 500 + 50 PP(who knows how PayPal fee work lol). It's only a few dollars difference. He then asked me to do F&F to save money. It is understandable, but I don't even know who is this guy why would I do F&F. I even let him know beforehand that I only do G&S. After that, I tried to tell him to look for someone's else. He insisted on buying and said, "whatev just do that". Okay, so I spent my lunch break to sent him an invoice. Somehow, he changed his mind and told me "Sorry to bother but can you edit for $499.21 then select buyer pays fees? It should automatically add them to my total when I pay it". Like there is an option for that? At this point, he just gonna waste more of my time, and I told him to look for someone's else to buy.

"For what it's worth, I don't care if people flip for profit after they receive their boards. But given that Cloud White was a limited addon, and the GB has not shipped yet, I do not agree with this sort of flipping." Okay, but I don't get your logic. It is my board/property why I cannot sell it at whatever I feel like it is worth for? 550$ wasn't reasonable? It is a few dollars difference than at cost but considering the time, inflation, etc. In my opinion, it was very reasonable. Not sure why there is such acting in a free market economy. This should only be happening in China and North Korea lol. Anyways, I don't care if you cancelled my order, however, there should be some compensation for holding my money for 2 months even the greedy bank give some back for their customers. I am not asking for one. But most keyboard designers have to go through gb and not have product available in-store is because lack of funds to support their projects. If this is how you treat the people who entrusted the money to you to do your project then it is quite disappointing.

Sorry you lost your spot bro, but this all sounds like a you problem
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:08:02 »
Are u serious? I told the guy that 800$ because I need the money to buy a no2. Just trying to get as much help as I could.

Get a job

What is your point?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #257 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:09:22 »

Get a job

What is your point?

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:11:14 »

Can you explain why is it on my end? I am pretty sure Amazon or Bestbuy or any other online shops wouldn't have done the same thing.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:30:24 »

Can you explain why is it on my end? I am pretty sure Amazon or Bestbuy or any other online shops wouldn't have done the same thing.

I'm pretty sure if you cancel a pre-order on Amazon or Best Buy they just refund your money, not your money plus interest.

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:31:18 »
I told the guy that 800$ because I need the money to buy a no2. Just trying to get as much help as I could. Anyone trying to buy a no2 knows how expensive they are.
Yikes.

It seems like a common thing that people are flipping SPOTS in a GB for profit instead of the actual end-product, nowadays.

Offline Clo_0lD

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:34:19 »
I'm all for being able to sell group buy spots because sometimes you just need the money for something else or maybe you just changed your mind about the product. However, trying to sell a spot for a premium is just not right and it's bad for the community as a whole. The aftermarket is already bad enough as is and we don't need people charging double for a product that hasn't even come out yet. GB spots should sell for their OG price paid plus maybe 3% to cover paypal fees. Anything more than that just seems like scalping.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:36:39 »

I don't understand why you aren't happy-- you got your money back in full, so now you can put it towards the No.2 as you originally intended. You were never entitled to an extra $300 at any point in the GB.
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:39:31 »
Ok, I'll play.

You are seriously comparing this transaction to something you buy at a B&M like BestBuy, or online retailer like Amazon?

In Amazon's condition of use, it has a clause that states "reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use Amazon Services, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion."

I would argue in this case, upas has the right to refund your money and revoke your participation in the GB because you didn't abide to the rule.

Sure, the rule wasn't explicitly stated, but since this is a very close knit community, it has been frown upon to flip GB spot when the creator/designer set a price they think is reasonable.

That is why some like Keycult allocate a certain unit to do a vickrey auction.

Like upas said, things happen in life, keyboard is not the end of life.  I think if you were to sell your GB spot at the price you paid, folks would be more understandable.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #264 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:40:58 »
Good job Upas. Down with flippers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:53:32 »

I'm not aware of Amazon or Bestbuy letting you transfer pre-orders...

Also, I think it's pretty well known that if you are going to sell a GB spot and you need the GB runner's help, selling it for more than face value is going to get you a slap down.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 July 2019, 11:55:22 by DukeEsquire »

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 12:29:45 »

Get a job

What is your point?

His point was to get a job.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 13:15:15 »

ITT:  comparing a group buy to Amazon :rolleyes:

We're given the opportunity to own limited runs of cool products.  Not only that, but you get to interact with the vendors, designers, manufactures etc.
Group Buys are a treat; don't muck it up for everyone else.

...and, as was previously stated, money was refunded, so win win.  Right?

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 13:16:26 »
Okay, but I don't get your logic. It is my board/property why I cannot sell it at whatever I feel like it is worth for?

The point is simple. You don't actually have 'property' at this point. You have a spot in the group buy while that property is manufacturered. Until such time that you have that property in your hands, the GB runner has the right to refund your money for any reason they so choose. In this case, because they don't want the additional hassle of working out the transfer to another person and they don't like your desire to flip the SPOT for more money. If you wanted to make money on the board and sell it for profit after you own it, that's up to you. But at that point you owned nothing.

Also, nobody cares what you want the money for. Glad you want a No.2. Awesome. Go buy one. That has no impact on your right to sell the GB spot. Just because you were fast enough, lucky enough, whatever... to get a spot in the S75 GB does not mean you just won $300 in profit.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 15:58:50 »

Def the biggest L of 2019

On geekhack

He the new how many gmks guy

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 16:00:58 »

On geekhack

Would love a link to that one  :))

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 17:14:07 »

On geekhack

The biggest L is the guy on /r/mm who was trying to corner the market on aftermarket GMK Serika. He was buying them up from everyone for $450+. People thought he was a scam artist but he paid for all of them.

And then the hype died.

Edit: Or maybe the two guys that were trying to sell their GB spots for SA Olivia and Novelkeys pulled their orders. That's got to hurt. SA Olivia is going to break the record for non-vintage keycaps.

Offline walie

Re: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - Knob and OLED Screen, Opens May 6th, 6PM EDT
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 18:11:36 »
Is it possible if I can get more than one? Absolutely love them and would love to have 2 different colors for 2 different gmk sets.

Well this aged well

Offline DukeEsquire

Re: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - Knob and OLED Screen, Opens May 6th, 6PM EDT
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 18:26:29 »
Is it possible if I can get more than one? Absolutely love them and would love to have 2 different colors for 2 different gmk sets.

Well this aged well

Dude all of this guy's posts are buying and flipping GB spots.

Here's him trying to buy a GB spot in the E6.5 GB: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99655.msg2758433#msg2758433

Here's him flipping the GB spot a few weeks later: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99655.msg2769735#msg2769735

And the same day that he is trying to off-load his Satisfaction 75 (supposedly for a No. 2), he's trying to buy a JER Mini.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 20:28:05 »

Well this aged well

Well this aged well

Dude all of this guy's posts are buying and flipping GB spots.

Here's him trying to buy a GB spot in the E6.5 GB: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99655.msg2758433#msg2758433

Here's him flipping the GB spot a few weeks later: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99655.msg2769735#msg2769735

And the same day that he is trying to off-load his Satisfaction 75 (supposedly for a No. 2), he's trying to buy a JER Mini.
LMAO
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 20:30:27 »
Are u serious? I told the guy that 800$ because I need the money to buy a no2. Just trying to get as much help as I could. Anyone trying to buy a no2 knows how expensive they are.

"I only wanted the money to buy something expensive" has got to be the worst excuse ever...

Offline Choobies

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 00:09:58 »
inb4 someone mentions the resale of Jane V2 GB spot for $1.6k

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 01:13:22 »
...lol dude u were online in those 2 days. Discord doesn't lie lol. ...

This post has to be satire in its highest form, right?

Offline steelpot

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 16:36:19 »
If we're saying down with flippers, does this mean mech market is going to shut down permanently and all resales are going to be banned going forward? Enforcement of that sure would be neat. I guess I should return all of the keycaps I've bought off people.

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 17:29:13 »
If we're saying down with flippers, does this mean mech market is going to shut down permanently and all resales are going to be banned going forward? Enforcement of that sure would be neat. I guess I should return all of the keycaps I've bought off people.

nice

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 17:34:23 »

Yes that's exactly what everyone is saying!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 19:01:35 »

Yeah, you def understood the conversation.

10/10

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #282 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 19:11:06 »
it's probably sazuke's alt lol

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 19:50:44 »
it's probably sazuke's alt lol
That's what I was about to say haha it's his first post on the account
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 21:53:04 »
I hear there's some mech27 V2 spots available if you're looking for more easy flips.

Offline swangful

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 00:29:23 »

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 06:24:07 »
The truth is hated when they cannot face it.
Go to the first page of this GB, and check where Upas(GB owner) say anything about the buyer can or cannot do with their order. Just outright remove order without a legitimate reason 10/10

Offline rondg

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 06:27:21 »
The truth is hated when they cannot face it.
Go to the first page of this GB, and check where Upas(GB owner) say anything about the buyer can or cannot do with their order. Just outright remove order without a legitimate reason 10/10

Well, he did not say what he can and cannot do, so...

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 07:18:37 »
And by your logic, if he steal someone stuff then it will be okay too? Since he can do whatever he want right? Free country btw.

Offline rondg

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 08:31:25 »
And by your logic, if he steal someone stuff then it will be okay too? Since he can do whatever he want right? Free country btw.

No, it is not okay.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 09:14:35 »

except he didn't steal anything from you since he refunded you your money.

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 09:43:48 »
I am not saying he steal from me. But hey I will wait for him to refund my time.

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 09:49:26 »
What about the time you made him lose ???

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:00:52 »
I am not saying he steal from me. But hey I will wait for him to refund my time.
You must think you're so important. What about upas's time? Shouldn't you refund them their time?

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:10:16 »
Did I force it on him? Nope.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:12:04 »
Imagine being unethical and then complaining about being reprimanded.

Stop getting into GBs if you want people to not call you out when you try to rip people off for a product that's not even released yet.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:12:19 »
Did I force it on him? Nope.
Out of curiosity, what are you expecting to accomplish in this thread by posting more?

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:15:06 »
Save your breath, I have time. Just not convience that I am wrong.
More doesn't always mean right.

Edit: My bad, not meant to be rude.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:16:51 by Sazuke9 »

Offline Sazuke9

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:19:11 »

Stop getting into GBs if you want people to not call you out when you try to rip people off for a product that's not even released yet.

I don't care... To me, it is not "rip off" someone as long as I don't force. What I did might not be right ethically, but legally... I am not convinced that I am wrong.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:23:15 by Sazuke9 »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 10:26:48 »

I don't care... To me, it is not "rip off" someone as long as I don't force. What I did might not be right ethically, but legally... I am not convinced that I am wrong.
Who said anything about being wrong legally? Upas is not wrong legally either. So pipe down.