Author Topic: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB Ends June 6, 2021  (Read 154416 times)

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | High Renaissance Novelties Kit Rendered
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 05:53:20 »
Updates 12/18/20
-updated the High Renaissance Novelties kit with a proper render
-removed High Renaissance (Blue on Gold) novelties kit
-added a Gold on White High Renaissance Novelties kit as another option for a white based novelties kit (only one will be chosen for production)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 06:20:00 »
The blue on white variant is 100% the right choice imo.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 09:35:25 »
I saw that you stopped by the 40s Discord. Did you come to a decision about a 40s kit? Something else to consider that I've seen come up recently is that people are putting ISO and Alice keys in their base kits, and that leaves the 40s kit much cheaper, which would make the 40s kit much more likely to sell.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 09:38:21 »
Something else to consider that I've seen come up recently is that people are putting ISO and Alice keys in their base kits, and that leaves the 40s kit much cheaper, which would make the 40s kit much more likely to sell.

Indeed. Here's an example of a set that does this: link

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 00:12:01 »
Something else to consider that I've seen come up recently is that people are putting ISO and Alice keys in their base kits, and that leaves the 40s kit much cheaper, which would make the 40s kit much more likely to sell.

Indeed. Here's an example of a set that does this: link

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. I have been reviewing a number of GMK sets for the past few days and I am working on the updated kitting. Updates will be posted soon once I have finished proper renders of the updated kits. I have already included 1u 'corner' keys on the High Renaissance novelties to consider those with 40s/orthos as their main boards. ;)

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Updated Novelties Kit (Wider Range of Keyboard Layouts)
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 01:40:11 »
Updates 12/21/20

-updated the High Renaissance Novelties kit | support for 40%/orthos, 60% (HHKB, Tsangan, WKL), 65%, 75%, 80% TKL and full-sized layout
The ornamental novelties will serve as the paint frame's corners. Let's share the love and support for other layouts :D

High Renaissance - GoBl (Gold on Blue)

High Renaissance - BloW(Blue on White)

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 02:34:29 »
I want it nao.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 11:09:57 »
Updates 12/21/20

-updated the High Renaissance Novelties kit | support for 40%/orthos, 60% (HHKB, Tsangan, WKL), 65%, 75%, 80% TKL and full-sized layout
The ornamental novelties will serve as the paint frame's corners. Let's share the love and support for other layouts :D

Show Image

Show Image

Love it!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 18:44:52 »
Updates 12/21/20

Show Image

Show Image

Love it!

Thanks man! Will be working on the extension kit to have an optimal 40s support.

I want it nao.

I would like to offer them asap but I will have to polish everything first and improve the set.😊 Thank you!

Offline Havattack

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 20:23:51 »
Looking at your insta page after you decided to remove the blue on gold novelties, breaks my heart.... The renders with them on it are so nice.

I'm having a hard time deciding which of the novelty kits to hope you decide upon.. You did too good of a job on this, i want ALL OF THEM!
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2020, 20:27:20 by Havattack »

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 20:44:58 »
Looking at your insta page after you decided to remove the blue on gold novelties, breaks my heart.... The renders with them on it are so nice.

I'm having a hard time deciding which of the novelty kits to hope you decide upon.. You did too good of a job on this, i want ALL OF THEM!

Aw brother. As much as I want to offer every one of them, I needed to axe one of them as it is hard to offer 3kits that would be competing for MOQ. I hope you値l still like Gold on Blue and Blue on White High Renaissance novelties.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 22:06:39 »

Aw brother. As much as I want to offer every one of them, I needed to axe one of them as it is hard to offer 3kits that would be competing for MOQ. I hope you値l still like Gold on Blue and Blue on White High Renaissance novelties.
No worries, maybe in R2 one day? You said you're going to eventually cut it down to 1 kit, correct? Good luck, that's a hard choice.. I like them all a lot.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 23:07:47 »

No worries, maybe in R2 one day? You said you're going to eventually cut it down to 1 kit, correct? Good luck, that's a hard choice.. I like them all a lot.

Maybe one day, hopefully. Hmm, I'm cutting it down to 2 High Renaissance - Novelties Kit instead of the previous 3. Let's keep it at that. Hopefully this goes well. Thank you for always stopping by to give feedback. Kit revisions will soon be uploaded.  ;D

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Golden Star Keycaps Collab and Addition Kits Soon
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 02:42:49 »
Blue on gold novelties would be better for the original base kit imo.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 08:35:36 »

I would really like to offer them but the demand is just too low (although I知 limited with data given by the IC form responses). Maybe it痴 possible in the future depending on how Lazurite will be received by the community. I just hope it gets a considerable amount of support to make this set a reality. :D

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 10:06:50 »
I just wanted to reach out here and express how much I appreciate the effort you've put in to boost 40s compat in this set. People in our server are learning about this set now and are super hyped because we usually never get novelties. I think if you market this set well it will get a huge amount of interest, sales, and see a giant markup on flipping prices for people who missed out (presuming production works out).

Cheers - faux

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 16:43:13 »
I just wanted to reach out here and express how much I appreciate the effort you've put in to boost 40s compat in this set. People in our server are learning about this set now and are super hyped because we usually never get novelties. I think if you market this set well it will get a huge amount of interest, sales, and see a giant markup on flipping prices for people who missed out (presuming production works out).

Cheers - faux

Hey there faux! Thank you very much! I really appreciate your enthusiasm about the set. I have uploaded a major update on Lazurite's kitting and if I have made some mistakes or if there's any revision needed especially with regards to the extension kit, your guidance together with konstantin's is very much welcome. Happy holidays!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Major Kitting Update (Happy Holidays!)
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 20:08:35 »
Updates 12/23/20
Major Kit Revision

fixed Lazurite (base) - revamped R1 function row to match Calcite, removed '00' key, changed all mods' legends to text-only to keep the set clean and to match the intricate novelties (modern icon mods does not match the regal look of the novelties)
fixed Calcite (alternate alphas) - removed numpad and revamped R1 function row
added Lapis (spacebars) - for Alice, 40% and split support
fixed Pyrite (accent) - added accent spacebars and arrow keys (No numpad Enter GoBl key included to match the base kit)
added Ultra (extension) - for 40%/orthos layout support

*changes for the Novelties already uploaded from previous update (added novelties to support a wide range of layouts: 40%/orthos, 60% (HHKB, WKL, Tsangan), 65%, 75%, 80%/TKL, and full sized keyboards)
*Ultramarine x Gold is a pending kit since I have labeled it ONLY as a special base kit
*All renders will be updated together with additional boards.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ANYONE WHO'S READING THIS. ALWAYS TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. :)

Offline kidpid

Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Major Kitting Update (Happy Holidays!)
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 23:32:30 »
Love the 40s support! Looks great. Have you considered turning the base kit to a full blue on white base kit and offer the gold on blue base kit as well? It seems like the novelties favor a mono-colored base.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 11:06:48 »

I would really like to offer them but the demand is just too low (although I知 limited with data given by the IC form responses). Maybe it痴 possible in the future depending on how Lazurite will be received by the community. I just hope it gets a considerable amount of support to make this set a reality. :D
I knew i forgot something.. I REALLY need to start filling those things out...

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Artisan Wrist Rest by Resin Boy Project
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 07:57:39 »

I knew i forgot something.. I REALLY need to start filling those things out...

Thank you brother. Appreciate you stopping by and giving feedback from time to time, I知 going through those responses on the forms and improve the set. Happy holidays!

Love the 40s support! Looks great. Have you considered turning the base kit to a full blue on white base kit and offer the gold on blue base kit as well? It seems like the novelties favor a mono-colored base.

I have considered and it痴 a really tough decision at this point, but I believe there痴 a way to go about this without too much compromise. Happy holidays!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | For Final Kitting Revisions (Color Explanation)
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 02:50:45 »
Updates 12/26/20

As much as I want to offer the special Ultramarine x Gold base kit, I took a step back; went over the interest check forms, feedback from the community and reassessed everything. I have finally decided to be true to what inspired me to do this set. I know that people have different preferences and there are many great color combinations you imagine that will surely fit your taste but I can't please every single one of you. But, please do know that I really appreciate those who have been sending me a message via Instagram, Facebook, Discord or other platforms regarding their feedback about this set and the color combinations they would like. I will now focus on minimal kit revisions, adding more renders and preparing the documents needed by GMK for price quotes.

Legends are kept to be minimal as well so I have chosen 'text-only' legends for modifiers to match the novelties (modern icons don't look great with the novelties). Here is the summarized breakdown of how the set looks like in terms of colors:

For people who want minimal colors (ultramarine and white)
Lazurite (Base): blue alphas, white mods
Calcite (Alternate Alphas): white alphas
Lapis (Spacebars): blue and white
High Renaissance Blue (Novelties 2): blue on white

For people who would like to accentuate their keycap set (ultramarine and gold)
Pyrite (Accent): blue on gold, gold on blue
High Renaissance Gold (Novelties 1): gold on blue

I have chosen to add the gold spacebars for the 40s community so you can also have accents for other keycap sets you might have.
Ultra (Extension): blue on white, gold

If you have been following this set all along, thank you very much for the wonderful support you have shown for Lazurite! You're the best!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ANYONE WHO'S READING THIS. ALWAYS TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. :)

Ending this long message update with Resin Boy Project x Lazurite resin wrist rest

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #172 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 08:36:27 »
Take my money! :)

Offline JaviJ01

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 10:45:36 »
Recently got into keyboards and have been hunting a set of GMK Striker but this is even better.  Any idea on when you might start taking orders for these?

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 11:22:50 »
Take my money! :)

Thanks for the support!

Recently got into keyboards and have been hunting a set of GMK Striker but this is even better.  Any idea on when you might start taking orders for these?

It痴 tentatively February 2021. We will be able to get the 1st round of price quotes from GMK early January. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to compose a message.

Offline Hoondini

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 12:06:12 »
It's beautiful

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 20:00:29 »
byebye Ultramarine x Gold base kit  :'(
to good to be true

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 00:34:30 »
It's beautiful

Thank you!

byebye Ultramarine x Gold base kit  :'(
to good to be true

I needed to reassess everything and it didn't have enough interest based on the IC form responses. :( If it was possible for me to run it, I would have done it in a heartbeat but there's too many factors involved with pushing through multiple kits. I really appreciate your enthusiasm about the Ultramarine x Gold and maybe in the future, we can run the gold on blue base. I hope people who have been following Lazurite read through these discussions and understand the decision which was made. I hope you are having wonderful holidays with your family. Stay safe!

Offline herfalerf

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 00:53:33 »
Wow super bummed about the loss of gold on blue. That was the real gem of this set. I understand your reasons, but for me that was what made this set a must buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 14:16:39 »
Wow super bummed about the loss of gold on blue. That was the real gem of this set. I understand your reasons, but for me that was what made this set a must buy.

I apologize if it has caused you to feel this way but I am still open to suggestions/feedback. I will objectively look over the succeeding responses and suggestions of people who have been following Lazurite until January, before we send the files for price quote. If we cannot push through with this and Lazurite can still have a considerable amount of success, maybe I can run R2 with the Ultramarine x Gold. I hope you understand. Thank you for sharing your concern and for supporting the set early on.

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 14:24:57 »

I apologize if it has caused you to feel this way but I am still open to suggestions/feedback. I will objectively look over the succeeding responses and suggestions of people who have been following Lazurite until January, before we send the files for price quote. If we cannot push through with this and Lazurite can still have a considerable amount of success, maybe I can run R2 with the Ultramarine x Gold. I hope you understand. Thank you for sharing your concern and for supporting the set early on.

Will definitely wait for Round 2!  :thumb:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Kitting Explanation and LandCaps Artisan
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 14:30:44 »
If you're counting ultraXgold base interest, put me in for 2 base either now or later. Will cop as is too.

Honestly not sure everyone realized both base kits weren't necessarily going to run.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Kitting Explanation and LandCaps Artisan
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 11:49:21 »

Will definitely wait for Round 2!  :thumb:

If this becomes a successful set brother. No expectations, just wanted to share this passion project to the community. :D

If you're counting ultraXgold base interest, put me in for 2 base either now or later. Will cop as is too.

Honestly not sure everyone realized both base kits weren't necessarily going to run.

Let's see how the IC goes, or let the right time come. Will surely consider running the Ultramarine x Gold if Lazurite finds a place in the community. Thank you for dropping by and for the support you've shown because of the special base kit I have included during the early stages of the set's IC. I really appreciate you guys! :thumb:

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: February 1, 2021
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 14:41:34 »
12/30/20
-GB schedule announced! Lazurite launches February 1, 2021

Offline Ciantha

Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: February 1, 2021 | Happy New Year!
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 16:47:58 »
I don't know when you added basic 40s to the base kit but thank you!
I was trying to figure out how on earth to finance four kits (base, calcite, 40s, novelties) and now I have the option to skip the 40s if it ends up too much for my wallet.

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 19:51:22 »
Is there any chance you can add an R1 equal sign key to the base kit for the num pad? that would make this an instant cop

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 06:44:00 »
I don't know when you added basic 40s to the base kit but thank you!
I was trying to figure out how on earth to finance four kits (base, calcite, 40s, novelties) and now I have the option to skip the 40s if it ends up too much for my wallet.

Added them a few days ago to make the base kit have a better coverage. Although, we will know what must be revised once we get price quotes from GMK. Thank you for the support! Happy new year!

Is there any chance you can add an R1 equal sign key to the base kit for the num pad? that would make this an instant cop

Will surely consider this since it痴 still 1 key added but I think it is still a justifiable suggestion. Thank you for the feedback! Happy new year! Stay safe!

Offline hyprobe

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 12:16:06 »
this is great! will be surely buying this =)
Happy new year!

Cheers - robe|zionstudiosph

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 17:20:00 »
this is great! will be surely buying this =)
Happy new year!

Cheers - robe|zionstudiosph

Thank you for your support! Happy new year to you, Zion Studios and your families!  ;D

Offline JaviJ01

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 22:28:52 »
So stoked now that the GB date is set!  Any idea of when prices will be up, or are they and I'm just blind?  Either way, great job setting everything up so far and I hope you have a great New Year!

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 01:56:32 »
I cannot express how excited I am for this. What other goodies do you have in store? :)

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 07:42:05 »
OMG I so ready for this set it looks so good!!!!  Thanks for the hard work!!!!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 10:47:23 »
I cannot express how excited I am for this. What other goodies do you have in store? :)

Hey! Thank you for the support! I see you致e been following the set for quite awhile. Appreciate your feedback! You may check the thread, there are a number of artisan keycaps (with another one which will soon be uploaded), 2 artisan wrist rests, and coiled cables to pair up with the set. ;D

So stoked now that the GB date is set!  Any idea of when prices will be up, or are they and I'm just blind?  Either way, great job setting everything up so far and I hope you have a great New Year!

Soon enough, we will be uploading the pricelist. Thank you! Happy New Year to you and and your family! Stay safe!

OMG I so ready for this set it looks so good!!!!  Thanks for the hard work!!!!

Thank you for your warm responses! Really appreciate you guys! Happy new year! :)

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: February 1, 2021 | Skull Keycaps Collab
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 03:33:58 »
Update 01/04/21
-artisan keycap collaboration with Skull Keycaps (Philippines) announced
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 January 2021, 10:45:33 by jaekid »

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: February 1, 2021 | NEW IC FORM
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 23:25:27 »
01/07/21
-NEW IC Form uploaded (UPDATED IC FORM), please let me know if you have a few more suggestions and/or feedback :D

-revealed 1 out of 2 collaboration cables by Swift Cables

Swift Cables x Lazurite
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 January 2021, 10:45:57 by jaekid »

Offline R4YN3

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 17:38:11 »
Literally cannot wait to put this set on my ultramarine Fjell.

Offline Julia

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 12:29:36 »
hoping the second cable will be blue on gold! Or blue on white as opposed to the current white on blue

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Literally cannot wait to put this set on my ultramarine Fjell.

I'm excited for you! ;)

hoping the second cable will be blue on gold! Or blue on white as opposed to the current white on blue

Will reveal the second cable soon. ;D

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Putting up an update here:

Less than a month away from the GB launch. We池e working on the price quotes, RAMA artisans and a few more renders. Also, there will be giveaways for Lazurite so stay tuned for the upcoming group buy on different channels I have listed on the thread: especially Discord and Instagram, where we値l be running the giveaways. ;) Excited for this and I知 also excited for everyone who has been following the progress of the set. Thank you!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Skull Keycaps (PH) x GMK Lazurite Megalodon - Lazurite Raffle
January 18, 2021
10AM, GMT+8
Only 10 sculpts will be made!

Original instagram post: Skull Keycaps Megalodon - Lazurite Raffle News