Author Topic: [IC] Cloudline - 88% F13 TKL | GB on Saturday, October 9th  (Read 256284 times)

Offline Jebus

Re: [IC] Cloudline - 88% / F13 WKL TKL | Updated Engraving, Prototype 2 Ordered
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 08:44:22 »
The engraving adds a lot of character! Love it!

Offline Nhils

• IG
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 05:58:07 »
Aaaah this is my dream board... that engraving, goodness...
Still rooting for a WK option too <3 !!

Offline Rx003

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 05:56:13 »
Watching! I cant wait for this looks so nice the side profile looks so hot  :-* :-* :-* glwic and wish you all the best for this project!

Offline Enroze

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 17:55:17 »
holy, this thing is hot :eek: love the side profile, and the weight engraving is so nice :') can't wait for the gb, and glwic !

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 23:55:27 »
Various quotes in dropdown:

More
holy, this thing is hot :eek: love the side profile, and the weight engraving is so nice :') can't wait for the gb, and glwic !

Watching! I cant wait for this looks so nice the side profile looks so hot  :-* :-* :-* glwic and wish you all the best for this project!

Im ready for my L please!

Looks great! plz do a blue / navy color

Hot dog dat engraving is awesome

very stoked for this! loving the design theme execution!

Wowee that's pretty

that engraving is so nice

Great choice. Love the change and appreciate the passion behind the project.

Love the updated engraving! Excited to see next iteration.

Liking the new engraving, excited to see how this next prototype turns out

I Appreciate all the kind words and support. Project is still moving, waiting for the next prototype - I placed the order for it a while back. This is going to be a big step, it includes some significant internal changes.

On another note, I've made a lot of progress securing vendors for the project and am looking forward to confirming soon. Hopefully this will come with other big updates, such as format, unit count, pricing, etc.

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 02:17:47 »
Various quotes in dropdown:

More

Im ready for my L please!

Looks great! plz do a blue / navy color

Hot dog dat engraving is awesome

very stoked for this! loving the design theme execution!

Wowee that's pretty

that engraving is so nice

Great choice. Love the change and appreciate the passion behind the project.

Love the updated engraving! Excited to see next iteration.

Liking the new engraving, excited to see how this next prototype turns out

I Appreciate all the kind words and support. Project is still moving, waiting for the next prototype - I placed the order for it a while back. This is going to be a big step, it includes some significant internal changes.

On another note, I've made a lot of progress securing vendors for the project and am looking forward to confirming soon. Hopefully this will come with other big updates, such as format, unit count, pricing, etc.

hopefully it's the update i'm looking for !
shout out to Justin the man

Offline vidoardes

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 03:30:06 »
I am an ISO 65% user at heart, but there is something about an F13 WKL ANSI TKL that is just so damn... symmetrical.

It's beautiful.

EDIT: Discord invite doesn't work for me, could someone ping me a link?
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2021, 03:36:14 by vidoardes »

Offline Hi !!

• Kiimari
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:25:33 »
Can't stop looking at the inner engraving. I feel like I am sitting at windows side admiring a beautiful scenery.
Feel like having one board just sitting on your desk with the inner engraving being exposed is so justi(n)fied. :)

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 11:49:51 »
This looks amazing!
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
eagerly awaiting that second proto, Really interested to see the difference between gummy worm and leaf spring in this. well done man.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline epiccoderman

Can we have a WK version plzzzzz I need it for work...!

Offline Ustinj

There will very very likely be WK available (99%).

Offline Cedratto

Re: [IC] Cloudline - 88% / F13 WKL TKL
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 22:28:17 »
Hi everyone

For what it's worth, prior to having the logo above the arrow key cluster, I had a removable stainless steel badge in the shape of a cloud:

Show Image

I understand that some may not want 'branding' on the top face of the board, while some may simply like a clean look with nothing at all - however, in this case it's a bit difficult to tell if people don't like the engraving being a 'brand', rather than an 'emblem' that represents the board. I get it, because I feel that way too. I think engravings of a cloud / cloudline would feel more tangible to the owner, rather than the brand - only I would really feel connected to the triangle logo (since it's me!!), but those who know it's cloudline would feel more comfortable with a cloud.

Now, the reason I didn't roll with this cloud emblem - I didn't want to add another separate part, and didn't like the positioning that I had chosen. I may consider revisiting this cloud engraving offset to the right (in the same place the logo is currently in).

Hello, I'd like to revisit this in case it got lost in earlier conversation but I think this would make a beautiful addition to the board and really work thematically. I feel that sometimes the top of boards can look very plain but this would add that nice little touch. I also think that it would look a lot nicer to keep the cloud centered compared to having  it be off centered in either direction.

Offline sybase

Re: [IC] Cloudline - 88% / F13 WKL TKL
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 22:34:25 »
Hi everyone

For what it's worth, prior to having the logo above the arrow key cluster, I had a removable stainless steel badge in the shape of a cloud:

Show Image

I understand that some may not want 'branding' on the top face of the board, while some may simply like a clean look with nothing at all - however, in this case it's a bit difficult to tell if people don't like the engraving being a 'brand', rather than an 'emblem' that represents the board. I get it, because I feel that way too. I think engravings of a cloud / cloudline would feel more tangible to the owner, rather than the brand - only I would really feel connected to the triangle logo (since it's me!!), but those who know it's cloudline would feel more comfortable with a cloud.

Now, the reason I didn't roll with this cloud emblem - I didn't want to add another separate part, and didn't like the positioning that I had chosen. I may consider revisiting this cloud engraving offset to the right (in the same place the logo is currently in).

Hello, I'd like to revisit this in case it got lost in earlier conversation but I think this would make a beautiful addition to the board and really work thematically. I feel that sometimes the top of boards can look very plain but this would add that nice little touch. I also think that it would look a lot nicer to keep the cloud centered compared to having  it be off centered in either direction.

I agree with everything said here. I would like some engraving. I prefer clouds, but logo is ok too, just something to help distinguish the top-down view from all the other TKL boards.

Offline Ustinj

Hi guys

There will be an engraving over the arrow cluster, as mentioned in msg 139: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109637.msg3007088#msg3007088

(For reference; the photo:)

While this is the engraving in the plans right now, it can still be subject to change. While I love a flowing and curvy design and initially wanted something like scripture for an engraving, I figured to do something that was more in tune with the bottom weight engraving design - uniform, concise, straight-to-the-point lines for a very simple engraving.

Offline santela

Hi guys

There will be an engraving over the arrow cluster, as mentioned in msg 139: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109637.msg3007088#msg3007088

Show Image

While this is the engraving in the plans right now, it can still be subject to change. While I love a flowing and curvy design and initially wanted something like scripture for an engraving, I figured to do something that was more in tune with the bottom weight engraving design - uniform, concise, straight-to-the-point lines for a very simple engraving.

While I'm generally more a fan of clean tops, this is done tastefully and feels unobtrusive. Very nice.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
I fully support the engraving - looks slick.

Offline 2QT2BSTR8

Looks gorgeous

Offline ai06L

• SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY
must buy tkl
Collection: Keycult No.1, 8XV2.0 Additional Ano silver WKL, FC660C Novatouched, Polaris, 8XV2.0 Additional coated black CWKL, Vega E-white, Vega Grey, Novatouch, Jelly Epoch SE

Waiting to ship: Cruelworld 60, 8XV3.0 light grey WKL

Offline Prestley

• Twitch
 Love the engravings on the inside portion. This is art.

Offline Adriano

Very interested.

Offline GWACHA

• guac
Damn. That weight. Seriously impressive job, you really lived up to the theme! :thumb:

Offline hnry

I love the side profile! Definitely gonna be watching this if I can fit it in my keyboard budget xd

Online bagelbyte

Imma be in this group buy like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm

Offline 7equals7

This is absolutely gorgeous. That side profile looks so slick and that weight design is really clean.

Offline sub0001

This looks super clean. Can't wait for proto 2!

Offline sybase

Hi guys

Show Image

Love the engraving! I don't usually post, but chiming in on this one to say that I really like this and hopefully help boost unit count!

Offline ambulated

Really love the engravings/theme and that side profile. Will be following this! :)

Offline Newcomb

Looks really clean. Board that made me join. Can't wait for more updates!

Offline ManiacMarc

• Twitch
Yoo, I'm glad I got to this before GB starts.

Offline cspirou

I love this. Especially the blue board

Offline sirpeebs

yea this one feels like it's no joke proper.

that side profile is just straight scarjo - just won't quit.

Offline Crab2020

Yeah......gonna need to reserve some funds for this one. I’m in love with the whole design. The colors are amazing and the sleek almost simplistic outer design...oof. It’s like you pulled this from my deep dark subconscious of what a perfect keyboard looks like

Offline Casserole

Really dig this. Personally like the engraving above the arrows.

Offline TheMetalDog

Whoah, glad I found this IC. This board looks absolutely stunning. Keeping a close eye on this one.  :thumb:

Offline Ustinj

Thank you everyone for the interest

Just wanted to update here to let you guys know that the project is still in the works - currently I am waiting on  the second prototype to come in. The manufacturer had a bit of a mishap in machining and had to redo some parts. IC is still alive, but I did not want to bump unless there was something worth announcing; Now I figure I have a duty to do so with all the responses since my last update.

Will be posting a large update when the next prototype arrives with a lot more useful information regarding things like group buy, unit counts, pricing, and what-not.

jjw

Offline JJ

loving the design of this! cant wait for gb

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Offline kraptocracy

Literally made an account on geekhack to say I'm going to be patient for this board.

Offline noorejji

Literally made an account on geekhack to say I'm going to be patient for this board.
Thanks

Offline Ustinj

Since it's been so long without any real update, I received a quick snapshot from the manufacturer and am liking how the steel frame is turning out. Here is something to show that things are moving. No abandoned IC here... :-)

Again, early pictures should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope to have this in my hands soon enough, and will snap more shots / videos when the time comes.

Offline Fatty-Do-Do

I can't wait to see the finished product.
This is going to be a beauty.

Offline shxWN

• Everything I do is visionary
this board is really a beauty, hope to pick this one up.

Kinda wished the arrow engraving was a little more pronounced but I'm sure that's not for everyone.
Kepler FC65 || Frog TKL || Whale75 || Sirius 60 ||

Offline epiccoderman

There will very very likely be WK available (99%).

ok im 110% in then. LESGOO

Offline Ustinj

this board is really a beauty, hope to pick this one up.

Kinda wished the arrow engraving was a little more pronounced but I'm sure that's not for everyone.

I have felt the same way, but I operate through trial and error. I have something in mind for this, here is a snippet of an update I shared on Discord (I reserve major updates for Geekhack and IG, though Discord is where I ramble more and share minor thoughts). Stay tuned, perhaps you will be a fan of the alternate vision I have.

I have been pondering an idea recently. The internals of Cloudline are detailed and not visible when built - I know. So I've contemplated spicing up the external engraving a bit as well, while keeping a similar design language, so that some blend of elegance / intricacy can be seen from the outside to match. Some have seen the new proposed engraving - I'll confirm and show it to everyone when I can get this in person and have an in-person look at what I've got.

Offline Rocket

The engravings on this board:

Offline yoboard

• Keyboard Designer
    • Keyboard Designer
I like

Offline RoyalOak88

Beautiful engraving!
Very curious to see the final prototype

Offline Mechalomania

Beautiful details. I'm excited for this and hope I'll be able to get one.

Offline mr_fro2000

Amazing work... the passion, technical work, creativity, testing and interaction w/ the community embodies the best of this hobby.  Looking forward to the updates on the next prototype.

It's products like this that brings out the salt @ gb.  Taking an 'L' on this one will hurt.

Offline thornkin

Is there an eta for the gb?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk