Author Topic: [IC] KeyKobo Izakaya  (Read 8772 times)

Offline Keykobo

[IC] KeyKobo Izakaya
« on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 21:45:25 »

Discord | IC Form

In collaboration with KEI, we present to you the first set from Keykobo Design Studio: Keykobo Izakaya!

KeyKobo Izakaya draws inspiration from the vibrant and cozy atmosphere of traditional Japanese izakayas. This unique keycap design captures the essence of dimly lit lanterns, wooden interiors, and the delicious array of food and drinks found in these establishments. The color palette combines deep, rich shades of dark wood, soft amber, and a strong red, evoking the warm and welcoming ambiance of an izakaya.

Kitting

Latin Base Kit

Both base kits feature a wide range of compatibility up to the TKL size, including physical compatibility for 40% keyboards, a second B for Alice layouts, physical ISO support and an accent number row akin to "alert" style sets.

Hiragana Base Kit

Spacebars

Numpad

Novelties

These novelties inspired by izakaya feature a diverse array of food, drink, and other symbolic elements, adding a whimsical and thematic flair to your keyboard. These intricately designed keycaps pay homage to the delightful details found in traditional Japanese pubs, turning your keyboard into a miniature izakaya experience.

Vendors

TBD
If you are interested in offering this set please reach out to keykobo on the KeyKobo Discord.

Collaborations

If you are interested in collaborating on this set with an artisan or similar please reach out to keykobo on the KeyKobo Discord.

Renders

Updates

26/10/23 - IC Posted
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 November 2023, 22:28:09 by Keykobo »

Offline Keykobo

Re: [IC] KeyKobo Izakaya
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 21:46:11 »
Reserved

Offline Azernith

• board enjoyer
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 22:28:12 »
Im sorry, but the background looks more like a prison than an cozy izakaya :eek:

Offline anson42

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 22:56:47 »
Really nice looking set. I really like the light yellow number row, but to better support a 60% (HHKB or otherwise) or 65% shouldn't that row also have matching Escape key and 1u backslash and 1u backspace for split backspace support? Otherwise one has to resort to novelties.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 October 2023, 01:07:44 »
Really nice looking set. I really like the light yellow number row, but to better support a 60% (HHKB or otherwise) or 65% shouldn't that row also have matching Escape key and 1u backslash and 1u backspace for split backspace support? Otherwise one has to resort to novelties.

Noted. We will also be looking at changing the numpad for the same reason.

Offline Thumb Key

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 22:14:35 »
Great theme! I like it. But...the atmosphere of the rendering doesn't seem to match the inspiration for it

Offline CoolPenguin1

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 10:54:02 »
Consider putting in a R1 equals (for split plus users, aka everyone that actually uses a numpad.) and a double zero for the numpad kit.

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 November 2023, 09:14:31 »
Are those rendered deskmats planned, or something similar?

Offline section311

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 December 2023, 12:49:29 »
The set is officially on sale on keykobo.com Appears there is an kit change with latin alpha being included in the Japanese base.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 December 2023, 17:49:04 »
The set is officially on sale on keykobo.com Appears there is an kit change with latin alpha being included in the Japanese base.

Thanks for letting us know this IC is over and Keykobo is selling KKB Izakaya in stock.  I wish they had announced it right away, because the EN Base kit is already sold out.

Are you sure their JPN Base kit also includes Latin alphas?  Their JPN Base kit picture doesn't show it.

Do you know of any other vendors selling this set?

Offline keepoto

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 December 2023, 23:40:02 »

Thanks for letting us know this IC is over and Keykobo is selling KKB Izakaya in stock.  I wish they had announced it right away, because the EN Base kit is already sold out.

Are you sure their JPN Base kit also includes Latin alphas?  Their JPN Base kit picture doesn't show it.

From discussion on Chinese internet (aka QQ) seems to be the case, but best to have someone ping keykobo in their discord server I guess

Offline section311

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 00:53:42 »

From discussion on Chinese internet (aka QQ) seems to be the case, but best to have someone ping keykobo in their discord server I guess

It is stated on the zfrontier blog page. In regards to buying it, just buy it off keykobo.com. It's shipping is 4usd to North America.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 31 December 2023, 02:31:17 »

It is stated on the zfrontier blog page. In regards to buying it, just buy it off keykobo.com. It's shipping is 4usd to North America.

KeyKobo's picture for JPN Base kit doesn't include EN alphas.  Logically this kit would come as shown, not with an additional full set of EN Alphas that aren't in the picture.  So I don't recommend buying from KeyKobo if you want EN Alphas.

https://www.keykobo.com/products/izakaya-%E5%B1%85%E9%85%92%E5%B1%8B?variant=45197169099070

Also, they show their EN Base is sold out.

Offline takuto

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 31 December 2023, 11:02:24 »

KeyKobo's picture for JPN Base kit doesn't include EN alphas.  Logically this kit would come as shown, not with an additional full set of EN Alphas that aren't in the picture.  So I don't recommend buying from KeyKobo if you want EN Alphas.

https://www.keykobo.com/products/izakaya-%E5%B1%85%E9%85%92%E5%B1%8B?variant=45197169099070
Show Image

Also, they show their EN Base is sold out.
Show Image

Yeah, it shows "sold out" on the main site because it will automatically be included with the purchase of the JP base. In addition to the explanation from the zFrontier post, this was also confirmed in their Discord server. Anyone who buys the JP base kit will automatically receive the EN alpha kit free of charge.

Combined with the Nov kit + the various accents in the base kit, it should be pretty easy to accommodate two boards with this set. For me personally, this seems like a steal if you're looking for a brown set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 December 2023, 12:27:02 by takuto »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 31 December 2023, 13:37:43 »
OISHII !!!!
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!