geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Group Buy Rules and Guidelines (Updated 2023-09-11)

<< < (3/9) > >>

Faceman76:
Reducing the amount of active group buy threads per vendor will just make their Discord more active and here less active.

If a vendor is struggling or problematic, it would be best to let everyone here easily see it.

Otherwise, everything looks great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bub:

--- Quote from: of_sam on Wed, 03 November 2021, 11:06:32 ---I am very much looking forward to a similar set of rules for the IC section of GH. Please add a minimum required post count and account age for that as well.

--- End quote ---

I'd like this as well.

Also, agreed with Simon on the 2 concurrent posts being pretty low. Its really hurting designers who work hard more than preventing idiots from speedrunning bad designs. Especially with lead times the way they are.

I'm not really against the rule for monthly updates even if most of those updates are "no updates."

I do think having more controls in the IC forum will really help get this place to where the community wants it to be.

Either way, love this forum. Thx for your hardwork.

TyPo.mk:
What happens if you don’t update your GB page monthly?

clik_clak:
So my question is...

What are the consequences of not following these rules? There are a very large number of GB's that are in violation of these guidelines already. I'm referring specifically to the "update once a month" rule.

TyPo.mk:

--- Quote from: clik_clak on Wed, 03 November 2021, 13:24:19 ---So my question is...

What are the consequences of not following these rules? There are a very large number of GB's that are in violation of these guidelines already. I'm referring specifically to the "update once a month" rule.

--- End quote ---

Why would I update my gb thread just to say “no updates” when there are people actively in group buy trying to keep their posts at the top

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version