Author Topic: [IC] GMK Metropolis - (2.28 - Updated Proxies info/prices) | GB Launches 3/25!  (Read 113844 times)

Offline NinjaSquirrel21

Does anybody know if you can pre-order the cable and deskmat from NovelKeys in a single order? Or do those have to be shipped separately like the keycaps?

Offline RamenTechMech

Does anybody know if you can pre-order the cable and deskmat from NovelKeys in a single order? Or do those have to be shipped separately like the keycaps?

I would assume they would be shipped separately as well

Offline Visionaire

I don't think they want you to order anything but the GB in that transaction. Everything else should be ordered in a second transaction.

Offline deejasaurus

My first post on Geekhack. Just wanted to say I joined this GB. I was torn on whether or not to pick up Midnight but I think I'll be happy with the Base kit, Blocks, Cable, and Deskmat.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 March 2019, 18:30:45 by deejasaurus »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
maybe it has been asked, can you add both deskmat and the caps in the same cart?

Offline mgsickler

Yea these all have to be separate due to the different shipping time each will have. I just don't have the space to be able to keep everything that is pending.

Offline iaman

maybe it has been asked, can you add both deskmat and the caps in the same cart?
Nope, since they'll be fulfilled separately.

EDIT: Ooops, I got beat to the punch

Offline tentboy

already purchased base and midnight kits :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
already purchased base and midnight kits :)

thanks!

ALL in guys.

Offline Jaycob_Creighton

Ordered, this is my first group buy, I regret nothing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline rowie

Render base color is really off with the real thing. It's far brighter than what is shown on the color comparison pics. I guess it's safe to assume it will come off as 98% black.
My worry as well, since the base color sample in the imgur album looks almost black.

Iirc Nephlock has mentioned that he would ensure the colors stay true to the renders though.

Hopefully that's the case, because as it is now I'm not too keen on it being really close to black unless you scrutinize it, then you can tell the difference (barely). Also I haven't been up to date with this thread, is there any news about price drops for reaching certain MOQ?

I’ll just have to wait for the sampling as I’m not sure how I’d feel if it is closer to black. I like the dark navy and the desk mat looks like a dark navy or is it supposed to look almost black? Hard to tell since resolutions will differ in all screens.

Offline nephlock

Render base color is really off with the real thing. It's far brighter than what is shown on the color comparison pics. I guess it's safe to assume it will come off as 98% black.
My worry as well, since the base color sample in the imgur album looks almost black.

Iirc Nephlock has mentioned that he would ensure the colors stay true to the renders though.

Hopefully that's the case, because as it is now I'm not too keen on it being really close to black unless you scrutinize it, then you can tell the difference (barely). Also I haven't been up to date with this thread, is there any news about price drops for reaching certain MOQ?

I’ll just have to wait for the sampling as I’m not sure how I’d feel if it is closer to black. I like the dark navy and the desk mat looks like a dark navy or is it supposed to look almost black? Hard to tell since resolutions will differ in all screens.

Part of the reason the swatch appears so dark is because it is VERY small and on a field of bright white causing more contrast. Pulling an image from page 3, you can see the same swatch next to black, and on top of a US passport.

For those concerned, I will be matching color to the renders. If a sample comes in black, it fails. If you have to scrutinize to tell the difference, it fails. Assuming it will come out black disregards any control during the sampling phases.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
I believe this will be one of those very light dependant colors, like Phantom. Depending on lighting, Phantom can be a very rich purple, but in other (most) lighting conditions it can look close to black. This blue seems even more difficult, but I believe the runner has shown us that he will do everything he can to make sure the sample is satisfactory!  :thumb:

Offline HungryPillow

I'm in for a set, now for the long wait!
Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Filco Majestouch MX Blues | Corsair K70 RGB MX Browns | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clears / Browns | WhiteFox Aria MX Browns

Offline PiotrMKG

Hello,

Ordered all but midnight set, now wait for september.

Offline BlankeyGotCaps

Order in and set... Ended up getting all 4 (Mah wallet)  :( . When you finish the artisan where / how will we grab one?

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
Order in and set... Ended up getting all 4 (Mah wallet)  :( . When you finish the artisan where / how will we grab one?

The artisan will be raffled. Meaning, GB participants will have the chance of buying one, so it is more by luck.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline BlankeyGotCaps

Awwww man! Petition for GB's who got all 4 to have higher chances or guarnteed one... GO! XD

Offline Kyru

For the cable, if you chose 3' and coil is the overall cable length 3' or just the straight portion of the cable?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 March 2019, 22:39:18 by Kyru »

Offline nephlock

For the cable, if you chose 3' and coil is the overall cable length 3' or just the straight portion of the cable?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The lengths are final lengths. So whatever you order (coil, connector) will be factored into the 3’ and not in addition to. :)

Offline Starius

I'd like to use this Metropolis cable in a TKC1800, which requires a certain amount of length to pass through interior cable routing before exiting the case.   
Every coil cable I've personally gotten thus far is too short on the usb mini end, however. 
Anyone know if there is a process to order this cable and guarantee adequate length on that end, either before the coil or before an aviator connector? 

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Metropolis love (I’m already in the Gb!)

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 March 2019, 11:46:09 by oldcat »

Offline piit79

(Attachment Link)
A thing of beauty! What board is that?

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline mgsickler

I'd like to use this Metropolis cable in a TKC1800, which requires a certain amount of length to pass through interior cable routing before exiting the case.   
Every coil cable I've personally gotten thus far is too short on the usb mini end, however. 
Anyone know if there is a process to order this cable and guarantee adequate length on that end, either before the coil or before an aviator connector?

If you have specific requirements for a cable, hit up Spaztikolon from Spaztik Cables, and he can make a custom tailored one for you. The price will be a little bit higher, but I know that he is willing to do that. :)

Also, just a quick numbers update.

Without updates from the proxies here are our numbers from yesterday.

Base - 101
Midnight - 25
Signs - 69
Blocks - 46

I would imagine we are closer to 150 base with all of the proxies. Because this is performing so well, we are already starting the color matching process. :)

Nephlock really hit a home-run with this set!

Offline Starius

If you have specific requirements for a cable, hit up Spaztikolon from Spaztik Cables, and he can make a custom tailored one for you. The price will be a little bit higher, but I know that he is willing to do that. :)

Thank you for the advice, I shall do that!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

(Attachment Link)
A thing of beauty! What board is that?

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Think6.5, you probably seen it, amazing with metropolis :)
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99634

Offline nephlock

GB post is now live! Please transfer all communications over there

To the moooooon!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Also, just a quick numbers update.

Without updates from the proxies here are our numbers from yesterday.

Base - 101
Midnight - 25
Signs - 69
Blocks - 46

I would imagine we are closer to 150 base with all of the proxies. Because this is performing so well, we are already starting the color matching process. :)

Nephlock really hit a home-run with this set!

amazing

Offline lun0r

i am a Metropolitan now too! :)

Great Set, thank you very much for making the Base Kit widely compatible !
With most other sets i have to order at least 1 Special set to get my Keys together.

Now i have time until the End of the GB to scratch together another 70 € to get the Signs :D

Greets from Germany

Offline nmd

Oh my god.

I haven't been here in forever, but I saw this on reddit, and totally had to log back in after so many years lol.

This is the best set I've ever seen, but my god is it way too expensive to get the extras. :( It sucks, I want it so bad but I'll have to wait until it's on the aftermarket and twice the price. /cry

It's like the only one that actually made me want to spend a ton on a keyset. So pretty.

Offline ChitownM2

In for a set of caps, cable & deskmat. I wish there was a way to combine shipping on the items, but I get that it would be a pain to hold onto everything.

Offline DetectiveNio

Any updates on the collab KF artisan? Missed the wavez artisan cuz they did it at the beginning of group buy :(

OOPS shouldve posted over at the GB post

Offline nephlock

[IC] GMK Metropolis - (2.28 - Updated Proxies info/prices) | GB Launches 3/25!
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 16:14:29 »
Any updates on the collab KF artisan? Missed the wavez artisan cuz they did it at the beginning of group buy :(

No worries! KF Has been delayed with his last sale, but ours are definitely coming. Our raffle will be done throughout the entire buying window though, so you can rest easy.

Will update you guys as soon as I have something :)

Offline vonswoopington

No worries! KF Has been delayed with his last sale, but ours are definitely coming. Our raffle will be done throughout the entire buying window though, so you can rest easy.

Will update you guys as soon as I have something :)

Awesome this is how it should be done :) .  I'll be joining this week!
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Thats my order for everything placed.  I can't wait to see how this turns out.  Need to find a new KB to put it on and I hope it is the Rama Works TKL.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline psvntrm

I dont know if i should get this or gmk wabez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hokabuki

I was thinking same but might have to bite the bullet and do both. Love that the bum pad is included in the base kit for Metropolis.

Offline piit79

...bum pad...

Great typo :-D

Offline psvntrm

I was thinking same but might have to bite the bullet and do both. Love that the bum pad is included in the base kit for Metropolis.

Going to be $600 for both

Offline juliandoucette

Hello,

Sorry for the basic question (I'm new to custom key caps).

Will one of the spacebars in the block kit fit a Corsair K63?

Offline Jaycob_Creighton

Hello,

Sorry for the basic question (I'm new to custom key caps).

Will one of the spacebars in the block kit fit a Corsair K63?
In short yes, a space bar in the block set will fit your board (the space bar on the base set will as well), however your board has a non-standard bottom row so getting the control/alt/win/fn key to work together will be a problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline paulogdm2

Just purchased:
1x Deskmat
1x Cable 7" w/ Coil
2x Base
1x Midnight
1x Symbols
1x Blocks

Great way to start the hobby if you ask me!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Any update on this?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline gt1989

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Stands up, takes hands, places on face and falls straight ahead onto floor.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More