Author Topic: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | GB Nov 7th  (Read 58234 times)

Offline r00dy

• like it, buy it. don't like it, don't buy it
Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | Second Prototype Has Arrived
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 15 May 2022, 18:22:05 »
I need one for Alps, make it so!

We're actually looking into this and I hope we can make it happen.

The rev2 prototype (in pc) has arrived. I've updated the changelog, main post, and first comment with the appropriate pictures and text to highlight the changes. If you want clear feet, you can buy them here but please note that the board was not explicitly designed to pair with the clear feet. Design decisions regarding the feet are nonnegotiable from here on out.

We're currently waiting on the aluminum prototype (currently in the anodizing stage). The order for the aluminum prototype includes a variety of plates including pc, pom, fr4, pp, and cf in addition to the original aluminum plate. Once we receive the aluminum prototype and plates, we'll record some new soundtests and determine the next steps.

Definitely interested in this board. Never quite got into 60% personally, but I actually really like the design of this one (+ my birthday is in January). Hopefully the alu proto also looks great and maybe a soundtest for that as well? I really appreciate all the efforts going into prototyping before the gb and hopefully everything turns out well! :D

Thanks! The aluminum prototype is almost here and we'll definitely make a soundtest with a variety of plates and switches for reference. I've added some more pictures of the polycarbonate prototype with the wrist rest.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | Second Prototype
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 12:11:41 »
A   copycat  Features   Hello Mr Sam.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 11:53:53 »
any chance to increase the case height by 1mm? looks like it barely covers recessed stem GMK keycaps, if using SA or KAT would result in a huge gap between bottom row and the case

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 14:00:46 »
This looks great! I really like the Polycarb case and wrist rest combo. Happy to help with EU proxying when you're ready.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 15:38:18 »
any chance to increase the case height by 1mm? looks like it barely covers recessed stem GMK keycaps, if using SA or KAT would result in a huge gap between bottom row and the case

The pictures with the white/beige keycaps are crp on the second prototype not gmk. I think the polycarbonate case and the picture angle contribute to how the keycaps appear exposed. We had a slight fitment issue with the daughterboard in the second prototype that may be raising the pcb slightly but I am currently using the first prototype and the keycaps definitely sit below the sides. The height is already 0.5mm higher than most designs so we will probably keep the current height. Here is a preview of the height with gmk firefly on the aluminum prototype for reference:

286483-0

This looks great! I really like the Polycarb case and wrist rest combo. Happy to help with EU proxying when you're ready.

Thanks!

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 15:59:31 »
this board is gorgeous and I can't wait to be able purchase

Offline infinitum

• i buy expensive plastic
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 16:52:28 »
new alu proto looks so nice!
any idea when sale will happen?

Offline r00dy

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 20:52:54 »
new alu proto looks so nice!
any idea when sale will happen?

this board is gorgeous and I can't wait to be able purchase

Thanks! We're ordering another round of prototypes since we're not 100% satisfied with the current round but we're hoping to run the groupbuy soon after. I've added more pictures of the aluminum prototype and updated the details.

Offline r00dy

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 17:54:23 »
I need one for Alps, make it so!

We're actually looking into this and I hope we can make it happen.

The rev2 prototype (in pc) has arrived. I've updated the changelog, main post, and first comment with the appropriate pictures and text to highlight the changes. If you want clear feet, you can buy them here but please note that the board was not explicitly designed to pair with the clear feet. Design decisions regarding the feet are nonnegotiable from here on out.

We're currently waiting on the aluminum prototype (currently in the anodizing stage). The order for the aluminum prototype includes a variety of plates including pc, pom, fr4, pp, and cf in addition to the original aluminum plate. Once we receive the aluminum prototype and plates, we'll record some new soundtests and determine the next steps.

Definitely interested in this board. Never quite got into 60% personally, but I actually really like the design of this one (+ my birthday is in January). Hopefully the alu proto also looks great and maybe a soundtest for that as well? I really appreciate all the efforts going into prototyping before the gb and hopefully everything turns out well! :D

Bumping the thread since we've added a soundtest for the aluminum proto with all 6 plate materials in the main post. We're placing the order for the final round of prototypes this week.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | Second Prototype Soundtests
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 19:30:17 »
Unikorn dalco coping

It's ok
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline r00dy

Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | Second Prototype Soundtests
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 15:49:18 »
Unikorn dalco coping

It's ok

Flush weight, concealed screws, and seamless. There are other differences as well.

I've updated the main thread with pics from our final round of prototypes. I'll update/bump the thread again in the coming weeks as we finalize streams and groupbuy information.

Offline nonuser

Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | Final Prototyping Round 08/24
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 18:07:40 »
uhhhh... I think you're 7 months late  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) You should name the board 7 months late LMAOO !!!!! :)) :)) :))
either way GLWIC  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Backspace2

• Third most used key on the keyboard is Backspace!
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 20:02:41 »
Seems interesting. Curious to see what the TBD price is.
Yes

Offline r00dy

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 23:10:46 »
Seems interesting. Curious to see what the TBD price is.

Updated with the price. We're looking at $265 USD w/o a PCB (explanation is in the main post).

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | Pricing Announced 08/31
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 11:24:47 »
pricing is chefskiss. well done sir, I'll be in for a frosted PC unit.

Offline Tsenohebot

Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | Pricing Announced 08/31
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 12:30:28 »
Add a UK vendor and I'll buy 2 of these.

Offline r00dy

Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | Streams on 09/10 & 09/11
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 19:45:09 »
Add a UK vendor and I'll buy 2 of these.

Thanks! We have a UK vendor on board, just trying to iron out the remaining logistics.

We have 2 streams scheduled for the upcoming weekend:

1. Meepergon on Saturday (September 10th) at 1 PM PDT (https://www.twitch.tv/meepergon)

2. Alexotos on Sunday (September 11th) at 1 PM EDT (https://www.twitch.tv/alexotos)

I've attached more information on the main post regarding the build configurations for those who are interested

Offline Slimey

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 02:51:42 »
I assume a dz60 pcb would be compatible?

Offline Slimey

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 03:04:19 »
Nevermind, realised the board uses a jst.

Offline shendoo

• *RAUGHS*
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 17:35:22 »
Will we have the choice of weight? I really like the one on the alu but want a smoked polycarb case!
Also, will there be a PCB sold along with the case or we have to purchase this on our own?
Can't wait for GB!

Offline Narcolepsy

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 18:26:47 »
Will we have the choice of weight? I really like the one on the alu but want a smoked polycarb case!
Also, will there be a PCB sold along with the case or we have to purchase this on our own?
Can't wait for GB!

There will only be one weight design with the January signature. No numbered units on the weight or other designs. The ones in the pictures were custom for the FnF/Prototype units. Also no smoked PC versions for the GB, only frosted. The smoked PC case has QC issues that would be an issue for a larger run.

Edit: From the main post, January compatible PCBS will be sold separately - I assume during the GB.
Edit #2: Smoked PC is now being offered.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 November 2022, 01:23:08 by Narcolepsy »

Offline shendoo

• *RAUGHS*
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 08:51:53 »

There will only be one weight design with the January signature. No numbered units on the weight or other designs. The ones in the pictures were custom for the FnF/Prototype units. Also no smoked PC versions for the GB, only frosted. The smoked PC case has QC issues that would be an issue for a larger run.

Edit: From the main post, January compatible PCBS will be sold separately - I assume during the GB.

That's too bad for the smoked PC :( still in for it though! Thanks for the info  ;D

Offline r00dy

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 01 November 2022, 23:50:28 »
We've decided to bring back smoked PC after talking to both vendors and the factory. The price will be slightly higher for the smoked PC units to account for additional QC and B-stock units. The start date has been set to November 7th. I'll update the main post soon with all the finalized information before posting the groupbuy thread.

Offline DaaDaa

Re: [IC] January - 60% O-Ring Mount | GB Nov 7th
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 04 November 2022, 16:08:24 »
will wilba pcbs be compatible? or is it a proprietary pcb?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline r00dy

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 16:27:25 »
will wilba pcbs be compatible? or is it a proprietary pcb?

I'm not sure which pcb you're referring to or where the post cutouts are on the pcb. I would venture to say that it's probably not compatible with the January but I'd need to know which pcb and where the post cutouts are to be certain.

The groupbuy post is up: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=118764.0

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 17:36:52 »
Man this is like my dream board, but I rlly wanted a wkl oring 60.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk