Author Topic: [IC] Memento - Group Buy Thread Live!  (Read 23834 times)

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
[IC] Memento - Group Buy Thread Live!
« on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 13:50:56 »
Latest Update
Hey everyone!

I’m pleased to finally announce the group buy information for Memento.

The buy will take place on Saturday, December 11th at 10AM EST. All other information, including pricing, extras, and prototype pictures, can be found on our website, which has been updated in preparation for the buy. https://eniigmakeyboards.com/collections/memento

We’re super excited about the final prototype, and how high-quality it feels in hand. It is truly something we are proud to stand behind. However, we understand that after the Vertigo quality letdown, that some of you may have some concerns about it happening again, so we created a changelog to highlight some of the improvements. https://eniigmakeyboards.com/pages/memento-prototype-changelog

We’re looking forward to seeing many of you on December 11th! We will continue keeping y’all updated until then! Keep an eye out later this week for some build streams.

Thank you all!

Hey everyone!

Welcome to the Memento interest check.
This board has been a long time in the making, and we're excited to finally show all the details off.

Memento is a 60% board, with a robust, three-piece construction.

The board is comprised of three pieces; the shell, the base, and the bottom plate. The plate is mounted to the board with an o-ring gasket.

Special Edition:
-Ink Black aluminum WKL shell piece
-Sterling Silver aluminum base piece
-Rainbow PVD Stainless Steel backplate
-Sterling Silver full aluminum plate
 -Custom ek60 PCB (QMK/VIA compatible) with daughterboard
-Price: $615
-Quantity: 100
-Date: December 11th, 2021 at 10AM EST
-Estimated Ship Date: Late Summer 2022

PCB Layout Info

(Note: ISO only supported with custom plate files)

Group Buy Info
TBA (targeting some time this summer)

Prototype Pictures
These are pictures of the final prototype.

Big thanks to Lewis of Hand Engineering for being a great springboard for ideas, and to gautema for developing our raffle system.

Another thanks goes out to to everyone in our Discord server. Feel free to join to receive updates and other news early, and see sneak peaks behind the scenes of what's going on. And special thanks to the people/rats who've been watching this project develop over the last few months, your words of encouragement mean a lot.

Feel free to follow us on Instagram to see more of this board!
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 December 2021, 13:46:06 by eniigma »

Offline Xanira

Re: [IC] Memento - a 60% WKL keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 13:55:22 »
Yess pls I can't wait for this

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 13:55:32 »
Memento so lit, the bottom finish is incredible (who does not love screws?), now waiting for the chance to get it  ;D ;D ;D

Offline dRnRcRr

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 13:56:01 »
Im in. Another banger.

Offline supbeez

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 13:57:14 »
That SE weight is crazy. Love it and totally in!

Offline Invezting

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:01:17 »
eniigma gud

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:04:02 »

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:06:34 »
YotS!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:14:49 »
Stunning 60%, expertly put together. One to keep your eye on! :thumb:

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:18:08 »
What is the front height? I love the sides but it looks a bit tall

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:30:58 »
What is the front height? I love the sides but it looks a bit tall
Front height is about 19.3mm!

Offline Zex

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:31:34 »
Looks good! WK top please!

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:45:14 »
That's absolutely stunning. TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE

Offline novelflyer

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 15:06:04 »
Nice looking weight!  :D

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 15:30:56 »
crazy poggers design as usual

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 15:50:19 »
This keyboard looks beatiful.

Great looking top enclosure, check.
Nice looking side profile, check.
And that bottom... damn, so beautiful.

Great work on display overall.
I'll be keeping an eye on this.  :thumb:

Offline Oggi

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 16:35:49 »
You could afford to lose a couple of those screws mate

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 16:43:10 »
It’s more of a stylistic choice! In theory, the design could be executed without external facing screws, but this was something we had envisioned in the early stages of the design.

Offline Oggi

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 16:44:35 »
It’s more of a stylistic choice! In theory, the design could be executed without external facing screws, but this was something we had envisioned in the early stages of the design.

I get that, but I feel like the same aesthetic could be excecuted with 6 screws

I hate screwing things in though might be biased

Offline EnlargedCrouton

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 16:52:38 »
looks amazing, just don't like how their aren't any "normal" colored standard edition boards

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 19:26:56 »

I get that, but I feel like the same aesthetic could be excecuted with 6 screws

I hate screwing things in though might be biased
Totally understand this sentiment! The outer screws can’t use 6 screws, due to the centered daughterboard. 5 screws was an option, but we weren’t a fan of the asymmetrical look.

The bottom plate screws could have likely been simplified, but we kept it consistent with the rest of the board.

Thank you for voicing your opinion though, it really does mean a lot and we’ll certainly keep stuff like that in mind for the future.

Offline thestrayed

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 20:45:00 »
Love it. Can't wait for it

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 00:39:07 »
Looks really really good!!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline ljyel

• gamecube
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 02:05:18 »
Gotta get me an eniigma 60% to match by 65%  ;)
Keyboards: Think6.5v2 | Plume65 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | Vertigo

Offline growler

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 08:18:54 »
I like it if HHKB or ANSI. And without any of the bottom screws. Otherwise, very nice.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 15:54:23 »
Forgot to mention - there is a sound test for this board!

Feel free to take a look.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 17:04:50 »
Wow, loving everything about this except maybe the price heh. This is definitely top contender in my search for a WKL o-ring 60. Colors are looking amazing, would kill to see ano samples.

Offline Mellohop

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 17:12:37 »
side profile is dreamy

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 18:29:00 »
That SE is so nice. Why are so many nice boards coming out at the same time  :(

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 20:00:49 »
( ¶ )
I have been pretty disappointed in the majority of engraving / insignias on the bottom of keyboards and weights lately. Yours looks fantastic.
There are a lot of interesting design choices that keep things innovative, fresh and streamlined.
Has daughterboard.
Prototype exists already.
I don't think 110 people are going to care what the price is at all.
Damn - looks great.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 July 2021, 20:16:30 by HappyB0T »

Offline RedBananaBread

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 08:06:13 »
Damn, this board is sexy AF :thumb:

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 09:41:43 »
STONKS  ^-^

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 10:39:11 »
Wow, loving everything about this except maybe the price heh. This is definitely top contender in my search for a WKL o-ring 60. Colors are looking amazing, would kill to see ano samples.
We actually already have ano samples! I will take some photos and post them later this weekend.

We also have parts being made in every single GB configuration, just to see them at their full scale, so be on the lookout for those photos.

Offline amillie

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 10:31:48 »
The SE got me feeling some type of way. I'm watching this closely

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 19:47:39 »
Here are the pictures of the color chips, as requested!

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 21:04:49 »
That green is very pleasing. It'll be a tough decision between that and the light blue.

Offline Yehuo.

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 22:02:32 »
273967-0Just to explain my personal opinion to prevent everyone in the community from stepping on landmines. This is the last design vertigo from the eniigma team. In the picture is the peeling off of the E-white surface marked by my bottom, one of which is 1cm, but Enigma said that this is within the range of A-stock's qc standard, and that if it is to be replaced, the rest of the bottom will also have this situation. It may be that there is something wrong with my understanding of A-stcok!!
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 August 2021, 22:13:10 by Yehuo. »

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 01:10:38 »
(Attachment Link) Just to explain my personal opinion to prevent everyone in the community from stepping on landmines. This is the last design vertigo from the eniigma team. In the picture is the peeling off of the E-white surface marked by my bottom, one of which is 1cm, but Enigma said that this is within the range of A-stock's qc standard, and that if it is to be replaced, the rest of the bottom will also have this situation. It may be that there is something wrong with my understanding of A-stcok!!

this + its 565 for a standard edition for a 60% with a thin ss backplate.  A 60%!!!

I get that these designs are nice and all, but we should not be encouraging eniigma pricing, esp when e-coating wearing out is considered a-stock.

how much is the LE going to be?  $1200 for a 60%?  give me a break.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 August 2021, 01:21:15 by mr_fro2000 »

Offline growler

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 01:56:40 »
Well  that's pretty much my mind made up. I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 08:56:06 »
(Attachment Link) Just to explain my personal opinion to prevent everyone in the community from stepping on landmines. This is the last design vertigo from the eniigma team. In the picture is the peeling off of the E-white surface marked by my bottom, one of which is 1cm, but Enigma said that this is within the range of A-stock's qc standard, and that if it is to be replaced, the rest of the bottom will also have this situation. It may be that there is something wrong with my understanding of A-stcok!!
Our full response (posted earlier in Discord)
More
Hey everyone, woke up to this pleasant surprise so figured I’d put something together to explain the other side of it.

Here are the defects in question, that customer “Yehuo” reached out with.

https://i.imgur.com/lHMVUVP.png

He sent us an initial photo of his board, in which we couldn’t even spot the defects, and at that time, we told him that based on what we were looking at, it would not be a B-stock board as he was suggesting. However, we still offered him a $20 partial refund. He sent a new photo (the one attached) and said that the flaws are clearly massive, and that our QC standards are too low and “stupid”, and that if we should’ve marked the board as C-stock or lower.

At this point, he also decided that going through us for support wasn’t enough, and took to the Discord server to hurl childish insults at us. I entered the chat and asked him to take this to DMs so we could resolve the issue, he continue his rant, I ignored and DM’d him.

As the customer had shipped his board to a US address (and then paid a proxy service), our normal procedure for returns is to cover the shipping cost up to what was paid in the order. In his case, this was around $30 but we decided to make that amount $50 to help him out. He also requested a $100 partial refund, which we declined, and said that a $50 partial refund was fair.

In the end, he decided to pick none of the presented options and went the nuclear route. Which achieves nothing.

This group buy has been a learning experience for us, with how we can better manage timelines, QC, and the overall customer experience. There were things that went supremely well, and things that could’ve went better with it. This was our largest group buy yet (nearly 120 units!), and despite some people needing partial refunds/replacements, I’d be lying if I said we weren’t thrilled with the final outcome. We’ve worked closely with everyone thus far to resolve issues with gaskets, PCBs, and general QC defects, and this is the first case where a customer has walked away unsatisfied.

It’s unfortunate how this all went down, but it isn’t a common occurrence. In fact, this is the first time ever we’ve had something like this happen. We’re still actively providing customer support and replacements to Infinitum customers, at that. We still want to make this right, but we stand by what we’ve said and the resolutions we’ve offered, and despite all this, they do still stand.

A tip to all others reaching out with potential QC issues in the future - keep in mind that we (and anyone else doing QC!) are all humans, and sending rude, angry messages don’t achieve much at all. We’re all doing our best, and it’s never fun to have to deal with those types of customers. 

If anyone has any specific questions regarding this incident, feel free to reach out.

Offline Yehuo.

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 12:04:52 »
I really put up with you for a long time. You have been emphasizing your QC standards. I would like to ask everyone in the community. The electrophoresis of more than 1CM in my reply picture above has fallen off. Is this the normal A-stock QC standard range? When you posted an announcement in your discord to explain your QC standards and discredit me, you and your administrator expressed approval for your announcement, the masses did not support you
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 August 2021, 12:53:09 by Yehuo. »

Offline dandruff

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 17:13:05 »

I didn't get one, but I've seen far too many like this (4+ now(?)) not to say "this." Design-wise, I think it's top-notch though.

Don't usually want to pick a side, but for the price that it went for, I think it's safe to say it wasn't the best manu QC-wise. Don't want to make any exact assumption but because this isn't the only vertigo I've seen with issues, I think asking for a replacement should be acceptable in this case. (especially since there was an extras sale... I think GB customers should've been prioritized)

this + its 565 for a standard edition for a 60% with a thin ss backplate.  A 60%!!!

I get that these designs are nice and all, but we should not be encouraging eniigma pricing, esp when e-coating wearing out is considered a-stock.

how much is the LE going to be?  $1200 for a 60%?  give me a break.

Stop... I bought the SE Piggy for myself as a graduation gift... and no regrets here!
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 August 2021, 17:21:25 by dandruff »

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 18:54:04 »

Yikes that has to be a new low for A-stock. In comparison, I got a B-stock 7V and I just could not tell how it was not an A-stock.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 20:45:06 »

Stop... I bought the SE Piggy for myself as a graduation gift... and no regrets here!

Piggy is like 2x the size and materials... bigger than even a 65%.  And is the SE all brass?  If so, I'm sure the value prop is fine if not very good.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 21:14:07 »
Not going to continue beating this dead horse, but all other cases with QC defects have been resolved with either partial refunds or replacement, and never did we claim for this to be an A-stock board. The main reason we didn't offer to pay the entire shipping cost from the customer back to us for a return was due to the customer choosing to ship the board through a US proxy, and we agreed to pay the amount paid at checkout (and some) instead of the $100+ USD the customer proposed. Again, for anyone wanting to learn more about the incident, please read the writeup posted here earlier.

Going to be locking this thread for a couple of weeks while we're away, and to put an end to the irrelevant discussion. New prototype pictures and group buy date will be announced soon!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 20:22:21 »
Hey everyone,

Wanted to put out a statement regarding the Vertigo group buy, as there were some things that went wrong. We're working hard to fix these issues behind the scenes, and we'll be holding off on running this group buy for a little while longer until we iron out those issues.

We've put out a full statement, so please feel free to read it if you're interested in what we're doing to improve things here at Eniigma Keyboards going forward.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zZUQSfRq16Ty7I5cmVxR69J0L8qjBUp-Hv7MGFj7I2s/view

Here's an image of one of the three new prototypes we received this week. More to come.

Offline vicious7

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 22:22:06 »
OMG!!!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 10:14:35 »
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since we've given an update here, so here it is!

The final colorway has been selected, and it will be the black/rainbow PVD colorway that many of you were looking forward to. Excited to finally be getting into the group buy phase for this amazing board, and we can't wait for you all to try it. Thanks, everyone!

For more information and updates on the board, be sure to join our Discord server and follow us on Instagram.

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 November 2021, 10:24:03 by eniigma »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
Re: [IC] Memento - Group Buy Soon!
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 15:28:30 »
Hey everyone!

I’m pleased to finally announce the group buy information for Memento.

The buy will take place on Saturday, December 11th at 10AM EST. All other information, including pricing, extras, and prototype pictures, can be found on our website, which has been updated in preparation for the buy. https://eniigmakeyboards.com/collections/memento

We’re super excited about the final prototype, and how high-quality it feels in hand. It is truly something we are proud to stand behind. However, we understand that after the Vertigo quality letdown, that some of you may have some concerns about it happening again, so we created a changelog to highlight some of the improvements. https://eniigmakeyboards.com/pages/memento-prototype-changelog

We’re looking forward to seeing many of you on December 11th! We will continue keeping y’all updated until then! Keep an eye out later this week for some build streams.

Thank you all!

Offline expensive

Re: [IC] Memento - Group Buy December 11th
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 17:05:44 »
not getting in trouble

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk