Author Topic: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 (QC, Shipping) 100% shipped  (Read 427507 times)

Online o3okevin

Re: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 (QC, Shipping) 99% shipped
« Reply #1250 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 07:36:48 »
Has anyone built their jane with a hiney PCB and Fr4 Plate? Can you tell me the orientation of the Enter stab? North facing looks like it wouldn't fully clear and hit the plate and I'm not sure about south facing.
I had to have the stabilizer hole on my fr4 plate filed to accommodate a North-facing wire (which is the only way it fit on the pcb anyways); without filing it wouldn't return completely

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #1251 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 11:14:39 »
I'm really slow to the race here. Received my Jane v2 months ago and haven't had a spare minute to build it. Buying your first home and diving head first into renovation can swallow your life hole.

I finally have a little downtime this week and plan on building it within the next few days.

Has there been issues w/ QC and PCB problems? I certainly hope I'm not too late as I didn't get a chance to test anything yet.

Thanks!

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1252 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 09:39:50 »
I'm really slow to the race here. Received my Jane v2 months ago and haven't had a spare minute to build it. Buying your first home and diving head first into renovation can swallow your life hole.

I finally have a little downtime this week and plan on building it within the next few days.

Has there been issues w/ QC and PCB problems? I certainly hope I'm not too late as I didn't get a chance to test anything yet.

Thanks!

I know that feel, we're just now settled in after 8 months, still tons to do.

I haven't heard of any QC issues, but the good news is hineybush is cranking out H87A's all the time now, and they are both compatible with the Jane and support QMK. So if you do need another, they are pretty available. I believe the stock TGR PCB has also been ported to QMK.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1253 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 09:55:55 »
I believe the stock TGR PCB has also been ported to QMK.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mechmerlin  :cool: :cool:

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #1254 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 19:10:10 »

Thanks!

I haven't heard of any QC issues, but the good news is hineybush is cranking out H87A's all the time now, and they are both compatible with the Jane and support QMK. So if you do need another, they are pretty available. I believe the stock TGR PCB has also been ported to QMK.

What are the odds? I finally built my Jane v2 and have been loving every second of it. I just returned to my PC after doing some drywall work, and I'm getting zero input from the keyboard.

The USB connects to Windows 10, but I'm getting this error message:

https://i.imgur.com/wJdUlbZ.png

I can't get it to work now at all. I spent a good 6 hours lubing Cherry MX blacks for this thing and I will not be happy if I have to desolder all of these switches -_-.

I tried swapping USB ports. I even swapped cables. Rebooted 3 times. No input anymore. I'm now back on my ES-87 and not sure what to do.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2019, 19:14:26 by bmilcs »

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1255 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 20:16:33 »
Only thing I can think of is uninstalling the device in Device Manager to get it to reload the drivers. Sometimes helps, but I’m not familiar with why or if this is one of those cases.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1256 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 21:04:00 »
Not guaranteed to work but Bootmapper has been around for awhile so usually Google will provide someone who has had the same issue as you and can guide you on the right path. Most issues I’ve run into have a solution or work around. This person (see link) said they just reconnected USB and held “U”. I’m unsure if it’s a different key for a TKL.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4976gx/help_winkeyless_b_mini_stopped_working/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2019, 21:06:43 by Mr_BeastQuake »

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1257 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 00:35:21 »

Thanks!

What are the odds? I finally built my Jane v2 and have been loving every second of it. I just returned to my PC after doing some drywall work, and I'm getting zero input from the keyboard.

I can't get it to work now at all. I spent a good 6 hours lubing Cherry MX blacks for this thing and I will not be happy if I have to desolder all of these switches -_-.

I tried swapping USB ports. I even swapped cables. Rebooted 3 times. No input anymore. I'm now back on my ES-87 and not sure what to do.
Sorry to hear that. Try unplug the board > hold the top left most key and plug in > go to bootmapper > Options > Set USB > Set Keyboard

Let me know how it goes
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #1258 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 05:06:45 »

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that. Try unplug the board > hold the top left most key and plug in > go to bootmapper > Options > Set USB > Set Keyboard

Let me know how it goes

Wow it worked. I was nearly certain my USB was dead. Thanks yuktsi. Any idea why/how this occurred?

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #1259 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 06:51:47 »
Glad to hear it worked out for you! Was just about to say if you live in MA and run into desperate need of a spare stock pcb, I am more than happy to toss an extra one of mine your way to help! As in how that couldve happened, perhaps the pcb was not flashed correctly the first time? That would just be my guess...

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #1260 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 11:14:22 »
Glad to hear it worked out for you! Was just about to say if you live in MA and run into desperate need of a spare stock pcb, I am more than happy to toss an extra one of mine your way to help! As in how that couldve happened, perhaps the pcb was not flashed correctly the first time? That would just be my guess...

No clue. I live in Western MA, right outside of Springfield. Where are you? :)

I was told that the keyboard might've accidentally been put into PS/2 mode on plugging it in. Either way, following Yuktsi's instructions worked like a charm.

What switches did everyone go with?

I'm really enjoying the GPL105/205 63.5g Retooled Blacks.

BUT... I have this weird desire to swap to CLICKY switches. I've only used them for a brief period of time (1-2 days), before selling the built board.

I'm not up on things, but is there a way to lube clicky switches without losing the satisfying auditory feedback?

Offline adxlk

« Reply #1261 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 11:30:56 »

No clue. I live in Western MA, right outside of Springfield. Where are you? :)

I was told that the keyboard might've accidentally been put into PS/2 mode on plugging it in. Either way, following Yuktsi's instructions worked like a charm.

What switches did everyone go with?

I'm really enjoying the GPL105/205 63.5g Retooled Blacks.

BUT... I have this weird desire to swap to CLICKY switches. I've only used them for a brief period of time (1-2 days), before selling the built board.

I'm not up on things, but is there a way to lube clicky switches without losing the satisfying auditory feedback?

55g Retooled Blacks. It's a massive nut.

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #1262 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 12:18:21 »
Does anyone have an extra pc plate? I’m down to pay generously, thanks!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 14:04:03 »
Does anyone have an extra pc plate? I’m down to pay generously, thanks!

It's not PC, but Hiney sells a FR4 plate.

https://hineybush.com/collections/all-products/products/fr4-plates-mx?variant=26669909803072

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1264 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 11:23:32 »
For those wanting to use VIA on the TGR Jane V2....it has been done!
https://github.com/the-via/keyboards/pull/95

Flash the latest VIA firmware available on caniusevia.com, load up VIA, plug in your board and configure away!

TGR Jane V2 CE coming up next!

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #1265 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 11:35:32 »

Flash the latest VIA firmware available on caniusevia.com, load up VIA, plug in your board and configure away!

This is awesome. Thank you so much!  :thumb:

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1266 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 18:37:50 »

Offline ninjadoc

Re: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 (QC, Shipping) 100% shipped
« Reply #1267 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 12:11:31 »
Have the plate files been released? I can't find them anywhere.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1268 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 14:32:56 »

here u go

https://filebin.net/h04eznwziz188uha
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1269 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 13:25:53 »

here u go

Thank you very much.

Offline Nevermore012

« Reply #1270 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 22:00:10 »

here u go

could you reupload the plate file, seem it broken when I click it, thank a lot!!!!!

Offline Z41N

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #1271 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 19:40:42 »
This is my first time reading a GB kind of post, so this question may cause some flame:
Is this keyboard available for sale?

/FlameGuardOn

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1272 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 20:02:50 »
This is my first time reading a GB kind of post, so this question may cause some flame:

/FlameGuardOn

no it was sold and shipped months ago
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Z41N

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #1273 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 20:06:33 »

/FlameGuardOn

Thanks! Know where I could get my hands on one now? Looking for that creamycreamy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1274 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 20:43:49 »

/FlameGuardOn

Thanks! Know where I could get my hands on one now? Looking for that creamycreamy

/r/mechmarket, geekhack classifieds, your friends & coworkers. your bank account.

Offline Z41N

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #1275 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 21:32:19 »
/r/mechmarket, geekhack classifieds, your friends & coworkers. your bank account.

lolz blessed to say I have an unlimited budget for this. posted on mm. thank you!!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1276 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 21:33:18 »

lolz blessed to say I have an unlimited budget for this. posted on mm. thank you!!

Haha I was just being facetious. Best of luck on your search!

Offline Ramen Champ

« Reply #1277 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 23:12:02 »
Super late to this thread - any chance anyone can re-upload a plate file here? Trying to get a plate printed :) Thanks!
twitch.tv/ramenchamp_

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #1278 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 23:17:42 »
Yall gotta stop bumping this thread

My heart races every time I see Jane and 100% thinking all v2 ce are shipped 😭

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #1279 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 23:19:54 »

the topic title says 100% shipped

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #1280 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 23:37:44 »

the topic title says 100% shipped

Yes?

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #1281 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 23:55:49 »
Oui?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #1282 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 02:35:24 »
Dno I think he is farming posts a'la puddsy or something.

He might as well have told me that there's a banner in the top left of the site using the standard stylesheet, equally obvious. Then again he's not the brightest, he probably didn't read what I wrote and/or didn't comprehend it.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #1283 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 02:56:37 »

He might as well have told me that there's a banner in the top left of the site using the standard stylesheet, equally obvious. Then again he's not the brightest, he probably didn't read what I wrote and/or didn't comprehend it.

it's true

i am dim

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #1284 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 04:05:56 »

it's true

i am dim

i want dim sims now

Offline Ramen Champ

« Reply #1285 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 13:43:02 »

it's true

i am dim

twitch.tv/ramenchamp_

Offline Jampot_298

« Reply #1286 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 12:18:00 »
Hi I'm after an original pc half plate for the Jane v2, if anyone has any leads let me know thanks!