Author Topic: JLPCB Gerber File Woes - Mysterium  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Curious Yellow

JLPCB Gerber File Woes - Mysterium
« on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 08:10:59 »
Hi there, going to preface this by saying I'm pretty new to all this so there's a high chance I'm doing something silly.

I really like the Mysterium keyboard and want to see if I can get some PCBs printed so I can have a go at getting it done myself. I checked out a couple of PCB vendors (oshpark and JLPCB).

When I upload the zipfile of the Gerber files to the JLPCB site, the help docs sugges that I should see a preview of the PCB. I don't. When I upload the same file to oshpark's site, I see images and it looks like it has uploaded successfully. JLPCB seem a lot cheaper, but then again, there's no point getting a  cheap, useless PCB. I was wondering if someone could help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

For reference, this is the location I am using for the Gerber files:

https://github.com/coseyfannitutti/mysterium/blob/master/Gerber/mysterium.zip

Offline clik_clak

Re: JLPCB Gerber File Woes - Mysterium
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 09:16:10 »
JLCPCB has changed the way gerbers get imported now. Basically you submit your gerbers, someone reviews them and if everything looks good, they send you a link to pay for the invoice. I just ordered 5 myself after putting off ordering for weeks due to the gerbers not importing correctly either.

Offline Curious Yellow

Re: JLPCB Gerber File Woes - Mysterium
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 13:08:10 »
Thanks!

Wonder if they'll pick up on the fact that I've been dumbass and not given them the bottom plate for the Mysterium.