Author Topic: [IC] IFK EZ Mode - Sample is Here! — On Hold  (Read 18158 times)

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
[IC] IFK EZ Mode - Sample is Here! — On Hold
« on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 02:54:00 »

Pro Gamer Turned Mech Pilot
Clashing virtue blue with winning pink this set represent
the cutest mech pilot in history

Images are renders for illustration purpose only
There will be sample keys made and matched with Pantones prior to Group Buy

Pillow65 by Foggy/Kellium Works

Phoenix by Cable Car Design

I just got news from factory that after multiple iteration of production the danger key (the red one with black-yellow stripe) turned out not possible to be produced with 5-side dyesub. I will still leave the render of it here as I will try to make the danger key in another format, either metal cap or artisan.

Sunsetter by Charue Design

Cover majority of standard layout from 60% HHKB up to TKL, even the peculiar Alice layout

Extension kit to support ISO, Fullsize keyboard, and various 40s, Ortholinears, & Split

Additional flair to choose your true form: The Gamer / The Pilot (and nobody said you can't combine them both ;))

Gamer Kit consist of macro keys in columnar, designated novelties icons, and gaming accents for both FPS and MOBA
Pilot Kit consist of thematic modifier in cockpit-style legend, and a numpad kit in her mecha color

Color chip under direct sunlight with gray card cube as white balance reference

FIRST SAMPLE IS HERE!
They look beautiful on their own for sure, but some colors are still bugging me personally so off we go for the second round :thumb:

USA TheKey.Company
EU TBA
ASIA TBA
AU TBA
Other region TBA

Big thanks to:
GOLDworms for the Hangul sublegend!
IMKG Community esp itsundone, 14x71, kraizt for the feedback
TKC for accepting my proposal and improving their workflow
Dita for the novelties icons
My wife for the mental support and whatever the job I throw at her :*
MakerJake for the renders
And you for reading this and giving constructive feedback!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113393.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/jPrU0Ey.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:53:42 by jebbra »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
Re: [IC] IFK EZ Mode - Pro Gamer Turned Mech Pilot
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 02:55:47 »
Log

06/08/2021 -- Adding sample #1 photograph
18/06/2021 -- Adding some confirmed artisan collab
17/06/2021 -- Disclaimer for the removal of danger key on Pilot Kit
17/06/2021 -- IC launch
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 August 2021, 20:14:23 by jebbra »

Offline ee

• hi
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 02:56:47 »
UWhy

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 02:59:24 »
yeeboi
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline itsundone

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 02:59:55 »
GGEZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HandiHanyut

• pika, pikaaa doet
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 03:01:07 »
Dayum !
Soon™ |TGR Jane V2CE | TX75 | Realforce RGB | KBDLite67 | Elis Acrylic Keyboard | UTD360C

Offline 14x71

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 03:02:12 »
nerf deez

looking hot  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 June 2021, 03:18:27 by 14x71 »

Offline kim-kim

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 03:23:29 »
lesgooooo

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 05:13:23 »
as I said in the discord, in on day one!!

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 06:34:03 »
damn that's polarizing; glwic nonetheless

Offline psxndc

[IC] IFK EZ Mode - Pro Gamer Turned Mech Pilot
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 09:16:29 »
Now THIS looks like a D.Va set. I’m in.

I think the Add-on kit needs an additional 1.25 space bar or drop it. I just don’t know what out there requires only one 1.25 space bar (a couple split orthos use two of them, hence the suggestion to add one).

Alternatively, you could add a space bar kit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 June 2021, 09:22:23 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 09:42:09 »
The font kinda looks like something you would find on a gaming keyboard. I like the colors tho. GLWIC!

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 10:56:56 »
The font kinda looks like something you would find on a gaming keyboard. I like the colors tho. GLWIC!
gamer go brrr

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 11:00:41 »

It's a D.Va themed set that uses a font similar to the default font on Overwatch  :cool:

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 11:41:42 »
damn that's polarizing; glwic nonetheless

That's part of the charm ;) Thanks!

I think the Add-on kit needs an additional 1.25 space bar or drop it. I just don’t know what out there requires only one 1.25 space bar (a couple split orthos use two of them, hence the suggestion to add one).

Alternatively, you could add a space bar kit.

Ssssh not so loud :X

The 1.25 spacebar on add-on kit is the support for alternate Alice-style config where you use 2.00+1.25 on left side instead of 2.25+1.00, as for the actual split keyboard in my understanding 1.50u is more used as thumb key (like Sofle and Corne) and that's the 2x 1.50 are for. I'll keep up the input in mind tho, thanks for it!

It is indeed derived from a game! Thanks for the word!

Offline hagiwaraDaisuke

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 12:15:44 »
Could you put a 2u spacebar or a 2u shift on the base kit? I need at least three kits to have a 2u key if I want the novelties too.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 12:51:57 »
Weird how TKC will collaborate with a company like Liquid but has no problem making unofficial sets like this.

Oh man yea Blizzard is listening better be careful  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 June 2021, 12:54:18 by Kokaloo »

Offline psxndc

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 13:57:28 »

This is not legal advice, but *me* identifying it as similar to a character, etc isn’t going to be an issue. You aren’t using the character name or icons, so Blizzard wouldn’t have a case that you are passing this off as official or coming from them.

The 1.25 spacebar on add-on kit is the support for alternate Alice-style config where you use 2.00+1.25 on left side instead of 2.25+1.00, as for the actual split keyboard in my understanding 1.50u is more used as thumb key (like Sofle and Corne) and that's the 2x 1.50 are for. I'll keep up the input in mind tho, thanks for it!

Got it. Yeah, I was thinking of Corne etc as being 1.25, so if you say they use 1.5, then all set because you already have those like you said.

That makes sense to have the 1.25 to support for that Alice board; thanks for explaining. I guess my closet full of unused B keys will have some additional company.
Ortho. Always.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 14:00:33 »
Oh man yea Blizzard is listening better be careful  :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t be so cavalier to dismiss people’s concerns. You’d be surprised who might be a lawyer, may work for a large company that has an interest in protecting their trademarks/copyrights, and might be part of the community. Just sayin’.
Ortho. Always.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 23:05:03 »
Clean IC, great presentation, nice work!

Not quite understand how IFK kitting work, but does the add on kit is an all-in-one kit or separate numpad, iso, 40s/ortho kit? Forcing those who need only numpad to also buy ISO & 40s kit is kinda "eh" to me personally.

Other than that, Gamer and Pilot kits looks appealing.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 04:26:53 »

This is not legal advice, but *me* identifying it as similar to a character, etc isn’t going to be an issue. You aren’t using the character name or icons, so Blizzard wouldn’t have a case that you are passing this off as official or coming from them.

Got it. Yeah, I was thinking of Corne etc as being 1.25, so if you say they use 1.5, then all set because you already have those like you said.

That makes sense to have the 1.25 to support for that Alice board; thanks for explaining. I guess my closet full of unused B keys will have some additional company.

I will ask more people regarding the 1.25 or 1.50 for thumb key, in hindsight if people can actually use 1.25 for thumb key it can reduce the price too since we don't need the double 1.50 and just adding 1 extra 1.25

Clean IC, great presentation, nice work!

Not quite understand how IFK kitting work, but does the add on kit is an all-in-one kit or separate numpad, iso, 40s/ortho kit? Forcing those who need only numpad to also buy ISO & 40s kit is kinda "eh" to me personally.

Other than that, Gamer and Pilot kits looks appealing.

Thanks Ray! It is an all-in-one kit for extended support, kind of IFK way to make smaller kits reach MOQ. We all know nothing can beat ePBT/KAT/KAM way tho :pepehands:

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 04:35:27 »
IFK and overwatch ain't my cup of tea, however, I have to give you a lot of praise for the execution. The whole set is very coherent designed and looks damn professional.  :thumb:

The best execution of a video game inspired set. Just be sure you don't infringe any copyright.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 09:40:28 »
I will ask more people regarding the 1.25 or 1.50 for thumb key, in hindsight if people can actually use 1.25 for thumb key it can reduce the price too since we don't need the double 1.50 and just adding 1 extra 1.25

Thanks Ray! It is an all-in-one kit for extended support, kind of IFK way to make smaller kits reach MOQ. We all know nothing can beat ePBT/KAT/KAM way tho :pepehands:

I was going to suggest *adding* a space bar kit, that way you could have two 1.5s, two 1.25s, etc, whatever people need, but I’m guessing your answer to Ray means that *more* kits isn’t feasible.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 10:46:12 »
I don't even play OW but this set looks super cute! I especially love the emote text bubble novelties ^-^ I'm curious to see how the colours turn out in the physical samples. GLWIC~

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 19:47:14 »
IFK and overwatch ain't my cup of tea, however, I have to give you a lot of praise for the execution. The whole set is very coherent designed and looks damn professional.  :thumb:

The best execution of a video game inspired set. Just be sure you don't infringe any copyright.

Thanks for the words!

I was going to suggest *adding* a space bar kit, that way you could have two 1.5s, two 1.25s, etc, whatever people need, but I’m guessing your answer to Ray means that *more* kits isn’t feasible.

More kits is feasible as long as they are enough demand, but currently looking at the form nobody wants more spacebar options, I will gather more feedback and decide later.

I don't even play OW but this set looks super cute! I especially love the emote text bubble novelties ^-^ I'm curious to see how the colours turn out in the physical samples. GLWIC~

Yeah that novelties giving a good vibes on me too! I turned some of them into emoji in my discord  ;D
I'm on the same boat with you, the factory said it almost done.
Thanks for the words!

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 20:32:10 »
I got my hands on the first sample!

Firstly, I'm more than happy for these colors because even it's not exactly accurate yet, they are on the "bright" side! I mean we are always under the impression that dyesub potential is always lower than doubleshot in term of color saturation (which I had my own doubt too for this set colors at first) but not anymore? because this sample said otherwise.

The sharpness is better than my last Sanctuary Rebirth R2 too (which is already better than Sanctuary Rebirth R1), at least on reverse dyesub keys tho. I already included the question and inquiry as to why the standard dyesub key (Tab) has lower sharpness than the reverse dyesub ones.

All in all, off we go to the second round of color matching!

Offline atlantiasekai

Re: [IC] IFK EZ Mode - Sample is Here!
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 05:21:45 »
Looks amazing! Can't wait

Offline WillyWortel

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 09:00:51 »
I don't care the colors are not accurate. I like these colors more than the color reference cards. They seem very vivid.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 08:08:16 »
Looks amazing! Can't wait

Me too  :thumb:

I don't care the colors are not accurate. I like these colors more than the color reference cards. They seem very vivid.

Yes the vividness is something that caught me off guard too, but at the same time this color gives off that cheap, knock-off vibe when I look at it lol. I'm by no means need them to "exactly" looks like the refenrence card, I still open for slight variations but it's just not this one. So let's see in the second round!

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 09:53:11 »
Due to unforeseen circumtances, this set is currently on hold.
Will update the thread later when I have a clearer direction for this set.

(No, don't worry, I didn't received anything remotely close to C&D letter)

Stay safe guys!

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 19:35:31 »
Due to unforeseen circumtances, this set is currently on hold.

No worries, my budget is also currently on hold.   ;D