Author Topic: Any way to have QMK compatibility with the KBD67 Lite R2 BT?  (Read 4064 times)

Offline isco19

Any way to have QMK compatibility with the KBD67 Lite R2 BT?
« on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 19:37:49 »
Hi,

A friend of mine got a KBD67 r2 lite bluetooth variant (YD67BLE VER 1.1 PCB), and we've been trying to configure the board with via or qmk configurator but it won't get detected, did a bit of research and found that this board stock isn't qmk compatible, so I was wondering if there is any workaround for that so we can use VIA. (know there's ydkb but VIA is kinda fancier and more useful in some aspects)

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 October 2021, 20:15:15 by isco19 »

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
Re: Any way to have QMK compatibility with the KBD67 Lite R2 BT?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 05:45:53 »
Bit late replay, but I hope is worth posting:

The latest firmware for YD67BLE PCB used in KBD67 Lite BT works with VIA. You'll need to connect it by USB and load .json file into VIA (download from KBD67Llite page - section "Wireless PCB specs").

To flash the very latest firmware you need to download it from the ZMK configurator page (you can skip actual configuring, just select YD67BLE and click download at the top right). For how to flash it see the manual.

In any case I recommend learning useful built-in shortcuts on ZMK configurator (section "LEDs & Functions") e.g. "Lock Mode" and "Output battery level".

Personally I found few combined key functions better on ZMK i.e. default Esc that can do Alt+F4 if pressed with Alt (not found on QMK), also setting double functions (e.g. hold for layer/mod key, tap for single key) is quite easier by drop down menus under the keyboard map window ("Choose Action" section shown after you select a key you want to modify) - I got my CapsLock key configured as Fn key when held and Caps when tapped.

If you not going to be constantly remapping your keyboard with VIA why not just use ZMK configurator?