geekhack Community > Keyboards

Soft cushy keyboards

<< < (2/2)

xsphat:
No, at some point I stop trying to help people that are that idiotic.

xsphat:
This is a man who thinks HotMail is the best one around, he never uses Google, and thinks Macs are computers for the gay community (most likely a holdover from the G3 iMac).

Need I say more?

IBI:

--- Quote from: xsphat;3612 ---This is a man who thinks HotMail is the best one around, he never uses Google, and thinks Macs are computers for the gay community (most likely a holdover from the G3 iMac).
--- End quote ---

Come the summer tell him his keyboard is overheating because it wasn't designed for global warming and needs to be disconnected for a week to cool down. You will of course be happy to lend him a replacement for the duration :)

--- Quote from: Whiskey in the Jar-o;3606 ---Maybe that's why soft membranes are so popular - most people just don't type fast enough.
--- End quote ---

I think that is indeed the case. Certainly on my AT102W with black alps I can't tell the difference between that and a membrane with just a single keypress. I have to be typing before I feel the niceness of those alps. Thinking about it when looking at keyboards in stores I only tend to press a key at a time rather than pretending to type on them.

Price comes into it too, I'm sure. If you made switches that were low quality enough to be affordable for a £10 keyboard then would they in fact feel any better than a rubber dome?

I agree with people who could use them are not buying them because none of the shops have any on display. It's the same with any interface device, monitors, headphones, mice, etc.

--- Quote from: bhtooefr;3608 ---I'll probably end up loaning her my main 1391401 (hey, it's not like I'm using it - the EnduraPro's taken its place at home, and I have an M13 at work) when her Dell USB keyboard craps out, though... I'm almost afraid I won't get it back. :eek:
--- End quote ---

You might do, after using my 1391406 for a week or two I think I'm coming to the realisation that I'm never going to really like it. I have grown more used to it, but it's doesn't quite do for it for me. The keys feel OK so I think it's probably just the sound. Just as well really, I didn't want to have to choose between a Model M and full n-key rollover :D

bhtooefr:
Hrm... my friend doesn't like Google, either...

(Then again, she actually gave a well-reasoned explanation for it - she doesn't want to support a Google monoculture. (No, she didn't use those words, but that's what she described.) Amazing, considering she's not at all interested in computers, and doesn't read Slashdot (which is where I've heard 99% of the anti-Google stuff I've heard...))

xsphat:
My brother thinks that since Microsuck makes Windows, then MSN is the only real service, the rest all must be fakes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version