geekhack Community > Keyboards

More on painted keys paint for keys.

<< < (2/3) > >>

xsphat:

--- Quote from: Bluemercury;3729 ---you prefer the brown switches to the blue ones? I've never tried the brown ones, so i assume you prefer less clicky???
--- End quote ---

Before I got the Filco I was all about the clicky keyboards, actually. I loved the Alps, but I realized with the browns and the HHKB pro 2 that the noise isn't that important to me. But this thread is about a mod I'd doing to a Cherry blue switch havin' keyboard, so that means I plan to log some time in on it.

The Paint I bought is taking,like, 2 days to dry, but the finish is holding strong. I'm down to touch-ups so I'll post pics on Friday. The thing I loke about this 'board for a paonting project is that the letters are raised so they are still visible and the keys look like those on the KBTalking keyboard.

xsphat:
Bad news Geekhackers. A pipe in my basement sprung a leak last night and dumped something on my freshly-painted M10, so god knows if it'll ever work again (or what exactly was in said pipe, as it didn't smell the best) so oh well. My color scheme is black keys with a red case, and while it does look good, there is something I don't like about it. Due to the gross-out factor, I think I'm jsut going to throw it away.

I'll post pictures of the paint cans latter today after god is done ****ting in my Cheerio's.

iMav:
If you, indeed, intend to throw it away, I'll take it in lieu of the landfill.

xsphat:
Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

karlito:
it shouldnt be damaged as long as you dont plug it in while it's still wet.  just give it a nice alcohol bath and everything should be fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version