Author Topic: yo dudes!  (Read 2547 times)

Offline broosk

• cool beans dude
yo dudes!
« on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 21:26:17 »
I've been lurking here for awhile and wanted a new place to discuss (and mostly lurk) mechanical keyboards other than /r/mk
I'm mostly here for discussion and swooning over keyboards ;)
I currently am typing on a CM Quickfire Rapid-i (blue switches) with some regular old white keycaps and a specialty "oops!" escape key!
Looking forward to having more discussions with you guys!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: yo dudes!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 22:11:51 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

QFR - good, solid, reliable keyboard.  I have two older ones, both still going strong.

If you want to swoon over keyboards, you've probably already found the media section.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Re: yo dudes!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 18:36:41 »
I've been lurking here for awhile and wanted a new place to discuss (and mostly lurk) mechanical keyboards other than /r/mk
I'm mostly here for discussion and swooning over keyboards ;)
I currently am typing on a CM Quickfire Rapid-i (blue switches) with some regular old white keycaps and a specialty "oops!" escape key!
Looking forward to having more discussions with you guys!

Show Image

The QFR is like a gateway drug into mech boards,  it serves it's purpose quite well for the cost and for awhile it's satisfying...then you find yourself wanting more and more to fill that itch.

Welcome to the world of empty wallets :p
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10