Author Topic: IBM Model M fixed cable PS/2 ~$30 shipped  (Read 1177 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
IBM Model M fixed cable PS/2 ~$30 shipped
« on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 18:26:54 »
I found this newly posted Model M on eBay.  It looks like it needs to be cleaned up a little and there a ding to the case on the right hand side, but it's not a bad deal for $30 shipped considering that it's PS/2 and not anRJ-45 (terminal) keyboard.

Offline Sniping

Re: IBM Model M fixed cable PS/2 ~$30 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 18:40:38 »
I just picked this up, really needed to try BS, and $30 shipped is just the price that I wanted. Thanks for this. I have no idea about the differences between different S/N's of the Model M, does it matter?

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 19:14:16 »
Looks like you found yourself a good solid keyboard.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 20:38:52 »
Purists will say that a 42H is less desirable than the older ones, but the stores charge $30 for a set of keycaps alone.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:24:26 »
He got a really good deal.

And guess what? Our dear seller RAISED the price after he sold the first keyboard! UGH! (Was hoping to get for parts; if not cheap I ain't buying.)

Purists will say that a 42H is less desirable than the older ones, but the stores charge $30 for a set of keycaps alone.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:34:39 »
He got a really good deal.

And guess what? Our dear seller RAISED the price after he sold the first keyboard! UGH! (Was hoping to get for parts; if not cheap I ain't buying.)

The seller didn't raise the prices after the first one was sold.  I actually snapped up the nicer of the three that were put up for sale before posting this.  It was $6 more, but didn't have any defects on the body by the looks of it.  The other one at the price I snagged mine for looks filthy and well used though the cable looks to be in great shape.  The reason the one I posted sold for $30 is because there is a big gouge on the right hand side of the case.  The other more expensive ones don't have such obvious defects aside from being filthy.

Offline player3

• hi im player3
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 17:17:31 »
Wow, thanks for posting this! I just ordered one of his other boards that was a little nicer.

Finally going to get my very own IBM Model M! And it's only 5 months older than me :-)
hi im player3