Author Topic: 3x GTX 770, 4x i7-4770, 1x i7-4770k, 2x i7-3770k, 20TB of HDD and more for $1.7k  (Read 4457 times)

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
Anyone near Atlanta wanna pick up some government seized computer parts?

http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=4789&acctid=4703

Also looks like two HD 79xx GPU's as well, along with a motherboard... Man I wish I lived closer to Atlanta...
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2014, 16:41:46 by kmiller8 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
good ole' govdeals....

bonus blood stains or drug residue?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
good ole' govdeals....

Pretty sure this is just some bestbuy employee who dealt drugs and stole store merchandise..

He got busted for the drugs, and had his house searched and possessions confiscated/ forfeited to pay bail

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
good ole' govdeals....

Pretty sure this is just some bestbuy employee who dealt drugs and stole store merchandise..

He got busted for the drugs, and had his house searched and possessions confiscated/ forfeited to pay bail

Criminals cannot use stolen merchandise to pay for bail.  The only personal property the govt. can seize are the instruments or fruits of a crime.  They can also seize personal property by serving a warrant of execution on a levy from a tax lien.  This could be from a computer retailer that did not pay its corporate or sales taxes. 

The other thing it could be is the seizure of the personal chattels of a copyright infringer.  The US Marshals will come into your home and seize all of your computer stuff and auction it off, if you are found to be a copyright infringer.  But who does that?
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
Holy, hell.

Anybody interested in splitting this lot?

I'd put a grand in to get half those GPUs and CPUs, assuming we don't get outbid.

Anybody in the area that's interested in being a part of this, or interested in proxying for a couple who do want to?
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Holy, hell.

Anybody interested in splitting this lot?

I'd put a grand in to get half those GPUs and CPUs, assuming we don't get outbid.

Anybody in the area that's interested in being a part of this, or interested in proxying for a couple who do want to?

I'd be in for at least one of those i7-3770k processors, maybe a 4770k too.  Been thinking I need to build a better system.

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near Atlanta, so I can only contribute funds.  My money skills suck (which is why I have so many keyboards...), any idea what's a realistic target bid?  In order to recoup costs most of the stuff will have to be flogged on eBay, right?

Count me in for money, but someone with more auction skills needs to lead. 

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
I mean, if it's all unopened (which I am assuming), then here's what I suggest. We get a couple people interested and one person acting in person.

We all say what we want to put in, and what we want from it. For example, I want the two EVGA 770s, one of the internal HHDs, one of the 4770s (not K), and a motherboard. If I were to buy that myself, it'd be about 1200. So I'll put in $1200.

If you want the 4770k and the 3770k, that'd be like $500, so you put in $500.

Together we've got the minimum bid. Say someone else joins in, and wants a GTX770 and a 4770k, they put in 600.

That's 2300, so we bid that, and if we win, everyone gets what they went in for. Then we take the remaining items, put it on ebay, or sell it here for cheap (say like $250 per unopened 4770.) and it'd go like hotcakes, and we'd easily make all of our money back (that's a thousand bucks for the four 4770s alone).

So we invested, get the items, and get our money back. Then if things sell for more than the invested amount, we split it by percentage of the original investment.

If our winning bid was 2000, and I put in 1200 of the 2000, my investment was 60%.

We all get our items, and then we sell the rest for $3000, everyone gets their investment back, and we have $1000 left. I get 60% of the profit, and everyone else gets the amount equal to their percentage of the total investment.

I have no problem organizing the money, and selling the items, or simply investing so somebody near atlanta can sell it. We just need to find someone in that area in the next 14 hours.

Offline Sniping

I'll take the AMD card, whatever it is, for $250.

This deal is fantastic though, I hope we can through something together.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 January 2014, 20:02:15 by Sniping »

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
I'm setting up an account now, I should be able to bid and pay from here, but we'll just need someone to go pick it up and ship it to me.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
Okay, items I'm interested in (best guess from some pretty blurry pictures!):

1 x i7-3770k
1 x i7-4770k
PowerColor HD79xx video card (HD7990?)
LaCie or Buffalo 3TB NAS (?)

And maybe one of the motherboards, if it will work with the i7-4770k.

I've got a former co-worker who lives in the Atlanta area, I'll look through my old emails tomorrow and see if I saved his contact info.  Let me know how much my share totals, and I fund that on Friday, assuming we can locate someone who can physically attend this auction.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
The one is a z77 which is compatible with the 3770k and not the 4770k, and I can't tell what the other motherboard is. I think I'm tapping out for a motherboard, so I'll be at like $1100. If you invest in the motherboard, and it wont work, we can just sell it and you get that investment back directly. That's not a big deal, we just have to keep track of it all.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
The one is a z77 which is compatible with the 3770k and not the 4770k, and I can't tell what the other motherboard is. I think I'm tapping out for a motherboard, so I'll be at like $1100. If you invest in the motherboard, and it wont work, we can just sell it and you get that investment back directly. That's not a big deal, we just have to keep track of it all.

I've got a perfectly good Ivy Bridge system with an i5 processor, that 3770k should be an easy swap.  I'll pass on the motherboard for now, just wanted to get a 4770 for a later system build.

Offline Sniping

Crap, did I forget to specify for the Powercolor card? LOL I'm dumb, didn't realize the MSI card was AMD too.

Offline Thechemist

That looks like a Powercolor 7990 which goes for just over $1,000 now.

Offline Sniping

well ****

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker

Show Image

I saw they were out of stock at NewEgg, but no prices were listed.  For $1k+ I'll pass, the 2nd gen Radeon R9 cards should be hitting the market within a couple of months.

Offline Thechemist

99% sure the other AMD card is a MSI Twin Frozr OC 280x

Offline Thechemist

Show Image

I saw they were out of stock at NewEgg, but no prices were listed.  For $1k+ I'll pass, the 2nd gen Radeon R9 cards should be hitting the market within a couple of months.

No retailer in US sells the 7990 anymore that I am aware of, you can buy a used one for $900+ on ebay or new one for $1300+

Offline Sniping

That $2K bid isn't from a GH member, right?

Offline Thechemist

I did a quick calculation and there is just over $7000 ( calculated each item 85%-90% of new value ) worth of stuff there, assuming it's all new and working.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 January 2014, 21:12:24 by Thechemist »

Offline beauthegamer

I'm interested in:

1x 3770k (assuming there is still one up for grabs)
1x Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (it looks like it says 500GB, not positive though)

I think that is somewhere in the $500 range.

I am unfortunately on the other side of the country, so I can't help with pickup/shipping. I can also put in another $300 or so (so a total of $800) if we need some buffer room to win.
Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja with wood blue case and reds | HHKB Pro II non-printed black | Phantom with ergo clears

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
This is one of the rare moments when people in the USA need a proxy for something in the USA.

Wish I could buy something, but these are expensive confiscated hardware

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Um... you know those could just be empty boxes without any CPUs inside... the pictures are... mmmmm

there's no picture from the top with the cpu window cutout

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
Okay, everybody who is serious about this, and certain about what they want, send me a PM and I'll put a list together.

I want nobody to drop out on this, so be 100% certain you can pay.

The order people posted in this thread is the order I'll take for confirmation, if you've called something specific.

I want PMs so I can ensure you're serious, and to keep what everyone wants nice and clean, so there's no questions.

Also, here's my thinking. It's GovDeals, so I'm assuming they're not selling empty boxes. At least a few of those are in shrinkwrap, so it's not unreasonable to think it's all new. Even if it's not, so long as it's working, I'm not going to complain.

I figure used and working, we can still make our money back, so I'm not too concerned about this. Let's get somebody in Atlanta to fascilitate and get this picked up.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
Um... you know those could just be empty boxes without any CPUs inside... the pictures are... mmmmm

there's no picture from the top with the cpu window cutout

Specifically, the listing is for "Hard drives and processors" so at the very least, those hard drive and processor boxes have to be filled enough to be able to listed as plural. If they were trying to pull something over on us, they could and fill two of each, but I doubt they're trying to play that.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Okay, I can't bid on this auction. The seller has placed a "No new bidders" restriction on this auction. Since my account is brand new, the only way to place a bid is to send a refundable $1000 cashiers check to govdeals, but it would never get to them before this auction is over tomorrow.

We need to find someone with an established account.

Offline Thechemist

Contact seller to have them take that option off perhaps?

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
There doesn't seem to be a way to contact seller, and I'm having no luck googling it.

It doesn't look good.

Offline DrinkTea

If you can find a way. I want in. How much money do you need?

Offline Sniping

I'm wondering if the listing is exactly what it says it is...hard drives and processors. There's a chance that you don't get any of the GPU's, only what's listed. The pictures have the GPU's in the foreground, but the seller can argue that they are only selling what's listed, which are the hard drives and processors. There's either a hard drive or processor in every picture that's taken so there may be a chance that this might not be as good of a deal as it seems, still very good though for whoever can pick this stuff up.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. It says that the goods weigh 80lbs, that would be way too heavy for just hard drives and processors. Guess the GPU's are included and whoever gets on this deal is going to have a great time earning a pretty penny. I doubt something is going to work out for us, but I'd be in for that 280X and a i5 4670K if something does, so like $500 range as well for me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2014, 02:33:34 by Sniping »

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
Well, it seems most of his listings are labelled as 80 pounds, so I wouldn't take that to heart. It seems to just be his go-to.

On the other hand, the seller has hundreds of listings, so I have a feeling if they were in the habit of swindling people, govdeals would have something to say about it. They don't want a complaint filed every single time there's a sale, so they'd probably take action if someone was intentionally misleading, habitually.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
I logged off last night before reading that new buyers were not allowed.  Since the auction ends in less than 30 minutes, is it safe to say that it's a no-go for GeekHack participation?

Excellent find, though!  Would be worth creating a buyer account now, just to be prepped for future auctions.  And maybe contact that seller directly, to see if he has any more PC stuff available.

Offline Thechemist

$5,400 is pretty much the top price for all the items, if you would try to sell this on ebay after theirs and PP fees you would make around $5,900 not worth the trouble or the time.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
wow this thing really went up in price o.o

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
Yeah, oh well. Was a nice idea.