Author Topic: Not-So-Great Finds  (Read 300141 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Not-So-Great Finds
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:42:15 »
Someone beat this seller with a sock filled with wood screws. Beam spring only $4k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5640890-IBM-TERMINAL-87-KEY-BEAMSPRING-KEYBOARD-C-1982/173168164660?hash=item2851a07f34:g:YskAAOSwll1aiwjJ

Yeah, but it includes the plastic plate thing—that's worth at least a couple of thousand right there, isn't it?

Why will Tapatalk not open these eBay links? It will only open plain text eBay links, not the one in the above post. :mad:

Have you tried using a real computer to look at webpages, and using your phone to, you know, call people?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:46:31 »
You can either buy clothes or buy keyboards, it's that simple. No one who is not very rich can do both. Pay no attention to your clothes and no attention at all to the mode, and buy your clothes for comfort and durability, and you will have the clothes money to buy keyboards.

1. The rest of that contradicts the opening sentence.

2. If you pay no attention to your clothes, isn't it possible you'll walk around naked?

3. By "the mode", do you mean "fashions"? Or do you mean a scoop of ice cream?

4. How can you "have the clothes money to buy keyboards"? If you buy keebs with it, it's keeb money.

5. Do you think most of life's problems can be solved by making numbered lists of stuff?

6. Natalie Portman.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 20:32:59 »
I don't usually like to label things as a rip off, after all only pay what you want - but this is a rip off in progress:

$199.00 + ~35.00 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-IBM-4704-Pingmaster-p-n-6112884-vintage-Keyboard-USB-converter-tested/323086776115?epid=1723025453&hash=item4b3978f733:g:ltcAAOSwpYdai1g3

Or pay $34.95 + ~$10.00 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-6112884-Japanese-Keyboard-Japanese-Letter-Typing/382243958765

(I don't think the converter makes up the difference, BTW).

hasu's link for converter:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72052.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 February 2018, 21:27:26 by OldIsNew »

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 22:03:00 »
Yeah this is someone's blatant, hopeful-beyond-hope lucky flip. As you pointed out, pingmasters are still available so cheaply.

Offline JP

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 23:06:32 »
You can either buy clothes or buy keyboards, it's that simple. No one who is not very rich can do both. Pay no attention to your clothes and no attention at all to the mode, and buy your clothes for comfort and durability, and you will have the clothes money to buy keyboards.

2. If you pay no attention to your clothes, isn't it possible you'll walk around naked?

4. How can you "have the clothes money to buy keyboards"? If you buy keebs with it, it's keeb money.

5. Do you think most of life's problems can be solved by making numbered lists of stuff?

6. Natalie Portman.

The quote I stole from Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast" but with a bit of poetic license I replaced 'paintings' with 'keyboards'. In this memoir, Hemingway is quoting Gertrude Stein. I feel this philosophy can be applied universally. Art is expensive, keyboards can be as well if that is a passion. It is not a stretch to say that a custom keyboard or artisan can be considered art as well.

“You can either buy clothes or buy art, it's that simple. No one who is not very rich can do both.”

The opening sentence can seem contradictory if taken literally but I think once you pull the layers away it starts to make sense.

In practical terms, one generally has limited resources such as money. Once our basic needs are met, I believe it is better to allocate those additional resources into endeavors which have the most meaning or value to us, rather than spreading one’s resources or energy too thin.

Art certainly can be expensive. Clothes as well, especially for those trendy individuals that spend exorbitant sums on all of the seasonal trends and designer brands.
It is generally impractical and wasteful to have the best of everything we might be interested in and so we should prioritize what we choose to do which likely means making sacrifices, otherwise you end up with a bunch of clothes that you likely don’t wear and a crappy or mediocre art collection at best.

You have clothes like everyone else and you can have pictures on the wall but very few can buy both fancy fur coats and Picasso’s, at least not on a regular basis if that’s your thing.

Guess what I am wearing, or not wearing  ;) Although possible, it is not practical. The idea is that if you disregard concern for fancy fabrics or in vogue styles and focus solely on comfortable and durable clothes you will be better ahead in saving money which can be used to some greater purpose. Anything beyond comfort and durability has diminishing returns and is therefore a waste. Basically the I do not give a damn mentality because we do not care about brands, styles, or even color coordination.

Mode refers to a fashion style, or generally a particular type or form of something. Mmm, apple pie a la mode.

So if you spend money on expensive clothes or on fine dining, especially on a regular basis then you are wasting money in a sense as spending any extra money beyond the most basic of necessities is like throwing money down the well. If you already have these things you don’t get any more keeb money, you just don’t lose any additional from your keeb stash you might have set aside.

No. Although useful, a list is simply a tool and not an end all solution to all of life's problems. I could also see this as a detriment if taken to an extreme due to the added complexity of having to maintain lists of lists of lists, and so on.

6. Natalie Portman.

Yes please.

« Last Edit: Mon, 19 February 2018, 23:13:29 by JP »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 17:08:56 »
The quote I stole from Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast" but with a bit of poetic license...

JP: Dang, wish I had time to reply to all that, but my wife thinks I'm replacing baseboards and door trim, so I'd better be doing that rather than having fun. (Isn't this the idea of marriage?) Ironically, this also means I won' get to use my MK during that time, which is what this is all ultimately about... Where's the fairness? [sigh]

For now, though, yes, I have seen NP's "hip hop" video, and am flummoxed why she'd do such a goofy, low-class stunt, unless she and/or her agent were worried that the movie-consuming public thought she was getting too old to be hip anymore, and their desperation to remedy that was sufficiently high.

On the plus side, it's much, much easier to write bad poetry, swear, and use hypnotic quick-cut editing techniques than it is to create, you know, music. This has an equalizing effect by opening the field of entertainment to everyone, including people of little imagination, talent or decency.

So let's hear it for the methodical cultural and spiritual impoverishment of the American people, who've even elected a Condo-Salesman-In-Chief to epitomizes all those values in an appropriately shallow, grasping, intolerant, anti-humanitarian, anti-presidential way. Isn't it great how everything works out?

Offline JP

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 20:13:20 »
The quote I stole from Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast" but with a bit of poetic license...

JP: Dang, wish I had time to reply to all that, but my wife thinks I'm replacing baseboards and door trim, so I'd better be doing that rather than having fun. (Isn't this the idea of marriage?) Ironically, this also means I won' get to use my MK during that time, which is what this is all ultimately about... Where's the fairness? [sigh]

For now, though, yes, I have seen NP's "hip hop" video, and am flummoxed why she'd do such a goofy, low-class stunt, unless she and/or her agent were worried that the movie-consuming public thought she was getting too old to be hip anymore, and their desperation to remedy that was sufficiently high.

On the plus side, it's much, much easier to write bad poetry, swear, and use hypnotic quick-cut editing techniques than it is to create, you know, music. This has an equalizing effect by opening the field of entertainment to everyone, including people of little imagination, talent or decency.

So let's hear it for the methodical cultural and spiritual impoverishment of the American people, who've even elected a Condo-Salesman-In-Chief to epitomizes all those values in an appropriately shallow, grasping, intolerant, anti-humanitarian, anti-presidential way. Isn't it great how everything works out?

Hopefully you got some work done. As far as the rest of your comment, I think I'm gonna go watch Lady Gaga videos until my brain liquefies and pours out of every orifice now.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 05:51:05 »
Hopefully you got some work done. As far as the rest of your comment, I think I'm gonna go watch Lady Gaga videos until my brain liquefies and pours out of every orifice now.

I'd join you, but unfortunately I can't furnish any of that "brain" stuff.  :?|

Here's a guy who's asking $250 for a used, otherwise run-of-the-mill Model M 1391401 because, and I'm sure you saw this coming:

189880-0

...it was made in a leap year! We all know how that boosts a keeb's value.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 07:45:55 »
...it was made in a leap year! We all know how that boosts a keeb's value.

Found the auction by the price. :)

It was actually made on LEAP DAY. Which is kinda cool after all.

The same seller also has a couple industrial M's for sale, at premium prices. Neither is a Lexmark, and one is a square badge (missing badge) model.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 February 2018, 07:50:13 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 20:28:41 »
Found the auction by the price. :) ... It was actually made on LEAP DAY. Which is kinda cool after all.

Oops, sorry, I'd usually include the link. Here it is. Bask in the glory.

Well, it was made on leap day! That means there was only one day when first-generation Model M production were made on Feb. 29. And keeb collecting is all about "rarity", right? So heck, that does seem like it's worth an extra $150, doesn't it? I'm not going to actually bid on it—in fact, I'm being entirely facetious here—but I did see it as an opportunity to use a bunch of italics.

Offline Aer Fixus

• And now, back to lurking...
               SOON: IN PROGRESS:

I lie all the time.... I really don't even like keyboards

Offline mogo

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 16:03:34 »
What fascinating boards, I'm sure anyone would be happy to explore them. But that's some crackpipe price for sure.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:48:28 »
Hey, beam springs in good shape are already going for nearly $1K, aren't they? This sort of thing may not be far off.

If only we'd invested in beam springs rather than mutual funds... But does my wife ever listen?? It's hard convincing your spouse that something you can play with is also a great investment. You always seem to have ulterior motives.

Offline JP

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:50:38 »
There could still be a bidding war and the price will reach $10k  :thumb:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 23:34:00 »
Sure, it's NIB, but...

191304-0

It's industrious of them, trying to get that much for it... But as we all know, Industrial Model M's must include some vintage grime.

Offline JP

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 00:32:21 »
That's the seller who has been trolling us "keyboard kids". The very same seller who posted a $5k beamspring a while back.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 02:35:19 »
Sure, it's NIB, but...

(Attachment Link)

It's industrious of them, trying to get that much for it... But as we all know, Industrial Model M's must include some vintage grime.

lol the sticker on the back isn't even straight
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline matt-taco

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:36:33 »

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:41:30 »
Sure, it's NIB, but...

(Attachment Link)

Just offered $35 for it. Let's see what happens.  :))
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 14:00:44 »
Hahaha, I just got blocked by that seller since I offered $20 after his initial decline. If I wasted at least 5 minutes of his time, my job here is done.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 02:16:15 »
Hahaha, I just got blocked by that seller since I offered $20 after his initial decline. If I wasted at least 5 minutes of his time, my job here is done.

LOL

I was just thinking, "At least they included 'Make an Offer'..."

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 22:49:07 »
Check the space bar. Molten lava maybe?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Keyboard-for-IBM-3279-Color-Display-Station-Models-2A-2B-3A-3B-/253493361719?hash=item3b0561bc37

“Great collector's project .Please review pictures and description before purchase.”   

Whatever - these prices are so out of control that I can't even really care anymore.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 22:57:58 by OldIsNew »

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 08:36:11 »
I have been blocked by a few sellers for wasting their time with lowball offers. I don't get it, I can just make a new account and do the same thing.

Offline mogo

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 09:34:29 »
I have been blocked by a few sellers for wasting their time with lowball offers. I don't get it, I can just make a new account and do the same thing.

It's still more work and time to do that than for them to just block you. :P

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Keyboard-for-IBM-3279-Color-Display-Station-Models-2A-2B-3A-3B-/253493361719?hash=item3b0561bc37

“Great collector's project .Please review pictures and description before purchase.”   

Whatever - these prices are so out of control that I can't even really care anymore.

it's MELTED. It has suffered in a fire and they still want 750? Whaaaaat

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 02:12:43 »
It's still more work and time to do that than for them to just block you. :P

it's MELTED. It has suffered in a fire and they still want 750? Whaaaaat

Yeah, that's a heartbreaker, isn't it?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 02:15:04 »
How many spacebars actually have a space in them, though? I'd say it's rare, but this one looks more like well-done.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #176 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 08:43:49 »
Looks like a soldering iron accident to me.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 21:19:35 »
Many of the mass shooters (and "alt-right" trolls), are predominantly white men of various ages, but leaning young, fueled mainly by a belief in their own superiority and resentment of the sense that the rest of the world doesn't seem to respect it...

Hey, I never thought of that. If I were some drunk, drooling yahoo Trump supporter in a muscle shirt, hanging out the window of my hopped-up pickup (fortunately having just enough of an IQ to drive) and screaming obscenities at anyone who didn't look like me—little realizing that I was mindlessly acting out ancient tribal survival instincts more characteristic of wild animals who hadn't developed the higher brain functions required for things like art, music and poetry—and I didn't get much respect from the general public, I probably would feel some resentment. But that'd be only because I was so clueless about practically everything else, such as how life works.

Offline mogo

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 09:39:44 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-IBM-Model-F-reproduction-keyboards-barrel-Kishsaver-clicky-Model-M/323142784131?hash=item4b3ccf9483:g:kPUAAOSwD8BZbpQx

191896-0

Hah. Seems like the seller has reduced the price of their useless plastic barrel to only ten dollars wow! I'm glad someone's not inevitably going to be cheated out of a hundred bucks, but it's still pretty skeezy to sell something that is functionally useless and also sorta just a penne noodle of black plastic for 10 bucks. But whatever, I can't decide if a production line reject is worth anything to someone else, maybe it is.  :rolleyes:

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 10:19:22 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-IBM-Model-F-reproduction-keyboards-barrel-Kishsaver-clicky-Model-M/323142784131?hash=item4b3ccf9483:g:kPUAAOSwD8BZbpQx

(Attachment Link)

Hah. Seems like the seller has reduced the price of their useless plastic barrel to only ten dollars wow! I'm glad someone's not inevitably going to be cheated out of a hundred bucks, but it's still pretty skeezy to sell something that is functionally useless and also sorta just a penne noodle of black plastic for 10 bucks. But whatever, I can't decide if a production line reject is worth anything to someone else, maybe it is.  :rolleyes:

Maybe someone wants to buy 66 of them and DIY a Kishsaver :))
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline mogo

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 11:54:17 »
Maybe someone wants to buy 66 of them and DIY a Kishsaver :))

Can't even do that!
Please note that this listing is for the barrel only (the black plastic item in the photo).  It weighs about 1-2 grams total.  The barrel was rejected for being out of spec and will not function with any keyboard.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 23:53:06 »
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/A-Pen-Blessed-by-GOD-himself/263537625242
Too bad it’s no longer available—he must have decided to take up the battle himself again.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 11:05:12 »
Too bad it’s no longer available—he must have decided to take up the battle himself again.

I've seen some weird things on eBay, but this takes the cake.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 18:19:32 »
If it were a standard one, I could see how someone might consider it historical. But a defective one? Can't say I get it, either.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 20:44:17 »

The price :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 21:39:35 »
Check out this *****'n IBM Model M Industrial. It was listed as BIN $1400 but do remember that this one comes in the ultra rare qwerjy layout. Own a piece of hisjory.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-IBM-Gen-0-Model-M-Clickey-Keyboard-1388032/302678911378?hash=item467911a992:g:0SwAAOSwkhNasuXw

192133-0

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 22:05:53 »
Check out this *****'n IBM Model M Industrial. It was listed as BIN $1400 but do remember that this one comes in the ultra rare qwerjy layout. Own a piece of hisjory.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-IBM-Gen-0-Model-M-Clickey-Keyboard-1388032/302678911378?hash=item467911a992:g:0SwAAOSwkhNasuXw

(Attachment Link)
I mean points for creativity. At least it gave me a laugh :))
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Aer Fixus

• And now, back to lurking...
« Reply #187 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 10:01:43 »
Now, does it have a Mandolin Crystal?
               SOON: IN PROGRESS:

I lie all the time.... I really don't even like keyboards

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 02:03:19 »
You can call people a ***** but people will still give you $300 for an Industrial M.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:11:49 »

(Attachment Link)

LOL—that was a subtle touch.

And OMG, it did fetch a lot:

192807-0

But the 1388032 was the very first PC-compatible (non-terminal) M of any kind (even before the venerable 1390131 and 1390120). So it's not just an Industrial; it's the first Industrial.

Hope I used enough italics here, BTW.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #190 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 03:15:14 »
Vintage Russian former keyboard sort of, uh, thing, "just" $100-something shipped:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #191 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 09:38:49 »

But the 1388032 was the very first PC-compatible (non-terminal) M of any kind (even before the venerable 1390131 and 1390120). So it's not just an Industrial; it's the first Industrial.

I was generally ignoring it, but industrial, bar code label, black badge, and lock lights - it really does have it all.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 08:39:07 »
Vintage Russian former keyboard sort of, uh, thing, "just" $100-something shipped:

Show Image

Show Image

Those are IZOT switches. I actually had one of these keyboards, and no, it's not Russian. It's actually a Bulgarian board and the switches are Cherry M9 clones. I ended up tossing the keyboard since it would've been too hard to convert and too heavy to save for another time. I still have the keycaps and switches though.

Offline AMongoose

• happy workman user
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 08:54:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

That keycap profile is pretty cool. If only there were more keys left  :))

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 09:03:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

They are cool but unfortunately not compatible with most modern switches. I might make a build with these and my Alps SKCC switches though.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 23:54:37 »
Those are IZOT switches. I actually had one of these keyboards, and no, it's not Russian. It's actually a Bulgarian board and the switches are Cherry M9 clones. I ended up tossing the keyboard since it would've been too hard to convert and too heavy to save for another time. I still have the keycaps and switches though.

Fun to know! And IZOT, that seems like a perfect name.

Yeah—details, huh?

But the 1388032 was the very first PC-compatible (non-terminal) M of any kind...

I was generally ignoring it, but industrial, bar code label, black badge, and lock lights - it really does have it all.

Courtesy of Deskthority:

192932-0

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 13:38:50 »
I really thought this was a neat keyboard, and expected it to be selling for like $30-40.

http://v.ht/kawasaki-kb

Offline mogo

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 16:29:13 »
I really thought this was a neat keyboard, and expected it to be selling for like $30-40.

Looking at the bottom of the PCB they look a lot like Cherry switches, no?

But yeah, that price is hilarious.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 19:11:47 »
I'm pretty sure it's Cherry based on the LED windows but no way would I buy at even 1/100 of the price.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 18:43:07 »

Well, it does say "Make an Offer".   :)