Author Topic: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!  (Read 168475 times)

Offline KMPLSV

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Aug 1st - Rama Cap!
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 11:15:05 »
Awesome keycaps! Will there be a limit to how many sets we can buy? Looking to grab 2-3 sets as gifts.
If you'll be able to afford 2-3 sets then this set isn't expensive enough for me to want.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline tzarc

« Reply #301 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 21:21:11 »
.....is there supposed to be a backtick/tilde R4 on the alphas kit?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104969.msg2880575#msg2880575 has one in the render... but none of the alpha/modifier sets seem to have them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2020, 04:58:10 by tzarc »

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 14:39:19 »
The fact that there are NorDe kits for both colors warms my heart.

Offline bloodyxkatana

« Reply #303 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 18:29:21 »
Wow!

So I'm completely new to the mech world and am in the process of getting my first board together. I know the GMMK is super entry-level/scrub status based on many of the builds I've seen here. With that being said, I absolutely love this idea and set. I've never bought a set of custom keycaps, but I would be honored for this to be my first. Besides sharing a love of those sci-fi films, I'm a diehard Quake/DOOM player, so the kinda dark vibe with blasts of neon is absolutely beautiful to me.

I'd have to figure out what set corresponds with the GMMK (60 keys), I actually don't even have my switches yet, so I'll need to look at that. Forgive me for being a complete scrub, but mind if I pose a question?

I notice that there's alot of alternative language options, looks like a few different variations of Japanese, a Korean, as well as Russian. I assume these are functional for those who speak that language, but is it safe to assume alot of people buy these just because they look super cool too? Haha, I don't speak Japanese, but I love the lettering on of them.

Secondly, I would be all in for a desk mat as well! I'm hoping we see a black/green mat, but perhaps some hints of the purple to tie it all together as well?

Again, please excuse my ignornace, this is so new to me, but I would absolutely be down to get on board with a group buy on this!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #304 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 21:02:14 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104969.msg2880575#msg2880575 has one in the render... but none of the alpha/modifier sets seem to have them.
It has been added now, I'm so sorry about that i don't know how it got dropped. To all alpha kits.

Wow!

So I'm completely new to the mech world and am in the process of getting my first board together. I know the GMMK is super entry-level/scrub status based on many of the builds I've seen here. With that being said, I absolutely love this idea and set. I've never bought a set of custom keycaps, but I would be honored for this to be my first. Besides sharing a love of those sci-fi films, I'm a diehard Quake/DOOM player, so the kinda dark vibe with blasts of neon is absolutely beautiful to me.

I'd have to figure out what set corresponds with the GMMK (60 keys), I actually don't even have my switches yet, so I'll need to look at that. Forgive me for being a complete scrub, but mind if I pose a question?

I notice that there's alot of alternative language options, looks like a few different variations of Japanese, a Korean, as well as Russian. I assume these are functional for those who speak that language, but is it safe to assume alot of people buy these just because they look super cool too? Haha, I don't speak Japanese, but I love the lettering on of them.

Secondly, I would be all in for a desk mat as well! I'm hoping we see a black/green mat, but perhaps some hints of the purple to tie it all together as well?

Again, please excuse my ignornace, this is so new to me, but I would absolutely be down to get on board with a group buy on this!

Hey there there's no shame in having questions haha (:
the GMMK is an awesome board, Glorious are an amazing company that make great products.
To cover the gmmk60% You would need any one of the (Alpha) kits, you are correct they can and are mostly used as stylised alternates you don't need to speak the language to use them. I personally don't speak any of the languages. and you will need either the Text Mods or Icon Mods depending on your preference. if you click the link to the google form in the first post you can scroll to the bottom and just add you email and hit enter and I'll send you a personalised email when i launch alternatively you can keep up on discord following the link here: https://discord.gg/jpDm8p
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2020, 21:04:25 by Papithered »

Offline tzarc

« Reply #305 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 21:26:19 »
It has been added now, I'm so sorry about that i don't know how it got dropped. To all alpha kits.
Legend!

Offline tzarc

« Reply #306 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 21:34:50 »
That said... is it too late for a 1U R3 |\ key?  ;D
Everyone seems to be missing it in their ortho kits :(

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #307 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 21:57:20 »
I'll check but if thats an oversight it's not to late.

Offline tzarc

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 21:52:16 »
I'll check but if thats an oversight it's not to late.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. KAT Iron's got it, so I figure it's doable!

Offline TheYeti

« Reply #309 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 20:16:42 »
Has the numpad kit fallen by the wayside or just missed off the first post?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #310 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 22:12:25 »
Has the numpad kit fallen by the wayside or just missed off the first post?

Still included i'll fix the post today, sorry about that.

Offline TheYeti

« Reply #311 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 16:32:58 »
Still included

Excellent! Looking forward to the GB.

Offline ohetfi

« Reply #312 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 16:33:17 »
Looking forward for this. Any chance to add Asia proxy vendor (en.zfrontier.com) instead of China zFrontier?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 18:50:03 »
Where's the row 4 bunny?

Offline Sundowning

• Slime Scholar Caps
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 12:15:07 »
this looks incredible!

Offline PanicSort

« Reply #315 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 13:09:00 »
This looks amazing, but I have two questions about the katakana set.  Maybe this is just a render issue, but why does "ta" appear on the ; and ' keys?  Also, why are "mu" and "ro" on [ and ], which should be the diacritical marks?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 16:24:54 »
I have a couple suggestions for the katakana and hiragana kits, hopefully it's not too late.

In keeping with the green legends in Latin and purple legends in Japanese, please change the R4 and R3 "|" (pipe) to "ー" (the prolonged sound mark) "mu".

By adding two keycaps (see picture), purchasing the UK-ISO kit results in basic JIS support.

Edit: replaced with corrected picture.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2020, 23:55:37 by dvorcol »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 16:51:07 »
I have a couple suggestions for the katakana and hiragana kits, hopefully it's not too late.

In keeping with the green legends in Latin and purple legends in Japanese, please change the R4 and R3 "|" (pipe) to "ー" (the prolonged sound mark).

By adding two keycaps (see picture), purchasing the UK-ISO kit results in basic JIS support.

Show Image

Will do, Thank you for the tip! never too late for your advice, Got some exciting cyberspace updates coming allong with pricing in the next few days

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:27:21 »

In keeping with the green legends in Latin and purple legends in Japanese, please change the R4 and R3 "|" (pipe) to "ー" (the prolonged sound mark) "mu".

Show Image

Will do, Thank you for the tip! never too late for your advice, Got some exciting cyberspace updates coming allong with pricing in the next few days

Very sorry, I made a mistake.  Please replace | with mu rather than ー

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2020, 23:57:23 by dvorcol »

Offline krikun98

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 16:33:11 »

In keeping with the green legends in Latin and purple legends in Japanese, please change the R4 and R3 "|" (pipe) to "ー" (the prolonged sound mark).

Show Image

Show Image

These mu symbols look exactly like the ones you proposed for R2 near the hashtag. What should be there then?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 00:05:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

These mu symbols look exactly like the ones you proposed for R2 near the hashtag. What should be there then?

I used GMK Deku as a model.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 00:25:04 »
While explaining my suggestions just now, I noticed some problems in the UK ISO kit. 

1) The legends on eight keycaps must be flipped to remain true to theme.

2) The upper left legends on the three marked with * should be white (glowing?) like the three dark keycaps on R4.

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 01:21:05 by dvorcol »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #322 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 09:47:00 »
While explaining my suggestions just now, I noticed some problems in the UK ISO kit. 

1) The legends on eight keycaps must be flipped to remain true to theme.

2) The upper left legends on the three marked with * should be white (glowing?) like the three dark keycaps on R4.

Show Image

Hey, thank you for the Kata tip even my tranlator friend didn't catch that one. The UK iso kit was fixed a while back, I'm still awaiting my kitting renders and pricing to update the main post properly which should hopefully be any day now! Thanks for all the continued support guys!

Offline lamonayon

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 08:50:22 »
Will there be an option for white version of this keycaps? I personally think it will be clean, while still providing the kick of the space theme via the glow up feature!

Offline Sanctified

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 10:00:31 »
Really cool kit looking forward to the group buy :p

Offline krzank

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 22:14:43 »
How to do TKL with this?
Specifically:
Where is R4 Tilde/grave-accent key?
Where is Ё in cyrillic set?

Offline illusionist

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 23:16:18 »
This looks amazing, have till August to save up  :cool:

Offline Bax

« Reply #327 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 15:58:19 »
Amazing novelties!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #328 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 16:34:31 »

Show Image

The R4 key should not be changed. There needs to be a R4 ー key in order to support JIS layouts.

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #329 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 19:35:48 »
May I ask where is the "`"/"~" key in the set?

Offline bigern302

« Reply #330 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 13:07:55 »
Is there a cable collab?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #331 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 15:26:50 »
Kitting render updates coming most if not all of what has been commented had been ammended I just haven't made new photoshop mockups. Prcing coming Very soon! along with updates on collabs! Yes there will be a cable collab, yes it will have a GiD Aviator connector ;D

Offline bigern302

« Reply #332 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 17:12:10 »
Fantastic!  I’m gonna destroy my wallet with this set.  Thanks for the unseen toil, Papi!  It’s a fabulous design.   :thumb:

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 19:12:52 »
Fantastic!  I’m gonna destroy my wallet with this set.  Thanks for the unseen toil, Papi!  It’s a fabulous design.   :thumb:
Same here, I just did that w/ KAT Artic & will do even more wallet damage with this set's kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tzarc

« Reply #334 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 19:35:56 »

Pretty much... was this or KAT Iron, and if the R3 1U |\ comes thru with this, it's going to be a massive hit to the savings account!

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #335 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 22:38:16 »

Not sure if this comment got ignored, but did Alpha modules are missing R4 `~ key?
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 June 2020, 22:39:58 by ZongZiWang »

Offline tzarc

« Reply #336 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 22:40:12 »

Not sure if this comment got ignored, but did Alpha modules are missing `~ key?

I queried this earlier -- it was an oversight with the renders and is part of each of the alphas kits.

Offline lluvia

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 15:00:02 »
Is it too late to suggest edits to the Japanese deskmat?
For example, when Japanese is written top to bottom, the line that represents a long vowel "ー", specifically beam ビーム as in laser beam レーザービーム, this line becomes vertical.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 15:36:38 »
Is it too late to suggest edits to the Japanese deskmat?
For example, when Japanese is written top to bottom, the line that represents a long vowel "ー", specifically beam ビーム as in laser beam レーザービーム, this line becomes vertical.
Definitely not if you could DM me id appreciate the help. I want them to be perfect.

Offline Jomigirock

« Reply #339 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 13:35:51 »
I wonder what board would complement this set well? Hmmmmm?
It looks so dope I can't wait.

Offline MooGoesTheToast

« Reply #340 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 17:39:47 »
I wonder what board would complement this set well? Hmmmmm?
It looks so dope I can't wait.
Cyber Voyager  :D

Offline Gati

« Reply #341 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 12:49:07 »
Can’t wait to see pricing

Offline Sabin

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 12:17:43 »
So are the characters actually green or are they actually white and glow green in the dark?

Offline Yilk81

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 13:01:04 »
So are the characters actually green or are they actually white and glow green in the dark?
The latter

Offline Sabin

« Reply #344 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 13:58:48 »
The latter
Even the sets with sublegends (e.g. hiragana)? And what about the modifiers? In the render the alphas are white but the rest of the keys are green?

Offline CupoDylan

« Reply #345 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 16:56:06 »
Do you happen to have the discord link to keep me updated on the keycaps? It looks great!

Offline xkooked

« Reply #346 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 14:10:08 »
Looks very promising ! :thumb:
Wish there were a set with hangul only centered in green, I'd buy it instantly :p

By the way, the discord link is invalid :(

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 22:49:19 »
https://discord.gg/jGBMxst
Here’s the link sorry guys!

Received pricing from keyreative will update when everything’s worked out with the vendors thanks guys

Offline KMPLSV

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 04:08:18 »
how long is the GB going to last? aug 1st until?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 07:10:49 »
how long is the GB going to last? aug 1st until?
Till September 1st (: