Author Topic: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!  (Read 166950 times)

Offline antx1701

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - LESS THAN A WEEK!
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 02:54:06 »
Love the options, but it's a shame the novs and wake bars are two separate kits. Still, definitely gonna pick this up.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 07:42:17 »
Ortho and Hangul monolegend kit?

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 10:17:00 »
Ergo blanks doesnt need the same number of keys as the ergo legends. The point of blanks is you only really need 1 key per available spot. That kit could fill mods on big my boardwalks. Have some left over even. 

Offline Coneree

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 10:34:46 »
Do all kits glow?

I also notice no 1u R1 FN key in either of the mod kits - is this intended?
Current Rotation:
Space65 v2 | Maja Ergo | SC Alice | NK65 Purple | ID80 | Massdrop Alt HP

Offline MasturbaSean

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 15:03:47 »
Bummer I bought an ISO board specifically for the Oni Iso Novelty.. shame it didn't make the final cut.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 16:43:22 »
Another green set? Heck yes! Looking to own a few kits of this release.

Count me in!  :thumb:

Offline fons

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 17:02:03 »
Oh noo what happened to the Hangul alphas. I was super into it up until the addition of those double sub-legends  :-[

Seeing how those double sub-legends just add a character that it is basically the main one but twice I don't think it is as necessary as to make the set look so overcrowded.
I don't write Korean but that is just my opinion. It's a pity because I was truly in love with it, but I really don't like the keycaps filled with legends and so much purple. I will have to move on to the Katakana which I don't like as much.

Good prices for europe on the other hand. Thank you for making this possible Ulliam. But I'm sad to let the Hangul go.

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #407 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 19:31:42 »
Do all kits glow?

I also notice no 1u R1 FN key in either of the mod kits - is this intended?

I felt it's a mistake, there are 3 1u GUI (code/super) key (where usually you have 2 in a kit), one of them is next to 1.75u shift, which is usually where the 1u FN key is

Offline tzarc

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 20:29:03 »
Bummer, no R3 1U |\ key. Methinks I'll be off to go get some KAT Iron instead, sadly.

Offline Techlet

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Coming August 1st
« Reply #409 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 03:42:35 »
It will be 1.1mm of PBT plastic they're not designed as shine through but you will be able to charge the underside of the cap with inboard leds, just that i wasn't trying to show that here.

A bit late to this but isn't KAT advertised as ~1.6 mm thick? Is this set thinner because of the GiD plastic?

Really interested because of KAT and the glow in the dark element, but would be a bit hesitant if this isn't as thicc as other KAT sets.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2020, 04:01:58 by Techlet »

Offline harlekein

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 08:54:53 »
Oh noo what happened to the Hangul alphas. I was super into it up until the addition of those double sub-legends  :-[

Seeing how those double sub-legends just add a character that it is basically the main one but twice I don't think it is as necessary as to make the set look so overcrowded.
I don't write Korean but that is just my opinion. It's a pity because I was truly in love with it, but I really don't like the keycaps filled with legends and so much purple. I will have to move on to the Katakana which I don't like as much.

While I think you are looking at Latin with Hangul sublegends and I am interested in the Hangul mono legends, but I just have to echo this sentiment. I think it would look better without the sublegends entirely.

Offline wil

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 08:56:06 »
did glow in the dark caps get cut or am i missing something?

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #412 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 09:05:12 »
did glow in the dark caps get cut or am i missing something?

You're missing something. Pretty hard to overlook if you read the first post.

Offline Pizza_on_Pineapple

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 10:28:27 »
Bummer, no R3 1U |\ key. Methinks I'll be off to go get some KAT Iron instead, sadly.

Same, was also hoping for a R3 1u pipe key in the ortho kit. It's the only key that I'm missing for a 12 column split/ortho. Putting the [{ key there just doesn't feel right if there's no closing bracket. It's probably going to be a second backspace then.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 12:18:59 »
It will be 1.1mm of PBT plastic they're not designed as shine through but you will be able to charge the underside of the cap with inboard leds, just that i wasn't trying to show that here.

A bit late to this but isn't KAT advertised as ~1.6 mm thick? Is this set thinner because of the GiD plastic?

Really interested because of KAT and the glow in the dark element, but would be a bit hesitant if this isn't as thicc as other KAT sets.
I would like to know this as well. It might change a bit the sound profile due to the thickness?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 12:27:43 »
Just so we're clear, the green color on all the sets is actually green right? Not glow in the dark? I may sound stupid but just had to check  :D .

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #416 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 14:55:26 »

Yes, I'm sorry this was an error on my part, They are the same thickness are regular KAT keycaps.

Just so we're clear, the green color on all the sets is actually green right? Not glow in the dark? I may sound stupid but just had to check  :D .

if you check out this image you can see which areas rendered will glow, the top is charged bottom is in daylight.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2020, 14:59:03 by Ulliam »

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 15:19:04 »

Yes, I'm sorry this was an error on my part, They are the same thickness are regular KAT keycaps.

Show Image

if you check out this image you can see which areas rendered will glow, the top is charged bottom is in daylight.

Ok wonderful, so they are actually green caps, just checking. Thank-you!!

Offline stein3

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 16:16:32 »
So the mono legend alphas are all white-ish GiD, whereas the dual legends and dayglow are more green GiD? Or is this just a rendering artifact?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #419 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 17:26:16 »
3 Hours Till the first Artisan Raffle starts and with a bang!

Artkey Sirius: https://artkeyuniverse.com/shop/detail/cyberspace

Good Luck!

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!
« Reply #420 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 17:47:35 »
Am I seeing ok - TKL is for $55?

Also, do all kits glow?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Yilk81

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Aug 1st - Rama Cap!
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 02:17:25 »
This should clarify things @phinix
All keys are made of Glow in the Dark plastic
The white areas are RAW GiD, every other area is printed.The Green and purple will still glow are varying brightnesses. I am still awaiting my samples being produced by keyreative but they have assured me theyve made a new batch of GiD plastic and im in the queue to get samples made and as soon as they are i will be doing many tests!

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #422 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 02:36:39 »
I'm geeking out for this set now.

Offline phinix

« Reply #423 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 03:58:58 »
The white areas are RAW GiD, every other area is printed.The Green and purple will still glow are varying brightnesses. I am still awaiting my samples being produced by keyreative but they have assured me theyve made a new batch of GiD plastic and im in the queue to get samples made and as soon as they are i will be doing many tests!

Thanks. Printed caps.. doesn't sound good.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Corruto

« Reply #424 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 04:37:37 »
I'm in!

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 05:01:09 »

Show Image

Not sure if its just the render, but is the daylight and glow colour for Hangul and Katakana kit different?
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline GLC13R

« Reply #426 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 09:06:42 »
It looks like the UK ISO key legends are in white in both the Beta/Icon-Mods and Beta/Text-Mods kits.

This means that to have a full colour matching UK ISO layout you only have the option to use the Alpha/Alpha kit as this is the only one that also has the legends in white and sublegends in purple. There are no colour variations of the UK ISO keys to match the other English Alpha kits (Dayglow, Raw and TKL), and the white legends on black of the UK ISO keys will stick out like a sore thumb on anything other than Alpha/Alpha kit.

I really do appreciate the addition of UK ISO (bravo!), but its a shame it is limited to complimenting 1 of 9 alpha sets.

On a plus note; it allows me to save some pennies.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2020, 09:12:09 by GLC13R »

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #427 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 07:42:53 »

Printed = dye sublimated. And keyreative offers "reverse dye sub" which means you pick a base material, that only shows through the legends on the cap. And you sublimate a different colour over the rest of it. That is why these can be glow in the dark in the first place.

PBT is always "printed" using dye sub. Any reasonable quality ones anyway. You can pretty much this yourself using laserprinter toner and heat. It last pretty much forever, since the material is permanently stained with it. Which is why you cannot do dark caps with (very) light colours in PBT without going double shot. Unless you reverse the proces and do reverse dye sub. I learned this from Minterly's KAT eternal set which uses the same method from keyreative.

So no need to worry, these aren't 3D printed or something... (Yeah... That kind of sucks, both FDM and Resin, but metal "printed" caps can be nice)

Offline TheStrkr

« Reply #428 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 06:06:27 »
It looks like the UK ISO key legends are in white in both the Beta/Icon-Mods and Beta/Text-Mods kits.

This means that to have a full colour matching UK ISO layout you only have the option to use the Alpha/Alpha kit as this is the only one that also has the legends in white and sublegends in purple. There are no colour variations of the UK ISO keys to match the other English Alpha kits (Dayglow, Raw and TKL), and the white legends on black of the UK ISO keys will stick out like a sore thumb on anything other than Alpha/Alpha kit.

I really do appreciate the addition of UK ISO (bravo!), but its a shame it is limited to complimenting 1 of 9 alpha sets.

On a plus note; it allows me to save some pennies.

This. The removal of the independent UK ISO kit I think has unfortunately written this off for me now

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!
« Reply #429 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 09:10:38 »
Yep, I’m definitely joining, I’ll be in for 3 alphas (not sure which ones yet), 3 40s, numpad, violet & day glow Spacebars, Novelty, & maybe something else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 July 2020, 09:12:22 by William_S_Jones »

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #430 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 11:31:47 »
what happened to the pill novelties?

also kudos on the "white rabbit" novelties! Jefferson Airplane is one of my favs

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #431 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 12:12:35 »

also kudos on the "white rabbit" novelties! Jefferson Airplane is one of my favs
I guess that's original Matrix reference, not JA one.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #432 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 12:33:22 »

I guess that's original Matrix reference, not JA one.

Offline tempo

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 13:14:11 »
This is awesome

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 13:37:22 »
There's another Artkey raffle tonight at 10pm Friday Eastern / 2:00 Saturday GMT for anyone interested. This time for the Bull v2 and Devourer sculpts. Not quite as expensive as the Sirius was, but still really steep at $85. 10 of each colorway.

https://artkeyuniverse.com/shop/detail/cyberspace-bd

What I'm really hoping for is for Brewcaps to come out with a Cyberspace Pain though...

Edit: I just saw that Brewcaps posted a GiD Pain cap 2 hours ago to Reddit! I should have known that would happen. Deets here: https://brewcaps.store/collections/pain/products/pain-gazer-green && https://old.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/i1agnw/artisan_brewcaps_pain_glow_in_the_dark_green/

Doesn't quite match, but close enough.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 July 2020, 14:13:56 by TurboGrinder »

Offline phinix

« Reply #435 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 19:10:07 »

Printed = dye sublimated. And keyreative offers "reverse dye sub" which means you pick a base material, that only shows through the legends on the cap. And you sublimate a different colour over the rest of it. That is why these can be glow in the dark in the first place.

PBT is always "printed" using dye sub. Any reasonable quality ones anyway. You can pretty much this yourself using laserprinter toner and heat. It last pretty much forever, since the material is permanently stained with it. Which is why you cannot do dark caps with (very) light colours in PBT without going double shot. Unless you reverse the proces and do reverse dye sub. I learned this from Minterly's KAT eternal set which uses the same method from keyreative.

So no need to worry, these aren't 3D printed or something... (Yeah... That kind of sucks, both FDM and Resin, but metal "printed" caps can be nice)

Aaa, ok thanks :)
I was a dummy and thought it is printed over - like label  :confused:

One more question - why alphas look like white-ish legends, where TKL set looks like green legends?
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 July 2020, 19:13:36 by phinix »

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 19:20:01 »