geekhack Marketplace > Matias

Keycaps

<< < (3/124) > >>

Burz:
I would be interested in some different-colored modifier caps, in medium or charcoal grey or maybe even something like dark blue.

The Mini Quiet Pro, I'm finding out, just seems like its sucking up all the light in its vicinity, making it a bit slower to position my hands on the thing (that, and the F-J bumps are more subtle than normal). I need something to break up the monotony.

If not new caps, then maybe painting the case is in order. I'm tired of having all my computer equipment ending up with only black to choose from. Even beige/khaki would be an improvement at this point.

Matias:
Thanks for all the comments.

We're doing 3D drawings for thick PBT keycaps now, so feel free to post any comments or requests.

Thanks!

polpo:

--- Quote from: Matias on Fri, 30 August 2013, 15:11:15 ---thick PBT
--- End quote ---
Yesss!!! I can't wait!

Burz:
I'm not sure if this is any good as a suggestion, but Cherry have started making MX switch keyboards bearing lower-profile keycaps. That might be nice to have on a Matias board.

Sort of related-- Even the ThinkPad brand has switched to lower-profile caps with broader surface area (some people are calling them 'chicklet', but they are still sculpted). Even if lower-profile isn't feasible for ALPS switches, making the cap surface a bit larger might be nice as I really enjoy the size/shape of the new ThinkPad caps.

CPTBadAss:

--- Quote from: Matias on Wed, 17 July 2013, 23:21:01 ---
--- Quote from: Techno Trousers on Wed, 17 July 2013, 17:41:43 ---Great news! I hope CPTBadAss saw this. I know he's always looking for Alps caps.

--- End quote ---

He posted to this thread, so he probably did.

I'll post again when we're close to having the keycaps available.

--- End quote ---

I just saw this!! I'm excited but I've gotta say, I'm a little disappointed it's going to thick PBT. Regardless, new Alps caps are going to be incredible :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version