Author Topic: just post aww  (Read 403149 times)

Offline iri

Re: just post aww
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 02:02:08 »
please let's not turn this thread into "kmiller8's pictures" :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 03:50:59 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 01:56:06 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 04:22:10 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 09:05:53 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:25:43 »
(Attachment Link)

What's happening there?

Judging by the grainy image, I'd guess it is a GIF, but I do not see any animation.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:29:33 »
(Attachment Link)

What's happening there?

Judging by the grainy image, I'd guess it is a GIF, but I do not see any animation.

He opens the cage and a (lion if I remember?) pounces on him for a big hug :)
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:40:10 »
(Attachment Link)

What's happening there?

He opens the cage and a (lion if I remember?) pounces on him for a big hug :)

Awwwwwwwwwww :)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:42:25 »
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 16:47:32 »

Offline iri

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 01:43:00 »
so, geekhack can't properly embed attached gifs? iri sad :(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 03:23:18 »

Been that way for a long time, GH is picky on which gifs it likes to play. I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it because it sure as ****s not always file size.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 04:26:43 »
For GIFs, I usually just upload them to imgur and paste the link.

Edit: And today's awww (one for BunnyLake hehe) ...

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 04:38:06 »
For GIFs, I usually just upload them to imgur and paste the link.

Same here. I use photobucket. It's the only way I know of to get GIFs on here.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Nixietube

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:29:58 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 13:33:23 by Nixietube »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:27:50 »
Show Image

That reminds me of high school chemistry lessons :))

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 03:34:07 »

Been that way for a long time, GH is picky on which gifs it likes to play. I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it because it sure as ****s not always file size.

i think it has to do with the imagemagick conversion. i have no idea how i ended up getting my animated avatar to work at this point...
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 04:09:21 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 04:59:50 »

Offline iri

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:10:11 »
somehow those puppies are much closer to my definition of "aww" than this measuring glass

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 05:48:17 »

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 06:09:06 »
My girlfriends dog.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 April 2014, 07:04:12 by SeeThruHead »

Painted QFR          Poker 2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 03:40:10 »

Offline iri

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 10:37:54 »
meanwhile, in saint petersburg

« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 14:24:59 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 14:07:27 »
meanwhile, in saint petersburg

http://cs606224.vk.me/v606224927/3d95/qnBQPJK-CFk.jpg

That would be hilarious if there was a midget inside, and s/he sat totally still like a stuffed bear until someone sat down next to him, and then tried to give them a hug.

But would probably end badly for the bear.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 14:32:34 »

You seem to have forgotten my lunch...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 15:23:02 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 04:28:40 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 04:29:26 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 05:05:28 »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 09:52:39 »
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 05:12:33 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 05:39:19 »

:llama:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 03:26:15 »
world's smallest monkey eating macaroni

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 03:54:18 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 16:09:03 »
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 06:01:06 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 01:29:26 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 08:18:09 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 19:45:25 »

Offline iri

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 07:34:25 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #192 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 08:00:37 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #193 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 08:20:49 »
Oh lada.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 05:50:03 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 16:57:55 »
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 06:00:51 »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 06:09:14 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 06:39:10 »
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline iri

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 15:02:28 »

-Ray Bradbury