Author Topic: [IC] JD40 Kits  (Read 29738 times)

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
Re: [IC] JD40 Kits
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 15:22:40 »
I'm down like 4 flat tires for a $140 JD 40 kit!
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline MkLovin

• pwned by dit
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 15:26:14 »
I am definitely interested!
Mick Lovin is my favorite singer in the Rolling Stones

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 15:18:47 »
samples are coming in next week!

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 16:47:20 »
samples are coming in next week!

That's great News!!

Offline DaveB

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 20:54:17 »
I'd love this in burnt orange anodyzing; I'm thinking about caps in autumnal colors, too.

Show Image

Show Image

Some options for colors:

Grey
Silver
Rose Pink
Red
and Black

Let me know what you guys think!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 14:39:20 »
We have the samples in hand! We'll start building them as soon as we get some switches in :)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 15:46:43 »
Looking forward to visuals!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 12:49:00 »
Definitely interested!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 13:40:35 »
100% interested.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 18:03:49 »
Show Image

Show Image

I do not have the samples in hand yet. I'll show more when I do get some pictures.

Some options for colors:

Grey
Silver
Rose Pink
Red
and Black

These are such standard color options. Why not do something more interesting?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 18:08:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

I do not have the samples in hand yet. I'll show more when I do get some pictures.

Some options for colors:

Grey
Silver
Rose Pink
Red
and Black

These are such standard color options. Why not do something more interesting?

Definitely possible. We had the samples from last week already. We are just awaiting some external products to complete the build and do some sound-testing on this quality stainless steel plate.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 21:04:42 »

Definitely possible. We had the samples from last week already. We are just awaiting some external products to complete the build and do some sound-testing on this quality stainless steel plate.

If you're taking suggestions into consideration I'd love purple/violet and pink at least, even red or lime green would be cool. Black/white/silver are classics of course and I like white cases personally but I'm more of a unique colour kinda guy.

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 21:19:25 »

If you're taking suggestions into consideration I'd love purple/violet and pink at least, even red or lime green would be cool. Black/white/silver are classics of course and I like white cases personally but I'm more of a unique colour kinda guy.
I might be down for purple

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 21:29:27 »
Nice, those cases look great.

Like TEX 60% :)

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline tacnificent

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 10:57:52 »
Partial to british racing green or burnt orange personally if you're taking suggestions. Or at the very least, something that will look decent with TAC

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 11:12:28 »
Partial to british racing green or burnt orange personally if you're taking suggestions. Or at the very least, something that will look decent with TAC

Brown, gold, or any bright color would look great with the Chocolatier set!

Offline odd

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 18:32:20 »
I'm super down. I now own both JD40 and JD45 and would love any extra gear I could get for the spare PCB's i have plus keyset's just for the JD40? count me in.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 22:17:52 »

I too am down for both colorways!

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 09:59:27 »
Purple or Cyan I'm in!
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 19:28:42 »
any updates on the kits, Sherry?  :)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 15:10:52 »

Heya!

Yeah, we'll be bringing 1~2 to the meet up in LA on September 17 to show off the keyboard. Group buy will commence shortly after.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 September 2016, 16:17:52 by sherryton »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 16:15:39 »

Heya!

Yeah, we'll be bringing 1~2 to the meet up to show off the keyboard. Group buy will commence shortly after.

y u do dis, wallet still recovering from the Keyboard & Co + all the artisans that have been popping up as of late haha.

Looking forward to it!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 17:22:25 »

Heya!

Yeah, we'll be bringing 1~2 to the meet up to show off the keyboard. Group buy will commence shortly after.

y u do dis, wallet still recovering from the Keyboard & Co + all the artisans that have been popping up as of late haha.

Looking forward to it!

Will you be attending the meet up? I really can't wait to show this keyboard. It's amazingly smooth, but that can be good and bad.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 17:32:48 »
Will you be attending the meet up? I really can't wait to show this keyboard. It's amazingly smooth, but that can be good and bad.

Oh no, unfortunately not, I wish I could! I meant I'm looking forward to the JD40s becoming available - will you still offer assembly as an option as you tend to with your kits?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 18:00:26 »

Oh no, unfortunately not, I wish I could! I meant I'm looking forward to the JD40s becoming available - will you still offer assembly as an option as you tend to with your kits?

Haha, yeah. I just wanted to know if you were coming so you can try out the keyboard!

The keyboard will be offered through assembly. The assembly is really clean. :)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 18:11:43 »
Haha, yeah. I just wanted to know if you were coming so you can try out the keyboard!

I'd love to! I'm sure I'll like it though even without trying it, but it'd be very cool. Living in Europe and in a small country at that makes it so I have to miss out on all the cool events and meets that you guys get together in the US.

Glad to hear it'll be offered fully assembled! I'm too lazy and incompetent to solder stuff myself haha.

When is the meet by the way? Just curious.

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 18:50:06 »
Heya!

Yeah, we'll be bringing 1~2 to the meet up in LA on September 17 to show off the keyboard. Group buy will commence shortly after.

Awesome! post some pics too if possible?   :thumb:
Thankyouu

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 18:50:56 »

I'd love to! I'm sure I'll like it though even without trying it, but it'd be very cool. Living in Europe and in a small country at that makes it so I have to miss out on all the cool events and meets that you guys get together in the US.

Glad to hear it'll be offered fully assembled! I'm too lazy and incompetent to solder stuff myself haha.

When is the meet by the way? Just curious.

This upcoming Saturday!

Heya!

Awesome! post some pics too if possible?   :thumb:
Thankyouu

We will definitely post pictures, but you might see pictures from other people before you see ours hahaha

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 18:59:26 »

Heya!

Looking forward to it!

LOL, too funny, Virgrith,
Artisans have gotten me too. My first was a yellow Mechashark, followed by 3 hot key projects (2 beserkers (yellow, navy) & 1 navy raven), 1 holy oops (red berserker), & 2 incoming  WOB twisted crusaders (black & red). August was a busy month indeed. I'll be ready for the GB. Sherry, what are going to be the options, such as case colors, switches (such as cherry, gaterons), and will LEDs be an option? Oh yeah, one more thing, along with the split space bar option, will a single 6.25 space bar option be available too?
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 September 2016, 19:04:50 by William_S_Jones »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 20:43:55 »

Heya!

Looking forward to it!

Artisans have gotten me too. My first was a yellow Mechashark, followed by 3 hot key projects (2 beserkers (yellow, navy) & 1 navy raven), 1 holy oops (red berserker), & 2 incoming  WOB twisted crusaders (black & red). August was a busy month indeed. I'll be ready for the GB. Sherry, what are going to be the options, such as case colors, switches (such as cherry, gaterons), and will LEDs be an option? Oh yeah, one more thing, along with the split space bar option, will a single 6.25 space bar option be available too?

We'll announce the options next Monday, but you can talk to us about at the LA meet up!

I'll let you know that LED will not be an option we are working on though.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 20:56:23 »
We will definitely post pictures, but you might see pictures from other people before you see ours hahaha

Hey Saturday already! Very cool, I hope you all have a great time Sherry, looking forward to the pictures and the options announcement for the JD40 on Monday!!

Haha yea, I bought a bunch of artisans through Massdrop (multiple Gems, multiple Jelly Keys, etc), a few Hot Key Project ones (can't wait for the black Raven for both my topre and MX especially) and a bunch of others. Going to be ordering plenty of HolyOOPS aluminium caps too soon enough (dat Totoro tho), rip wallet forever.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:17:09 »

Hey Saturday already! Very cool, I hope you all have a great time Sherry, looking forward to the pictures and the options announcement for the JD40 on Monday!!

Haha yea, I bought a bunch of artisans through Massdrop (multiple Gems, multiple Jelly Keys, etc), a few Hot Key Project ones (can't wait for the black Raven for both my topre and MX especially) and a bunch of others. Going to be ordering plenty of HolyOOPS aluminium caps too soon enough (dat Totoro tho), rip wallet forever.

Oh yeah, I forgot about my MD JellyKeys set which I'm patiently waiting for. I decided to chill on the MD gems b/c I got another chance at the keyclack AMJ40 gb that I forgot about. I figure w/ that November ship date I'll get another shot at them, so I wasn't bothered for skipping it. I hope to get that Black Beserker soon after talking to Martin Yeah. As of now I'm getting a list of previous HKP artisans to see if Martin may have any left overs that I can buy. I'm really looking forward to using some artisan on the Originative JD40 board. I'm looking forward to the Sherry's options.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:22:04 »
Show Image

Show Image

Some options for colors:

Grey
Silver
Rose Pink
Red
and Black

That case looks sick! I've been looking for a nice JD40 case for awhile and I'd definitely buy this!! Looking forward to getting more details about the buy.
I love that case too, if Sherry is still sticking w/ those colors, it's between rose pink & red. I just need to see what the colors look like in order to decide.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:31:09 »
I'm sure grey, black and rose pink will all look awesome! I'm secretly hoping for purple (my favourite colour), rose gold/champagne or just white but I'm happy enough with the options Sherry suggested.

PS: Let me know if there's any super cool caps in that list Martin is going to be sending you, I asked him about a Macaroon (baby blue/pink) raven for my CtrlAlt Miami board but was told it is no longer available.  :( At least my regular black ravens and berserker will arrive tomorrow I'm hoping, or the day after, so that's cool.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:33:00 by Vigrith »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:45:30 »
I'm sure grey, black and rose pink will all look awesome! I'm secretly hoping for purple (my favourite colour), rose gold/champagne or just white but I'm happy enough with the options Sherry suggested.

PS: Let me know if there's any super cool caps in that list Martin is going to be sending you, I asked him about a Macaroon (baby blue/pink) raven for my CtrlAlt Miami board but was told it is no longer available.  :( At least my regular black ravens and berserker will arrive tomorrow I'm hoping, or the day after, so that's cool.

Understood, I've got you. I'm primarily interested in the black/purple & translucent purple Ravens. I've already got a purple minivan, will have a turquoise arrow layout van soon. I try to have different keyboard cases b/c I love colors!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 22:02:27 »
Understood, I've got you. I'm primarily interested in the black/purple & translucent purple Ravens. I've already got a purple minivan, will have a turquoise arrow layout van soon. I try to have different keyboard cases b/c I love colors!

Yea the black/purple raven is awesome and the translucents are cool too; mechsupply will be getting a pretty large batch of neon yellow & coral translucent berserkers fairly soon from Martin as well so I'll be getting in on that, probably for 2 of each. Need to order some more topre artisans too because I'm getting a HHKB soon enough (probably around new years), so far the only one I'll have is one of the Ravens I'm getting.

Jealous of the purple minivan, that must look awesome! I got in on the turquoise arrow layout too on MD, will be having a friend assemble it for me right after the kit arrives (bless her cotton socks for having the patience because I'm inept) - very much looking forward to that.

Need to start thinking of a cool set to use with this JD40 board as well for once it arrives! I probably have some that fit already but you know.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 22:06:28 »

Yea the black/purple raven is awesome and the translucents are cool too; mechsupply will be getting a pretty large batch of neon yellow & coral translucent berserkers fairly soon from Martin as well so I'll be getting in on that, probably for 2 of each. Need to order some more topre artisans too because I'm getting a HHKB soon enough (probably around new years), so far the only one I'll have is one of the Ravens I'm getting.

Jealous of the purple minivan, that must look awesome! I got in on the turquoise arrow layout too on MD, will be having a friend assemble it for me right after the kit arrives (bless her cotton socks for having the patience because I'm inept) - very much looking forward to that.

Need to start thinking of a cool set to use with this JD40 board as well for once it arrives! I probably have some that fit already but you know.

I believe this https://www.originativeco.com/products/modern-beige?variant=18906335429  or this https://www.originativeco.com/products/modern-beige?variant=18906335173 will be nice w/ the hot pink case.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 12:15:39 »

Heya!

I want one!  Can't wait!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 16:11:52 »

Heya!

Looking forward to it!

We'll announce the options next Monday, but you can talk to us about at the LA meet up!

I'll let you know that LED will not be an option we are working on though.

I'm on the east coast (NC)....The LED situation is okay w/ me, I can take care of that. One more question, will your new mod switches be offered w/ your "assembled Sherry40s?"
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 September 2016, 16:51:43 by William_S_Jones »

Offline olijuice

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 23:23:17 »
I would be totally down for this. Is this the v1 or v2 version of the PCB and plate? From what I understand the v2 allows for more customizations to the bottom row?

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 23:59:02 »
I would be totally down for this. Is this the v1 or v2 version of the PCB and plate? From what I understand the v2 allows for more customizations to the bottom row?
It's the JD40 V2 PCB.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 00:15:05 »
I don't know if I missed it in the thread, but will the cap sets be a stand alone option for those of us that already have a jd40?  I would love a cherry profile set that actually matches the layout. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline olijuice

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 00:24:09 »
I don't know if I missed it in the thread, but will the cap sets be a stand alone option for those of us that already have a jd40?  I would love a cherry profile set that actually matches the layout. 

Earlier in the thread sherryton says it will be only within the GB :(

It's the JD40 V2 PCB.

Thanks!

Offline TixoRebel

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 08:05:45 »
Would it be possible to get a kit without switches as I'm already sitting on a bunch?

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 14:08:08 »
Would it be possible to get a kit without switches as I'm already sitting on a bunch?

Based off what I know, I believe Sherryton's JD40 kit will be sold with the option of assembled or diy. I know I'm looking forward to it!
Edit-here, Sherryton mentioned it at the start of this interest check: "The price for a DIY kit will run from $135-150 and assembled will be $170+."
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 December 2016, 14:12:22 by William_S_Jones »

Offline mniels

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 17:34:11 »

Absolutely interested, lets make it happen!!!!!

Like, soon.   :D

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 08:23:17 »
yes, me too!! any updates on this project, sherryton?   ;D

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 21:21:27 »
Definitely interested!   :thumb:

Offline vafan

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 23:39:57 »
So expensive

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 12:58:33 »
The group buy for Sherryton's JD40 is now live on: https://www.buyparty.io/projects/jd40/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk