Author Topic: Dear International Customers  (Read 117861 times)

Offline nokcha

• www.Keypop.net [키팝.net]
Dear International Customers
« on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 15:25:29 »
Unfortunately the Post Office has more than doubled their shipping rates for International orders starting January 27, 2013.
Source: http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2012/pb22352/html/kit.htm
From now on all shipping for International Orders will start at $8.
Thankfully Domestic Prices have not increased drastically and will remain the same in our store.
If you have placed any orders today, we will honor our old shipping rates.

Again, we apologize for this as we have no control over it.
We hope you can still enjoy our keycaps and services through harsh times like these.
Thank you.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Dear International Customers
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 17:38:23 »
Thanks for the heads-up.  It's been mentioned in a couple of other threads too.

Now I'll have to buy more keycaps in each order to justify the postage ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 21:49:58 »
Aww it's a shame was about to place an order but the extra postage kills it for me unfortunately.

Wait when you said today do you mean orders made before this message or all day? (As in could I get an order now at the cheap postage rate?)

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 22:01:31 »
Does that 8$ include tracking? Maybe if it does you could offer shipping with no tracking for international to keep the costs down.
Just an idea to attract the people that would be turned off with such a high shipping cost.

Offline nokcha

• www.Keypop.net [키팝.net]
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 22:12:21 »
Does that 8$ include tracking? Maybe if it does you could offer shipping with no tracking for international to keep the costs down.
Just an idea to attract the people that would be turned off with such a high shipping cost.
Unfortunately the $8 does not include tracking. We can only offer a partial tracking that only tracks the package while it's in the US.
Additional tracking #'s in this new policy is only reserved for special online services or additional costs at the Post Office. :[

We only honored our old shipping rates when the order was placed before we changed our shipping prices(this morning)

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 22:18:53 »
Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until I see the GID gamer keyset on sale before I make an order as a few keys would be too prohibitive postage wise to me. Thanks anyway.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 22:20:50 »
$8 is around the same as some have been charging anyway..
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 22:24:14 »
Yeah if I was buying a whole lot it would be worth it to me no doubt, but it's the same reason I can't put in an order at techkeys either. Funds are too tight to get a whole lot of keys and postage is too high for just a few.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 04:15:06 »
Yeah if I was buying a whole lot it would be worth it to me no doubt, but it's the same reason I can't put in an order at techkeys either. Funds are too tight to get a whole lot of keys and postage is too high for just a few.

Just a suggestion, you can give the money (+ extra) to either nokcha or techkeys.  They can order it for you, and it will only be an additional few bucks.  That would increase the shipping to a total of $11.  Just a suggestion!

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 11:06:07 »
damn! I should have ordered last week. I can never justify spending $8 on shipping, I even thought $4 was expensive. Can It really be true that a single key cap can't be shipped for less?

I feel you on that one. I too can't order from Techkeys for that same reason. Worst part is though, that I can't order for more than $14 or I'll have to pay import fee of minimum $29.

Is there no way that shipping could be cheaper for just a single key?